Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Ehh, I think I’m over exposed stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

maybe try decreasing the aperture

Nice

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

The_Franz posted:

incidentally, the ddr museum in berlin is an interesting place to spend a couple of hours

You are not an ordinary museum!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

This Dave Winer guy might be on to something.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdequateEmily/status/1503672681018843138

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

akadajet posted:

work from home, close the shutters, and never go outside so it doesn’t matter

I don’t think that mass depression is the solution to our housing problems. Not directly at least.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

mediaphage posted:

people like to bitch about it but about the worst that mac is doing is preventing you from running unsigned apps without right clicking on them and hitting open ime

This is good. I wish Windows did this.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jimrosecircus1/status/1532374387487383552

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I do enjoy watching the suppurating and feathered bags of meat that fly above us.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

if the building takes care of custodial stuff you'd also need to count on them either not figuring it out or not caring to rat you out. fooling them seems like it'd basically be impossible. but maybe you could just say "hey don't clean it, i'll do it"

We had somebody try to live in the office for a few months. Not sure if they fooled staff or if staff noticed but just didn't call the "somebody is trying to live in the office" hotline.

tk fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 14, 2022

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ecyHanford/status/1576950209321451520

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

so many usernames

Nobody cares, you fungus farmer.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I'm a 10x dev so I can do the same thing in only 0.2 lines of code a day. If you need to write more than one line of code a week you probably hosed up somewhere.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

gently caress you im not watching ads

I’d rather watch ads than commit to a whole video.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Frequently chosen together: Burma, Myanmar

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Double points if there’s a nearby data file and console app that generates this code.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

yeah my next job, if i have a next job, will be somewhere where i find some non-tech centered company that needs a guy like me to do what needs to be done. Being the only programmer seems like a good gig.

I don’t think I could handle working for Elon though.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Hell yeah I used to love blindly typing in basic programs I didn’t understand.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

polyester concept posted:

I know a guy who works at a bar and he said that all the kids who turned drinking age during lockdown don’t know how to party. they all go to the bar really early like 7 pm and are shitfaced by 10 then are calling cabs/ubers home. nobody stays until close anymore lol
drat this sound awesome.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
How was that supposed to work? Isn’t that just a bunch of PR stuff or is there money involved?

“Oh, hey, since we’re sister cities now, could I borrow a few million? Don’t tell I’ll pay you back after my birthday.”

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Wait, are the like 10 rpi’s I have sitting in the garage worth marginally more than I paid for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

"shrimp king of alaska" is a wonderful title. i wish i were a shrimp king

Certainly cooler than “shrimp king of Kansas”.