Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Park vs Dark Order 9 13.85%
Top Flight vs Inner Circle 12 18.46%
Dustin Rhodes vs Evil Uno 4 6.15%
The Young Bucks vs The Acclaimed 13 20.00%
Shida Got Bit! 11 16.92%
Pac vs. The Butcher 16 24.62%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I wonder if it was scrapped cause Serena is as bad on the mic as she is good in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

Seriously tho why does the gum club get a win on every single dark?

They see something in the large adult Gunn's that I do not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ICR posted:

I think you got it right. Madness I tell ya!

Also, y’all need to listen to this Sting podcast on AEW Unrestricted. It’s one of the best ones yet. Sting’s mind is so strong and this guy gonna live forever.

It’s a really deep, interesting look at him, wrestling and his future and just a lot of stories.

Does he talk about the WWE run at all?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Can anyone confirm if MJFs grandfather is actually dead? I still don't know.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1334896803389595659

MJF keeps kayfabe on his twitter but that feels real to me. I guess if you really wanted to, you could go look up obituaries, he said his name on Dynamite.

The end of this is what makes me not sure. Until that last paragraph I was on board with it being 100% a shoot, but I'm still expecting his grandfather to just show up on Dynamite in two weeks after reading it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Have Statlander play Trent while he's out and just pretend like nothing is different.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This Shida Abadon thing is absolute death IMO

Nope it's very fun and good.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Britt? Swole maybe?

Britt is in a program with Rosa, and didn't swole just challenge?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shida thinks she's turning into a zombie but it ends up that she just got tetanus.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Abadon is explicitly NOT supernatural.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oil! posted:

Zombie Demons are just a natural part of humanity.

She's not a zombie demon, she's an athlete who either uses it as a mind game or is insane and thinks she's a zombie demon. This is said usually multiple times every time she shows up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Same. I thought the entire purpose of the TNT Title was that it was defended on Dynamite every week (which is what Cody and I think Brodie did at least), but like someone else mentioned Darby could be nursing an injury.

Brodie didn't do and it even Cody didn't do it with the second run.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What the loving gently caress Jesus this is terrible gently caress

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dacap posted:

What the gently caress happened? Was it suicide? Did he have some weird complication from his injuries?

My mind went to the same places as well as the more obvious one with the state of the world right now, and I'm going to try to not speculate on any of it. I'm sure we'll get a cause sooner than later so probably best to just not think about that part right now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently's his wife posted on instagram that it was due to an illness. Just completely tragic.

gently caress everything. He was so fuckin young and talented. This makes how he had to spend the last five loving years before AEW even more maddening. He deserved to be a world champion, and to live a long life where he could retire with his health and be with his drat family. gently caress. gently caress.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'll always treasure seeing Wyatts vs Shield at elimination chamber live. He carried the entire Wyatt Family on his back as far as work rate went.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/iamjericho/status/1343035562299711488?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah you almost need to fully turn dark order at this point. There's no way they don't get face pops and Brodie chants every time they come out now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Can you even really keep them together now?

I think you do for at least a while, even if it's kind of the Brodie Lee tribute group for a bit. You can use the Hangman story to close it out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kid is looking remarkably well, considering.

Kids are tough.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJUR2b3JfYz/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

Should there even be a BTE episode tomorrow? :(

I assume it will be a tribute show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I wonder if he wears it Wednesday.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Weird website no one has ever heard of that has no author attached publishes bullshit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hope we get a second melt down and self banning. He can call us antifa this time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It being my post that led to this is the most proud I've ever been.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ItohRespectArmy posted:

its extremely distressing that people are already doing insane benoit style conspiracy theories about this and I wish the people posting them nothing but the very worst.

:hai:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lamuella posted:

It feels bad to bring up booking right now, and please let me know if I should shut up, but there's pretty much no way for the Dark Order not to be faces now, is there? It feels like they've been laying that long term groundwork anyway.

As mentioned, if this is too soon to discuss, please let me know

They're totally going to be faces now. There's no way they don't get Brodie chants every week for a while. Plus you can even continue the Hangman stuff. They were the one ones who were genuinely there for him, so he's there for them now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Y'all are crazy if you can't see that Anna is the obvious choice for the new Exalted One

If they're keeping it as a heel stable this would be an interesting way to take it. She's not great on the mic yet but have her use Uno as a mouthpiece.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

I felt the exact same way.

You were just waiting for Cody's comeback, and it never came. Just bulldozed completely by a monster, and then everything after was just perfect.

It was the same feeling as watching Cena get rocked by Lesnar, but a more interesting match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is Rowan under contract? Him showing up as a one off tribute would be nice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dacap posted:

I really hope Silver comes out in the mini-Brodie gear

It would be a great tribute, so same.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

You know, I'd always wondered if one day they were going to book the Dark Order across the whole card, and nobody would call attention to it until there was a dawning realization on commentary.

I've been saying this for months. I wish it happened under better circumstances.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DuhSal posted:

I kinda feel bad that V isn't in a match thou..

I bet he seconds TayJay to counter Kip.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cael posted:

(Below is a general comment, not continuing the Jericho specific vein)

I want a TV series called 'Light Side of the Ring' where it's the same production value, and episode 1 is on Brodie and it's entirely full of people complimenting how he's helped them and was an absolute rock solid wrester as well as human being his entire life and nothing negative is even said because there isn't any to say.

This show actually existed. It was called The Wrestlers, and got cancelled after one season because no one watched it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I assume that every match is going to be a fuckin barn burner.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

would be cool if some of his friends from wwe came by for the show, not sure how feasible that is given how vince is tho

maybe a pre-recorded video package from them would work.

Vince would rather kill his employees than let them appear on the competition. Raw didn't even do the ten bell salute and moment of silence for him.

If Rowan isn't under a no compete him showing up for a video message would be nice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jericho has a lot of faults but literally none of them are at all related to pro wrestling. I'm sure he'll not only be fine but great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There's been no word on it being cancelled or postponed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd be all for a character whose gimmick is "can drink things fast."

Team them up with Megabyte Ronnie.