Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I just found this out. I guess Something Awful is now a rap group?

I feel like maybe Jeffry should have run this by us, but seems like it's too late maybe.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

I’m the guy with the clown makeup and bucket of fried chicken.

Nice of Jeffrey to let me keep my posting persona.

pseudorandom

I'm the kind of serious/sad-looking guy in the center with the beard, blue jacket, and glasses.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
dudes like this are the best on social media because half the time it's relatable shitposting and half the time it's insane capslock promo mode for their SICKEST ALBUM RELEASE PARTY EVERRRRRR!!!!!! at their town's one bar and a horrorcore burlesque dancer with a c-section scar over at least one tattoo does a routine to Nightmare on My Street by the Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff.

she's the opening act but they bring her back on to get the audience pumped for the main act two hours after they were supposed to go on, but she wasn't prepared to do a second routine so she just does her same dance to Dream Warriors by Dokken.

crimes

FutonForensic

big "lovely ps2 fighting game" energy with that crew

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

dudes like this are the best on social media because half the time it's relatable shitposting and half the time it's insane capslock promo mode for their SICKEST ALBUM RELEASE PARTY EVERRRRRR!!!!!! at their town's one bar and a horrorcore burlesque dancer with a c-section scar over at least one tattoo does a routine to Nightmare on My Street by the Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff.

she's the opening act but they bring her back on to get the audience pumped for the main act two hours after they were supposed to go on, but she wasn't prepared to do a second routine so she just does her same dance to Dream Warriors by Dokken.

i should clarify two things
1) the dancer is either the sister or maybe cousin to one of the two performers (audience was unclear)
2) i got up on stage immediately after her and read some poems about being sad and in college

i was not invited to the after party

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
i forgot some details: everyone on the back of the album is a roleplay character held either by one of the two rappers or some of their friends in their posse, which is guaranteed to date back to elementary school. the characters are mentioned and named dropped in songs without explanation or context, because the universe these songs and characters take place in will actually be explained in the comic-book tie in, which, if it actually exists will be some extremely "learn to draw shonen manga" on loan from a library poo poo. if it doesn't actually exist in drawn form, the scripts for no less than thirty seven issues will be available for download on their ProBoards forums.

The people these characters are based on never show up in actual songs, because they know they can't rap. Any voicemails left by members of the posse are fair game however, especially if the voicemail contains accusations of money being owed, girlfriends being hosed, cars getting stolen, or the voicemail leaver died.

crimes

google THIS

I'm scythe-wielding Jesus in flannel and suspenders

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
invariably either the group is torn apart due to infighting or pissing matches with others in the horrorcore facebook community, or they are given their own tent at the gathering of the juggalos and become minor media icons among dispossessed ex-opie and anthony fans.

edit- one of the cats from one of these failed projects went on to get really occupy wall st-focused and for a while taught music production classes at a local youth center but they made him stop when it became apparent he had no idea how to use Audacity.

crimes

biosterous

i'm one of the three tvs showing jigsaw's face

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

I'm the guy who can't figure out how to wear a hockey mask

google THIS

Not sure if they were going for inverted perspective or a "tall people in the back" group photo feel

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
only two middle fingers raised feels low

crimes

google THIS

It was nice of the folks at WikiHow to do their album artwork though

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

It was nice of the folks at WikiHow to do their album artwork though

Real recognize real

Finger Prince

I'm boombox bluehair Solid Fett.

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
I can't even rap.. :(

Prof. Crocodile

Fredrik1 posted:

judging by what I’ve seen so far, I don’t think that’s going to be a problem.

deep dish peat moss

we all missed the most important part, the feature spot by none other than D12

Does anyone else remember when D12 got a song about doing and loving drugs played on repeat on MTV for a year straight by changing the word "pills" to "hills"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuq6HgKgEFQ

deep dish peat moss

Wait.

Bizarre is in D-12

The album in the OP, by Bizarre and Fury, features a feature spot by Bizarre.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I want to hear Something Awful

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I'm imagine rap core backyard rasslin rhymes with 20 white mcs and one hesitant black dude

Riotgrrill

Fredrik1 posted:

- lead singer of anthrax

Riotgrrill

i mean it's true but he tried :)

Escape From Noise

I somehow knew Bizarre was in D12 despite my brother being all into them or whatever

Riotgrrill

do not pursue this rap, it will only end in tears.

Riotgrrill fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 31, 2020

Prof. Crocodile

bizzy bone is also featured. no way to tell if he harmonizes with anything but I think we should assume he does.

pseudorandom

prepuce repurposed posted:

I want to hear Something Awful

I listened to 6 or so of the songs on that album. It is actually something awful. The songs sound fine, but if you listen to the lyrics, they're pretty gratuitous, like they're trying to one-up the edginess every other rap song in existence.

Like, two songs included the phrase "full blown AIDS", and I'm pretty sure one had the lyrics "gently caress her in the rear end if she's underage".

The first minute and 20 seconds of "I'm Crazy" is decent, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs4x9ZWb41o

Heather Papps

hello friend

i must know more about boombox boba fett

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

pseudorandom posted:

Like, two songs included the phrase "full blown AIDS"

That's like true vintage Something Awful dot com right there

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
The future of Something Awful is as a dog park, not a rap group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

google THIS posted:

That's like true vintage Something Awful dot com right there

Pure nu-metal era edgelord energy, right down to the goatees.