Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Q_res posted:

I tried the Bold a couple months ago, hoping it'd be similar to Vernor's and was deeply disappointed.

Vernor's is the best gingerale and it's not even close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

I can understand if it does it for you, but it has such a different taste that it almost feels wrong to me that they printed "ginger ale" on the can.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Actually, they don't. Vernor's has always been labeled as Ginger Soda.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

Twenty Four posted:

I can understand if it does it for you, but it has such a different taste that it almost feels wrong to me that they printed "ginger ale" on the can.

Q_res posted:

Actually, they don't. Vernor's has always been labeled as Ginger Soda.

As someone who never cared for Vernors but enjoys ginger ale, fair enough then and that makes sense!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
vernors and rum is godlike

so is reeds tho for sure

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Fever tree ginger beer is king. One year Bundaberg did a holiday seasonal blend with baking spice flavors added and it was wonderful. Picked up a bunch on discount after Christmas.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Derpies posted:

Here in the Utah we have soda shops that exist just to put more sugar and syrup in soda. It's mormon crack and loving disgusting.

if you deny yourself the small pleasures stronger perversions become manifest.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Derpies posted:

Here in the Utah we have soda shops that exist just to put more sugar and syrup in soda. It's mormon crack and loving disgusting.

makes sense that a poster obsessed with "tuggin" wears the magic undies. sicko. mods?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If you see a soda called Ting, I would suggest purchasing and drinking some.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Smythe posted:

makes sense that a poster obsessed with "tuggin" wears the magic undies. sicko. mods?

anyone else think his username should be changed to "tuggies"?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

If you see a soda called Ting, I would suggest purchasing and drinking some.

ting is loving epic

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

anyone else think his username should be changed to "tuggies"?

Seconded.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Without doubt the very best ginger product is Goslings ginger beer, component of the Dark ‘N Stormy cocktail. Honourable mention to Grace ginger beer from Jamaica.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Torquemada posted:

Without doubt the very best ginger product is Goslings ginger beer, component of the Dark ‘N Stormy cocktail. Honourable mention to Grace ginger beer from Jamaica.

I converted my son to ginger ale/beer with a can of Goslings. It is strongly and pungently gingery without going overboard. A real great flavor cocktail or not.

(I also love Dark 'N Stormies)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The only off putting things about Goslings are that it’s pretty hard to get hold of, and it’s the same price as actual beer (in the UK anyway).

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Pepis blue is back.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

It tastes exactly how I remember it too. I'm really trying not to drink soda, but drat this poo poo is good

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

For all my ginger soda drinkers, I submit Ale-8-One.

If you're ever passing through Kentucky, get this poo poo. I've also seen it in the regional/independent/unique soda section at Cracker Barrel, but I don't know if every store has it.

Also, I will loving fight you if you drink it out of anything but the green glass bottle. Ale-8-One from a plastic bottle, can or fountain is not Ale-8-One. Ale-8-One is served in a god damned green glass bottle.

Is it pronounced "ale, eight, one," or "a late one?" The bottles do say "A Late One," but I've never heard anyone call it "A Late One." It is loving ALE EIGHT ONE, but if you're ordering it at a restaurant, just say "I'll have an Ale-8."

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 19, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chief McHeath posted:

For all my ginger soda drinkers, I submit Ale-8-One.

If you're ever passing through Kentucky, get this poo poo. I've also seen it in the regional/independent/unique soda section at Cracker Barrel, but I don't know if every store has it.

Also, I will loving fight you if you drink it out of anything but the green glass bottle. Ale-8-One from a plastic bottle, can or fountain is not Ale-8-One. Ale-8-One is served in a god damned green glass bottle.

Is it pronounced "ale, eight, one," or "a late one?" The bottles do say "A Late One," but I've never heard anyone call it "A Late One." It is loving ALE EIGHT ONE, but if you're ordering it at a restaurant, just say "I'll have an Ale-8."

have to look for that one next time i go to the candy/soda speciality shop. and yeah, glass bottles will always be superior. my grandfather was the manager for a string of bars so he had a hook up for these glass bottle sodas to bring home and i'd always have glass bottle cokes and dr. peppers when i went over there.

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

have to look for that one next time i go to the candy/soda speciality shop. and yeah, glass bottles will always be superior. my grandfather was the manager for a string of bars so he had a hook up for these glass bottle sodas to bring home and i'd always have glass bottle cokes and dr. peppers when i went over there.

glass bottle dp is epic as gently caress

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Smythe posted:

glass bottle dp is epic as gently caress

Same for Cheerwine.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Dr pepper is best from a can. The slight metallic note cuts the sweetness in a beneficial manner.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Pepis blue is back.

Holy poo poo I actually liked that stuff.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Anonymous Robot posted:

Pepis blue is back.

I really want to clean out a Windex bottle and put some inside with a new/fresh sprayer nozzle thing, then spritz it into my mouth at work and offer "shots" to my coworkers.

There is a blue Fanta that is close in color but I haven't seen it around in a while.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

i found a 12 pack of blue fanta a couple years ago and couldn't believe it still existed. it was not very good, the mixed berry flavor tasted weird and chemically to me.

pepsi blue on the other hand is deeeeeelicious

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Jarritos owns pretty hard.

Jarritos grapefruit makes the best Palomas

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Why is the pepsi blue aftertaste vanilla :gonk:

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I like Blenheim ginger ale. Especially the hot variety with the red cap.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

The X-man cometh posted:

Jarritos grapefruit makes the best Palomas

I think you're right, but I still have a soft spot for the Graf's 50/50 & cheap Cuervo swill I drank by the gallon for years before I ever heard the word "Paloma".

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i wish rockstar made non-energy drink versions of their sodas because i absolutely love Tangerine Mango Guava Strawberry and wish i could drink it any time of day without having to worry about being able to get to sleep at night

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
rockstar's got some goodass flavors but it's for the best they have a tendency to discontinue the ones i like the most because i cannot handle energy drinks without spiralling into anxiety

rip rockstar boom you're the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

except of course for sunkist float soda which was also the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

they have a tendency to discontinue the ones i like

Monster seems to do this too. Or they just end up hard to find in certain markets. I can't find the pineapple one anymore.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

except of course for sunkist float soda which was also the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

never had that one but it looks truly dank.

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

sorry but it does not contain actual skim milk flattening out the soda and making it taste all weird and melted so it is not on the same level

i'll still drink a hundred given the opportunity

and actually i will; this place seems up my soda alley so i just put in an order for their 6 flavor sampler

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 27, 2021

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:tipshat: report back op I bet you love em all

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

WEH posted:

:tipshat: report back op I bet you love em all

yeah, i can get sprecher root beer and cream soda here but the rest of 'em are new to me so i went ahead and mail ordered a rootbeer-less variety pack. looking forward to the cherry cola too, i'm a cherry cola guy.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm a big Sprecher person. Puma Kola is one of my favorite colas and just about everything they make is good. I already have a box on the way that I ordered for the summer earlier this week.

They pop into stores here and there for a bit locally but they never stick which is too bad. The only part about not living in the hellscape that is the midwest that I regret is that I will never have a chance to try any of the seasonal flavors since they always sell out locally before they go online.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I recommend the no rootbeer variety pack on their website. I like the rootbeer but the variety pack with rootbeer is half rootbeer.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.