Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

The Voice of Labor posted:

shasta doped all their sodas with sucralose, rendering them undrinkable. I mourn that will never again have a tiki punch, but the local supermarkets have gone all out on stocking up jarritos in reasonably priced 1 1/2 liter bottles. I may mourn the loss of tiki punch, but I will do so with a glass of tamarind soda

This post made me check my cans: somehow they manage to stuff sucralose AND an extra 10 calories compared to a can of Coke™ (I'm a hummingbird IRL so this is important to me), but the cream soda is the same as it's been for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
It has become a tradition around the holidays to get together with some friends to have a soda-tasting party.

We mostly try for rare or regional sodas, but there are a few more popular brands too. Here are the separate results from the first two parties:

As you can see, the best soda in the world is Johnnie Ryan Black Cherry Soda.

The worst is a tie between Frostop Orange Cream (tasted like cleaning supplies) and O-Zell Pineapple Whip (which I had high hopes for because pineapple soda rocks, but it ended up being the most foul-tasting thing I've ever put in my mouth).

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Is ginger root beer ginger flavored root beer or just ginger beer, which is generally made with the root of the ginger plant?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Jenny Agutter posted:

Is ginger root beer ginger flavored root beer or just ginger beer, which is generally made with the root of the ginger plant?

In this case it tasted more like root beer than like any ginger beer I've had. It just had a ginger flavor.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:tipshat:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

another day i mourn vault's absence

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

A few years ago Monster had a soda that came in citrus and red, tasted suspiciously similar to both Vault flavors…

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

There was a semester or so in high school where one of the vending machines would spit out 2-3 bottles of vault if you paid with a Sacagawea dollar (which said machine would then redispense if you fed it a five to get change) and I still am shocked I didn’t give myself diabetes

I’ll also use this time to mourn sprite remix, the kings of non-caffeinated soda

WEH fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 27, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Plain 7 Up > any version of Sprite

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i miss the purple sprite remix, that was a good one. work cafeteria had that for a brief golden period.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Dokapon Findom posted:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Dokapon Findom posted:

7 up has sucked ever since they went "all natural". It's like how they ruined Butterfinger by making it taste more like actual peanut butter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

crazy talk

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I feel like most of the time a good gingerale does what any "lemon lime" soda does, but better

not that I specifically dislike either at all, but if I open the fridge and see both on the shelf, I know which one I am reaching for 95% of the time on the occasion that I want one

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Someone who lives with me left an unopened coke can in the freezer for two days :mad:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Could be worse, could have been a 16 oz glass bottle.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
staring like the cupcake dog as i remember how many motherfuckers would stash glass kombucha bottles in my freezers when i was managing a frozen department at whole foods

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

A friend sent me a photo of this and upon first glance I thought it was Dr. Pepper flavored creamer for coffee to which I thought, "Alright, that might be okay."

That is not what it is.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's a curse that the Mormons invented and foisted on the rest of us, i think through the medium of tiktok.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like the dirty soda.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"hey you know what this dang ol' sugar water ain't gettin' us fat fast enough i tell you what. what say we add cream and more sugar to this thing and really get those arteries cloggin'!"

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

"hey you know what this dang ol' sugar water ain't gettin' us fat fast enough i tell you what. what say we add cream and more sugar to this thing and really get those arteries cloggin'!"

I was summoned.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i drove past a place i had never heard of before today called "swig" and when i googled them, yeah, it was all this stuff. like a sonic drink menu through a tiktok lens, lots of adding half and half and creamer and syrups to sodas with a hilarious emphasis on them being diet sodas or zero sugar bases or just straight up water.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Rick posted:

I like the dirty soda.

Does it taste like a melted ice cream float? Because I'm 100% down for that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

pointlessone posted:

Does it taste like a melted ice cream float? Because I'm 100% down for that.

Yeah except with coconut ice cream.

I would not condone drinking this regularly, it's very sugary, but I have it as a treat with at least a week removed between uses so far.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Baja Point Blank Punch has a weird aftertaste while you're drinking it, but no aftertaste once you swallow. It's very jarring to have aftertaste mid-taste.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

StupidSexyMothman posted:

Baja Point Blank Punch has a weird aftertaste while you're drinking it, but no aftertaste once you swallow. It's very jarring to have aftertaste mid-taste.

Isn't that just... taste?

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

StupidSexyMothman posted:

what does this mean.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

....so i was going for "this tastes like other soda's aftertaste" but apparently using bad-tasting Dew to try to stay awake at 3am was a bad idea

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I thought it was funny :) :cheers:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
wtf is with the orange crush zero sugar being out of stock for the past couple months in the portland area. who do i have to write an angry letter to to get this resolved

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

michael stipe, former pop band frontman and current super villain and nemesis of soda stands atop the parapet of his fortress on mt tabor. looking over the town he smirks sinisterly and says I've got my spine, I've got your orange crush are you a bad enough dude to take it back from me?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i heard they changed up the fanta orange flavor, but it still taste to same to me

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

GateOfD posted:

i heard they changed up the fanta orange flavor, but it still taste to same to me

It's apparently a different formulation depending which country you live in (like basically every other soda)

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
One of these days I’d like to try some Irn Bru

And moxie

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Irj bru tastes like bubblegum.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Moxie tastes like Dr Pepper and toothpaste

I need to get more of it, I’m craving it now that you mention it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Anonymous Robot posted:

Irj bru tastes like bubblegum.

To me it tasted like sugared orange water. I've never had bubble gum that bad.

I bought a Vimto yesterday out of curiosity, found it in the World Foods aisle of my grocery store. We'll see how that goes.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

It is interesting how soft drinks are geared towards specific markets compared to other foodstuffs. Like I eat and enjoy food from all over the world, there's good and bad everywhere, but soda made for a non-North American palate is usually disgusting to me :shrug:

The exception being Melon Fanta which I'd only ever seen in Japan, but all their other drinks are gross- the one with the glass bead or whatever in the opening? And whatever that blue flavor is supposed to be? Hard pass.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea