Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Imagine being married for 20+ years and still being so completely insecure with your spouse.

Hel posted:

I assume the extra drop is why her legs didn't turn green. But also it's just a fat joke, big woman needs some extra formula, even if it wouldn't work that way since it's a bathtub anyway.

The strip said that she didn’t turn green because she went outside when it was raining instead of sunny. The stuff was affected by the level of UV light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Yesss, goooood.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

davidspackage posted:

I'm not a fan of the Tinkersons' art, but what is that hat on his boss supposed to be? I feel like it's a 10 gallon cowboy hat, but without a brim.

It's a tooth 10-Gallon Hat or a Stetson.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Geez Buck. Didn't even get out of the parking lot before stuffing your face.

I bet he wrecks his classic car.

My diabetic father in law still keeps bowls of candy around his house and loves to eat swedish fish by the handful in between meals of pasta and beer. The guy is too stubborn and fatalistic to actually eat healthier. So this little arc is basically real for me.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

SubNat posted:

Yes, the story is that the entire crew was selected through an insane amount of nepotism, where the entire crew consist exclusively of the commander's nearest friends and family, most of them without any kind of scientific background.
So of course they're friendly with the chief medical officer, they're probably great friends.

Imagine being some of the astronauts in this world, having gone through decades of study, training, and exercise. And you're told that oh no, none of you are going on the first manned expedition to a different planet, but some kids are.
'Sorry, while you are eminently qualified to be one of the 'pilots', due to a decade flying experimental aircraft, and multiple trips to the ISS, the slot is already taken by the commander's husband. '
'What are his qualifications, I've never heard of him before?'
'He's a minor league basketballer, and before you ask, no, he has zero relevant experience.'

Don't forget that the Medical Officer and the Granddaughter are the same person, because time travel.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I don't think I like this narrator-with-personality we get sometimes in this strip.

I'm reading it in Boris Karloff's voice and it's been great.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

There are so many ways that this could go wrong.

A Storage Shed! I'll squat in it! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell (May 31 - June 4, 1999)

1. Toilet seat jokes were ancient even in 1999.
2. Kell screaming curses at Kevin feels so loving weird.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Tinkersons really feels like Good Simpsons-level humor when it hits right. Like that strip with the guy getting fired and screaming silently in the parking lot. That’s good poo poo.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Ah, a rare A&J that's specifically about Not Fuckin.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmPEjuVKdyU It's uncanny.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I was not expecting a CBT joke in K&K but here we are.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The T stands for Touchdown.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Hate to break it to you but you do know what "wanting more" is right?

Yes. They shared an intimate hug, and then did not bone down. He left her wanting more.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (June 7, 1951)

God this strip is so insufferable.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

Foobhaha child abuse :smith:

It's kinda weird when Foob comes at you with omniscient narration.

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (June 14, 1951)

:laffo: at the old timey man just saying "NASTY!"

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 8, 2021

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That egg looks scrambled.

Also, fuuuuuck both parents in Foob in this latest strip.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Aug. 29, 1943)

Those two Norsemen are so happy!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Doomykins posted:

Is mentioned in the last comic where cat dude and his gal are watching the kid, the dad and mom are super successful and constantly on business trips because of it. I wonder if hermit dad is in a small ironic hell because of it.

One of the last time we saw Heimo, he was bemoaning his and his wife’s success because it felt soulless and hollow, and he wished that he could have a simpler life. One of the constant handyman-type guys basically told him that he shouldn’t complain about his good fortune when other people in town were struggling. Then Heimo spotted him some money.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (June 28, 1951)

WHISKEY
SOURS

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

So have Rudy and Fiona just never had sex before in K&K? Is Holbrook also a secret abstinence guy?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Kids are way smarter than people think. :smith:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The shepherd, who has a whole flock of black sheep, is himself of nonstandard appearance and bearing. They are of a pair, the shepherd and his flock.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

Homebodies - 1952

These two took me a second to get but they are fabulous.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Haulin Oates posted:

I was playing around on Google, and why has no one mentioned that Richard Thompson came to the forums to thank people for their support?! Wow!

The realizations that
1. This happened 9 years ago.
2. I forgot it happened despite replying literally 2 posts down from Thompson.

This has shaken me to my core.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

A random path would be even harder to follow!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

maltesh posted:

"jup bIpIv'a'" translates to "Are you good friends", according to translator.eu

I searched the phrase, and it looks like bIpIv'a' at least would be "How are you?"

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The only thing I remember about Chad Zits is there there was definitely a Older Brother's Shoe is Comically Large gag at least once.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (August 30, 1951)

Those poor white kids. How terrible for them. The Injustice.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

I hate this horrible goblin teen. Called himself a punk back when he was a little kid and never really moved anywhere past that. This is worst thing by far, of course.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mikl posted:

Just for the record, there is no island called Asiago in Italy. There is a city called Asiago, but it's in the north, all the way on the opposite side of the country. (And it lends its name to a pretty good cheese.)

Classic Kevin & Kell (September 27 - October 1, 1999)

Finally, a positive portrayal of sex work on the funny pages.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

:yikes:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I am pretty sure that’s wheat, Axa. Not corn.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

catlord posted:

Whaaaat? Bad poo poo happening? In Paradise? Absurd!

Yes, but that would also require her to not rip up all the clothes she's wearing at the slightest of inconveniences. As for wheat/corn, the Brits went a very long time not knowing about maize (from what I understand, and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but 'corn' has a long history as a word, but a short one meaning specifically what we think of as corn nowadays, which was a New World plant).

Edit: Actually, here:

[interesting corn facts]

I feel like the fact that Axa was created 1978 does not jive with historical British Corn-Blindness.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (September 27, 1951)

The husband in the second panel has undiagnosed depression, and that's sad.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Nov. 21, 1943)

Some incredible faces in this page.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

If your magic DNA potions work by simply drinking them, and you presumably created this one from the mermaid's previous DNA sample, then why wouldn't it still transform her? Nothing makes sense and I'm getting mad.

Also I keep thinking that John Arbuckle's hell would be as a side character in this comic strip.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Even if Luann is going off to see Tara (and she totally is), so what, Bernice? Who died and made you Luann's mom?

In the hands of better writers, I could see this storyline actually being very relatable. Bernice loses her RA job and moves in with her Best Friend from childhood. Jealousy starts to set in as Bernice struggles to reconcile the facts that she and Luann really aren’t close anymore and that she doesn’t have the social circles that Luann does.

Unfortunately we have Evans.

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (October 4, 1951)

I love how completely wrong and rose-colored this strip gets on stuff like this. City streets have always been a menace.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kid Fenris posted:

For example, I really didn't expect Sulo's story about murdering someone to be framed with an almost comical depiction of the victim. It's like an Everett True strip with actual consequences.

Thanks for bringing us Mammila, by the way. It's great, and I never would have known about it if wasn't for your posts.

Is that comical? I found it grotesque. The author/artist is very good at caricature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

It's another "Displaced In Time" gag. The man is in oldfashioned clothes and is asking the gimmick Horse Carriage Ride For Tourists to drive him like it's a modern cab.