Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

anyone watch that WWII gremlin movie? could be a laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

why not just have Luke show up? like what's so bad about that?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tip posted:

It's a brisk 80 minutes and looks like it could be fun, plus Chloë Grace Moretz is usually good.

It is a Max Landis movie though... so... :filez:

i probably should've looked up who that was after watching it. ugh

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ugh wonder woman. who gives a gently caress? do the mando s2

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

in a way it could be a good thing for the show that she's so passionate about flying or whatever?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RickRogers posted:

Makes sense, as long as she can translate that to people who don't care much about flying?
I didn't care about wonder woman before and now....oh

presumably Rogue Squadron will be about flying though

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Galewolf posted:

I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!

Anakin Skywalker, legendary space fighter pilot.

i'm hoping that because she appears to be passionate and take flying seriously she will lean more into the OT/Rogue One/Mando style and not the jokey/meme stuff

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I think a director who was passionate about competent story telling would be a better fit.

or even better: willing to just copy the mando

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Literally no one remembers anything about Avatar.

I'm trying to think about why people would want to live in that world, like wasn't there a war or something

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

IIRC the only human who died was Michelle Rodriguez because Cameron has a fetish for latina self-sacrifice (Vasquez).

all i remember is her saying that she didn't sign up for this poo poo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

and the old white guy was in Terra Nova

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

priznat posted:

Stephen Lang is cool, he was in both Manhunter (as flaming wheelchair man) and Tombstone as Ike Clanton. Two of my all-time favourite films!

Apparently he is back for the Avatar sequels but, didn’t his character die? Laff who cares

I loved him in terra nova, might have to watch those two as well

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

are they cats? I thought they were like lizards or something?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My brother has just started watching HITB

i mostly skipped them

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

where is the content

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the last season of GoT is borderline unwatchable and i didn't even mind the stuff before that one even though it was clearly being rushed

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

S08E03 is LITERALLY unwatchable, as in you can't watch it because they colour graded it so poorly.

Like CMON

that was probably the worst episode right? the dothraki cavalry charge into the darkness away from the castle, all the characters being in mortal peril but are saved off camera, arya

but then again later episodes have the dothraki back and apparently fine? and the dragon getting sniped from a loving crossbow ON A BOAT. god drat that season was so bad, i remember before it aired there were several 'leaks' that were terrible but all of them were better than what we got

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

GoT was sacrificed to spare us from their Star Wars which yeah probably would've been an actual nightmare

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

So I just finished watching S1 of spartacus and i thought the episode where Sura gets delivered to the villa was the final episode of season 1 and season 2 was the fallout of that whoops.

anyway spartacus s1 is really good but you could notice they were running out of money in the titty budget by the end

that's one of my favourite shows and i can still remember watching the s1 season finale for the first time. i was absolutely wrecked and it blew my mind.

it's a drat shame what happened to Andy, the guy had real talent and was really chill

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

the fanbase turned on nerd crew and whine about it now

wait what? that poo poo was hilarious

also that seems like a sign that i should really get around to watching Babylon 5 already

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Few days ago someone reuploded the diamond cobra vs white fox. Anyone who missed this banger should check it out before it’s gone again

https://youtu.be/r_8YZJOgEns

oo thanks. 2 new episodes to watch!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i laughed a fair bit. no thoughts or opinions on the state of the cast

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I read the wikis for death wish and what a mess. the main guy loses like 5+ loved ones to criminals

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

IDK how this idea even got started that Mandalorian is going to retcon the sequel trilogy. Yeah ok, Luke showed up, but there isn't anything beyond that which couldn't be explained away with one line of dialog. Which tends to be the show's way of dealing with canon in general -- once in a while a character will say "the empire blah blah blah" and that's it.

Imagine getting this worked up about something which, at most, will probably be resolved by someone simply saying "Grogu escaped by using the Force"

getting worked up about star wars is what we do, like that time we got a minute of cgi luke

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

colonelwest posted:

Man I used to love those old EU novels as a kid, even the Yuuzan Vong ones, but after that I gave up on them.

yeah i liked most of the new jedi order series, some pretty insane stuff happens during it like coruscant, all the different factions, character deaths, and it really did feel like the galaxy was actually at war. it was much better than both the PT and ST

not sure about what happened after that, never read any of the books, but it did sound pretty dumb from what i remember. like they could've used that time to explore the aftermath from the war, the vong integrating into the galaxy etc but instead it's another huge war for some reason?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Oh and of course, can’t not post this

they should've just said they were a ghost fleet summoned by someone. that would've made more sense

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

that star wars facts twitter is loving insane

also features a lot of marvel for some reason

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the rlm video where they talk about vaders suit is incredible

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i watched The Blob for the first time due to their video and it's actually really impressive how terrifying they portrayed the monster instead of it just being a joke or cheesiness

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

why the heck are they not doing tenant?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

oh poo poo, they actually made a proper film

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

PYW was alright

PG was amazing, i want to watch more of it

Space Cop is alright, overall it's funnier than PYW so far

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm watching psycho goreman tonight, the half in the bag sold me on it

it's great. best film in ages imo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Monster Hunter was good

If you like boring and bad movies

yeah, very disappointing. at least the resident evil movies are amusing

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

luchajones posted:

So far I saw an anus mouth, Picard had a terrible fight and some orange man floated a bit. Dune is so riveting!

don't forget the energy shield

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I think the Snyder cut is going to be good.

:same: but i always have pretty low expectations for these sorts of things. also i can't remember the original one, was Joker even in it? no idea

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

be careful if you choose to binge botw, the constant extremely loud laughter could cause you damage

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

alright this thread might be correct about snyder

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

please be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

gently caress yeah, Space Truckers rules.

it really does