Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

super sweet best pal posted:

Film the actors reading the script in the meeting room, act like this is the first time it's ever been done like they pretended Black Panther was Marvel's first black superhero movie when the Blade trilogy already existed.

Have you forgotten Steel or Blank Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

luchajones posted:

I was limiting it to Marvel

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

CUT TO: VISION, speaking directly to camera in interview format.
VISION: I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ups_rail posted:

I miss kobe tai.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Psycho goreman was actually pretty good

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Phi230 posted:

Psycho goreman was actually pretty good

Everyone thinks this except for Mike S.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Another Kid Detective watcher, another definite recommend. Grim.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
the first black superhero was Blacula

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hey guys first time poster long time lurker just here to say I think I usually respect the gang’s critiques but obviously this time they just recommended Kid Detective because Adam Brody is Jewish and mike and jay are running low on child brain juice to make them live forever so they needed to plug it so they’d get more Brody brain juice

Questions, comments?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
BREAKING: Endless Trash has been fired from his planned Star Wars HBO Peacock+ solo series

UPDATE: Ben Shapiro has reached out to

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

luchajones posted:

Bonaventure posted:

the first black superhero was Blacula
I'm trying to make a Black Cougar joke but I can't think of one someone help

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Endless Trash posted:

Hey guys first time poster long time lurker just here to say I think I usually respect the gang’s critiques but obviously this time they just recommended Kid Detective because Adam Brody is Jewish and mike and jay are running low on child brain juice to make them live forever so they needed to plug it so they’d get more Brody brain juice

Questions, comments?

Gina?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

putting this in our hallowed opening post

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Has anyone watched that cursed Sia film "Music" that is getting the autistic community really (justifiably, it seems) mad?

It sounds absolutely horrible like to a trainwreck degree. I wonder if the boys will take it on. Probably not, definitely could be a trap.

Also:
https://twitter.com/autisticats/status/1360337999792398336

yikes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I saw a clip earlier and it's straight up Simple Jack.

https://twitter.com/UweBollocks/status/1360643422873354244?s=20

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 13, 2021

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

A little Gina, a little Promising Young Woman guy, a synthesis if you will

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the most remarkable thing about this whole gina controversy is, for someone who apparently made such a denigrating social media post about jewish people that the mouse had to give her the boot (according to disney sources anyway), that she landed a new job within 24 hrs via a very, very, very proudly orthodox jewish man

politics makes for some strange bedfellows, man

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
ben shaprio is a fascist that hides behind his jewish heritage

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

They should cancel Mel Brooks for all his Jewish jokes!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so you're saying he puts the nazi back in ashkenazi, eh

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Groovelord Neato posted:

I saw a clip earlier and it's straight up Simple Jack.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

delete that please

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Enlarge that please

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Enhance!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

dundun posted:

The first 3 episodes of WandaVision was pretty good since you get a feeling everything is slightly off during the sitcom stuff, along with a few scenes of weirdness mixed in, almost like a "Too Many Cooks" vibe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Then they introduced agent "Rambo" and generic rear end in a top hat army dude and everything got a lot less interesting. It's still pretty much the only thing to watch on Disney+ and the episodes are short enough to keep you engaged so its a 8/10.

The problem is that the generic rear end in a top hat army dude is in the right. It doesn't matter that Wanda is sad about Vision's death. That doesn't give her right to hold an entire town hostage, while tormenting them. She does need to be stopped.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Silent Hill Media.
Thats the face you pull when Richevanshead is chasing you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All the canceled actors should get together and make a movie. Force some competition on Hollywood.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The problem is that the generic rear end in a top hat army dude is in the right. It doesn't matter that Wanda is sad about Vision's death. That doesn't give her right to hold an entire town hostage, while tormenting them. She does need to be stopped.

yes, but have you considered the following:

quote:

Narrowing this down, the ‘cult’ is very specifically one of fandom, and 'sacrifice’ is presented in terms of devotion to (and ersatz affiliation with) a media franchise.

The film symptomatically presents the conflict as one between sheer totalitarian brainwash and “the free market of ideas” - in the literal sense that people purchase and consume speech. No gray between.

Consider how the ending celebrates the multitude of opinions presented on cable news, but not the content of those opinions. It’s “Fair and Balanced”. Consider how Loki is essentially spotted by a Youtuber, brought to you by Google. The wireless camera trick is social networking taken to a logical extreme, and the content of that network is Marvel® character Loki™. By making your own videos about The Avengers, you are making The Avengers stronger, right? Maybe they’ll give you a reach-around.

The meta-franchise reading is well-supported by the text. In a continuation of Captain America and Iron Man 2, these characters are not only superheroes but brand names, with diegetic lines of merchandising. You wonder if they’ll ever broach the topic of whether Steve Rogers gets residuals for his likeness appearing everywhere.

As noted before, the film is celebrating the way that fans 'participate’ in a franchise by generating content for it. This logic is applied to the role of social networking in the augmentation of a surveillance society, of evangelism in augmenting a church, and it’s pushed to an extreme with Coulson’s baseball cards. Coulson inserts himself into the Captain America franchise in every sense.

So what is to be sacrificed? Obviously Marvel doesn’t want real-world fans to literally die in the service of The Avengers, as Coulson does. But they can sacrifice their money on merch, and their free time on viral marketing. They can contribute to its record-breaking grosses. In return, they get sequels to every film, and a chance to 'turn off [your] brain via popcorn fun’.

This is all extra troublesome, since the sole alternative presented by the film is rape.

Marvel is simply carrying out the same manifesto they've had since Avengers 2012. Regular people are nothing, and in fact utterly disposable, in the orbit of these Brands™.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

When are they gonna make more Gamera movies? Hell, make Godzilla vs Kong vs Gamera.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Taintrunner posted:

yes, but have you considered the following:

Marvel is simply carrying out the same manifesto they've had since Avengers 2012. Regular people are nothing, and in fact utterly disposable, in the orbit of these Brands™.

That was always the case with superheroes even before the Disney ownership/movies were a thing. Comics have villains that mass murdered people get redemption without any real consequences because they became friends with a superhero and helped them out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AWFULfanPOSTERS/status/1359989183956279298?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ollymoss.png

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

She's also the one who got conned into selling her music via some cryptocurrency service. I say "conned" because presumably someone convinced her that it was a good idea and would make money. It could have been her own idea though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

gooby pls posted:

Joe Bob showed the gore cut of Tammy and the T-Rex on Shudder last night and oh my lord.

I know the guys did a BOTW with the family friendly recut but the r rated version and the story behind it is truly something else.

https://youtu.be/t4pJL1eAh00

https://collider.com/tammy-and-the-t-rex-paul-walker-denise-richards/

Watched this last night too, that poo poo was a trip.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Strange considering how easy it is for him to hide behind things

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

https://youtu.be/u-ypIybgk3g

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

AHH F/UGH posted:

Strange considering how easy it is for him to hide behind things

I wish i could hide behind things

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I saw the R rated cut of Tammy and the Trex and while I haven’t seen the edited version to compare, the R rated version was a lot of fun. It managed to somehow be “bad comedy on purpose” and wound up being good instead of a nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I only saw the gore cut. Didnt really enjoy it.