Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

Anyone want to bet an avatar change on if we're getting a howard the duck disney+ special before the end of the decade?

Will I still be posting in 2031?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You fuckin idiots you think the Mouse is just gonna leave him as a cameo? Strap in, fuckos, we're getting a Duckaverse. Howard is gonna join forces with Donald, and Scrooge, and Gizmo Duck and Darkwing Duck and it's just gonna be ducks everywhere

Only on Disney plus. For 1000 dollars. A day.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

write "jack" on one of your enormous dildos

if you don't have one, buy one

If you try one in the store, they just let you keep them

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I love a good MST3K-style riff-fest.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

write "jack" on one of your enormous dildos

if you don't have one, buy one

If you try one in the store, they just let you keep them

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
drat I want to gently caress that plank of wood so much but I can't afford it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the plank

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/1380255586592423939?s=20

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If I wanted to read 6000 words about how stupid someone is, I would simply click on the justice league thread. Or, insert your own forums based joke. Cheers

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

(Watching the kickstarter video, though, and I gotta say: Jonah Heston has gotten hot during quarantine.)

LanceHunter posted:

Really, though, I think we're skipping over the most important topic here: Jonah is looking good now-a-days.

What?

That is certainly a LOT of words about Space Cop

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

If I wanted to read 6000 words about how stupid someone is, I would simply click on the justice league thread. Or, insert your own forums based joke. Cheers

your post history is always a good place to start :grin:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Even the people who made Space Cop hate Space Cop

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
But what about Uganda

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

when do we get the plinkett review of space cop?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tip posted:

when do we get the plinkett review of space cop?

Space Cop was the most disappointing thing after my son

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
A plinkett review but mike using his terrible terrible 1920s cop voice instead

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Endless Trash posted:

I got to see their live riff of Reefer Madness in person! It was so cool! All the guys were there along with SA bigwig Rich “Lowtax” Kya....oh gently caress never mind.

There goes another good anecdote :(

Did you meet up at stone brewery before hand cause we probably hung out that night.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna read 6,000 words on Space Cop.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Meat Wagon posted:

A plinkett review but mike using his terrible terrible 1920s cop voice instead

Delete this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose Oquendo posted:

I just watched the '86 movie and it's so bad it's good. Not sure how to improve on that.

what half in the bag has officer rich evans going "im on the howard the duck planet"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what half in the bag has officer rich evans going "im on the howard the duck planet"

must've been the robocop remake or the one right after it since the gag was a bait and switch

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Did you meet up at stone brewery before hand cause we probably hung out that night.

We tried going after the show I think? But we couldn’t find anyone so we bailed and went home and smoked weed. Seemed more appropriate anyway.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I think they could have made a great movie. Instead, they made Space Cop.

Maybe that’s the film’s best joke.

and that's 6,000 words poorly spent

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
"jonah heston has gotten hot" and "jonah is looking good"?

I'm pretty sure I used more salacious language to describe godzilla

that's what prompted you to say "shut the gently caress up about how you want to bone the host, I hope you're getting paid for this poo poo, no one thinks it's cool"?

there's nothing weird about noticing somebody got hot and saying so
jay bauman got hot like 8 years ago and we never stopped talking about it
in fact, the phrase "jay's cummies" appears in this thread more often than "jay bauman"

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Some people just can't handle the truth.

Reality Protester posted:

I think they could have made a great movie. Instead, they made Space Cop.

Maybe that’s the film’s best joke.

and that's 6,000 words poorly spent

I do think the RLM crew could make a great movie, but I also think it would basically mean putting every other project on hiatus for a year or so while they work on it. Making a movie is difficult at the best of times. Making a movie when you've got a day job is even harder.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
im watching the extended edition of the lotr movies and gently caress me they are great

is there any behind the scene doc about the movies? something like never sleeps again for the noes movies or dangerous days for blade runner?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

im watching the extended edition of the lotr movies and gently caress me they are great

is there any behind the scene doc about the movies? something like never sleeps again for the noes movies or dangerous days for blade runner?

The LOTR Extended Edition DVD/Blurays have like THE gold standard behind the scenes docs. The hobbit ones are almost better because the production was so much worse

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I upgraded my LOTRs from DVDs to UHD and I still kept the dvds because the included documentaries are so loving good

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

Some people just can't handle the truth.

I do think the RLM crew could make a great movie, but I also think it would basically mean putting every other project on hiatus for a year or so while they work on it. Making a movie is difficult at the best of times. Making a movie when you've got a day job is even harder.

also if mike hires someone to edit his scripts for him

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I get the sense jay is done, he will never work on another movie. Mike and rich will probably get the bug again eventually

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

poisonpill posted:

Delete this.

Allllllll RLM content in Mikes 1920s cop voice

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

meh tell jay it’s one of his pervert films and he’ll be all aboard

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

BOTW #100 is filming tomorrow.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mallratcal posted:

BOTW #100 is filming tomorrow.

Finally, the nukie fakeout we've all been waiting for.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

No Mods No Masters posted:

I get the sense jay is done, he will never work on another movie. Mike and rich will probably get the bug again eventually

Now there's nothing to hold them back!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Meat Wagon posted:

Allllllll RLM content in Mikes 1920s cop voice

You absolute monster

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
mike's cop accent is a pretty good shorthand for why rlm will never make a good movie- they'll always choose making a knowing failure over actually trying their best and potentially coming up short

he didn't think it was good, but better to be intentionally bad and let that be the joke than to try to be good and fail

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Finally, the nukie fakeout we've all been waiting for.

Because this is what we are all anticipating they should actually watch nukie and give us the double swerve.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LanceHunter posted:

I do think the RLM crew could make a great movie

I don't. I think they're way too self aware to make anything that isn't winking at the audience every scene.

Cubone posted:

mike's cop accent is a pretty good shorthand for why rlm will never make a good movie- they'll always choose making a knowing failure over actually trying their best and potentially coming up short

he didn't think it was good, but better to be intentionally bad and let that be the joke than to try to be good and fail

Basically this.

I liked Space Cop too, it wasn't good, but it was a fun send up of all the movies they watch on BOTW.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Space cop is absolute loving crap