Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

waah posted:

I just wanna have a post on the first page of this thread.

Happy new year TFF

:same: & :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

C-Euro posted:

Ground floor of a new year.

Let's hear those New Year's resolutions people.

Mine for last year were to try and get a better job which will hopefully let me get out of the too-small place I've been sharing with various family members for over a decade. COVID primarily hosed that up last year, so here I go again. :shrug:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

I had a real physical reaction to this. A full body rage.

For a palate cleanser, here is my good rear end cake.

:bisonyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Distinct lack of shitposting and posting while making GBS threads on that list. Also GDT insanity.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

Hot seat War In The Pacific: Admiral's Edition

I’m watching Grey Hunter do his third day-by-day play through of that thing and it loving boggles my mind. And I say this as someone who loves some grog insane war games.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

I wish the GA Sec would've just said, "You lost, Mr President."

:same:

Bird in a Blender posted:

I can’t wait for January 21st.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

or they went in the middle of summer and didn't plan any FastPasses, or they went at Christmas (absolute busiest time of the year)

When is the slowest time of the year now nowadays? I live in Florida and for a good decade we were going 3-5 times a year but I’ve only been like twice since 2008, and for whatever reason I remember it being said that the first weeks of December were the least crowded time. I know that was one of our regular trips every year because the weather was likely to be mildly better (Compared to South Florida, mind you) and not a billion and humid.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

Covid has hosed everything right up, but these days there's no real slow time at Disney. You can find times when it's not as busy, but there's never a time when it's like dead. The beginning of Dec is a pretty good time to go, as is the week after Labor Day. There's a good sweet spot in January too if you can time it between the marathons and cheer tournaments. But a good rule of thumb is that if school's out, Disney is packed.

Heh, it's funny cause historically, those are three of the times of year we regularly went as well, plus intentionally going while school wasn't out. The only busy time we regularly went was the end of May because that's when my birthday is, but back in the day it was also when MGM had Star Wars Weekends. I still have a shirt from 2007 with Mickey in an X-wing pilot uniform, which became pretty funny after Disney bought the franchise years later.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 6, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

Star Wars Weekends were awesome. I hope they bring them back some day now that they have a whole land.

They were. I got to meet a bunch of actors (Namely Peter Mayhew who was awesome, and Kenny Baker) and they did all sorts of cool stuff. When they still had the Who Want's To Be a Millionaire, they'd make it all Star Wars questions which was hilarious. We saw some kid actually win the top prize (I think a Disney Cruise trip for his family) by correctly naming the ballet Anakin and Palpatine are watching during Revenge of the Sith. It's Squid Lake, and I think that's mentioned exactly once in the novelization

As an aside, going the week after Labor Day always gets me cause we did that semi regularly as well. One year we went for the weekend and almost stayed an extra day, but decided against and checked out as we originally planned on September 10th, 2001 :911:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I am super loving curious what Mike Pence is going to do after this. He doesn't have the charisma for...anything, but I guess Fox could have him on to just nod listening to hosts and politely agreeing with the same vitriol he has for the last four years.

Mr. Hands 2: Pent Up Pence

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
It’s been a while, but gently caress the racist rear end police.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I picked the wrong day to be working and listening to really ominous sounding King Crimson albums while all this poo poo is happening on the news.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I will say that I appreciate the lot of you goons here providing the updates for those of us who can’t get them anywhere else (Easily) while working at the moment.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m extremely tired of living in “interesting” times.

EDIT: I am not clicking those, but I assume it’s the person with the chest wound.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Can we please call them terrorists and not protestors

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m getting a migraine but I’m off the next 5 days so I’m still working and now listening to much less ominous music in Thin Lizzy.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Would it be “protesting” if I occupied the Pro Football Hall of Fame and demanded they induct Don Coryell?

Jk I ain’t going to loving Ohio if I can help it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Hadn't noticed the door boys were all at go time:

I’m the Yoda figure.

EDIT:

nerve posted:

im the baby yoda

:goonsay: That’s Yoda, not Grogu.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Trump Treason Trial 2021 has a nice ring to it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

Following this poo poo on twitter is loving wild.

https://twitter.com/TaraReid/status/1346919119711580160?s=19

Tara Reid is still alive?!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Bring back Marty and it magically solves the entire country.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Fonz is cool again.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

gently caress YOUUUUU

:hai:

I tried to watch it and after 4 seconds his voice made me too angry.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m with the Fonz like it’s 1977.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress cops

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

nerve posted:

lol dude you talk like that in real life aw jeez

Spoeank being terminally online is not a new development.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

As a combo breaker if you have not witnessed the Heat's court and uniforms yet like I hadn't flip to ESPN for a minute and smile.

It’s the sleek, dazzling veneer of the 1980’s.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

the worst person you know makes a great point

https://twitter.com/andylevy/status/1346988742431666178

Has anybody gotten O.J.’s take on today?!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

420_Power_Rangers posted:

Thanks everybody for the condolences.

But yeah, given the day, it's probably good i had no idea. I remember one of the managers mentioning something at the capitol, but wasn't really listening.

Anyway, have some pictures of Blue

RIP good girl

drat, so sorry.

Everybody hug and pet their dogs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

Did the Awful app get an overhaul? I got a new phone and reinstalled it and it looks different now.

Android or iOS? I don't think the latter has been significantly altered in a while...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:hmmyes:

The times where I was miserable in my job but still not applying were always after putting together a half dozen applications complete with cover letter and not hearing anything back from any of them. So. Much. Wasted. Time.

Oh God, that poo poo kills me too. I spent all of 2018 and the first part of 2019 going through that and it was sickening when I'd submit sometimes 10-12 applications in a week and get either nothing, just automated replies, or more annoyingly stuff from recruiters for positions I absolutely was not interested in (Made worse by my personal life at the time, where I really needed a decent job ASAP). I've halfway started looking again this year, since my current job is okay but prospects of advancement are low and it'll probably never pay me enough to have the work/life balance I want, but even just putting in a few applications every week or two and not getting any responses again reminded me how much I loving hate the whole process...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oh poo poo, Donald used the hot tag.

Okay, this got me laughing irl

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Limbaugh is one of the few people who makes me want to yell “Go, cancer, go! Kill him, and painfully!” without the slightest trace of remorse. gently caress that guy.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Happy Birthday SB! It’s also my grandmothers birthday, so I’m going to assume you are also turning 94 today.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:bisonyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770

Always down to dome nazis, so cautiously optimistic.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

It's machine games, they'd have to rename so many nazi.pk files

They’ll go full McBain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kGtIJxAH3A

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

I like the “cracker uncle” contact name

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Ubisoft is making a Star Wars game headed by the people who make the Division.

I never played the Division, is this a potentially good thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I gotta up my posting numbers in 2021. I only had like the 14th most posts.

Those are rookie numbers

I’m the Ricky Proehl of posting: slow and white