Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Put a shot of rum/whiskey/bourbon/rye/etc. in a cup and 1 pump of vanilla. Add 12oz cola/root beer/Dr. Pepper/etc. Add lots of ice.

Don't try and get fancy. It's just fine with the normal stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

PinheadSlim posted:

one of many signs that someone is a mormon is that they willingly drink caffeine free pepsi

i've yet to see evidence that anyone else does

my nonreligious mom made us have caffeine free cola (name brand? lol you're barking up the wrong tree) or other soda flavor if we had any soda at all. at home at least

eating out, whether it was fast food or a sit down restaurant? giant glass of regular caffeinated soda, have seconds, whatever who cares

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
general soda chat: a grocer near me started stocking Antarctica Guarana soda and I bought a 12 pack because cool nonstandard soda flavor!!!

I was hoping it would taste like Bawls, which I haven't seen in person for a long-rear end time. It doesn't but it's pretty good. It has like half as much sugar as most name brand or store brand sodas, which I like. I don't feel the urge to drink a big glass of water right after drinking a can of it.

WITCHCRAFT Jr. says it tastes like cherry coke, and laughs until wheezing when I serve him one and say in a stern voice "You're going to Brazil"

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Why would you go for a "bold" ginger ale when you could be having ginger beer???

It is the superior ginger carbonated beverage.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Big Beef City posted:

Tamarind #1
Then lime, imo

But all are winners in God's eyes

Tamarind soda is bomb.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
has anyone seen the peeps pepsi in the wild? i have seen the advertisements all over the place but haven't run into it anywhere

i don't want any, it just seems weird for the ad to be so prominent and no product on the shelves

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

muscles like this! posted:

You couldn't actually buy it in stores. They were doing a social media giveaway.

well thats just silly

in other news, here is a game made by a bonafide soda expert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C40kq29Emn0

it is very weird and seems like the kind of thing that would be best enjoyed when you have accidentally overdosed on weed edibles

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Torquemada posted:

Without doubt the very best ginger product is Goslings ginger beer, component of the Dark ‘N Stormy cocktail. Honourable mention to Grace ginger beer from Jamaica.

I converted my son to ginger ale/beer with a can of Goslings. It is strongly and pungently gingery without going overboard. A real great flavor cocktail or not.

(I also love Dark 'N Stormies)

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Anonymous Robot posted:

Pepis blue is back.

I really want to clean out a Windex bottle and put some inside with a new/fresh sprayer nozzle thing, then spritz it into my mouth at work and offer "shots" to my coworkers.

There is a blue Fanta that is close in color but I haven't seen it around in a while.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I haven't seen a Bawls in the wild in more than 10 years. I should probably order some online, I remember really liking the flavor.

Anyone ever drink a Goya Malta?

It looks like beer but it's not. I heard it tastes kind of like drinking raisins???

My brain insists that it must be a refreshing summer beverage like iced barley tea. Because malt and barley are both the same category of food words.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Q_res posted:

I tried Malta Goya once, the only way I can think to describe the taste is "Malt liquor without the liquor".

oh no

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Crusty Nutsack posted:

In general, passion fruit is way, way more popular in Australia and the UK than in the us

Passion fruit is a great flavor, but drinks that contain passion fruit/passion fruit flavoring smell like animal piss. Like a dehydrated cat or racoon or something in heat took a nasty concentrated whizz in your drink.

I dislike hazelnut flavored coffee for the same reason. It tastes great, but it smells like rodent droppings.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Fartington Butts posted:

Pepsi has a new line of flavors called "Soda Shop". I've found Cream Soda and Black Cherry. The former was good, the latter is mediocre.

They use actual sugar so that's good I guess for death liquid.

Considering how meh I was about the Dr. Pepper & cream soda flavor, I don't even want to try the Pepsi cream soda.

It felt like the kind of thing you would make at one of those ~~~mix~~~ soda machines and it sounds good but actually it's just okay and you'd rather not have another one.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Rahu posted:

My local taco time got rid of their coke freestyle machine. I’m quite upset.

I haven't seen a freestyle machine since The Before Times.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Some of the gas stations around here have a flavor shot type thing on the soda fountains. So you can add a squirt of lemon/lime/cherry/vanilla to whatever regular soda you are getting. If they had a few more flavors (like someone above said, I would put ginger into hella drinks) it would be an... analog? version of a freestyle machine. That would be neat.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I still see Fresca on the shelves of most grocers. Polar has 1 liters of diet grapefruit, as well as diet dry orange and a half n half. one half is diet grapefruit I forget what the other half is, some kind of diet citrus. I buy their diet tonic water and have that with a slice of lime now and then. very refreshing, even (especially?) without the gin.

I don't think polar is a national brand but I've seen it in several parts of northeast US

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
they had crystal pepsi as a limited time flavor in... 2020 I think? It was pretty recent and I almost bought a couple for my brother when we were having a little party/help him move into the house he just bought. I ended up bringing a bottle of wine instead that was well received, but he would have appreciated the a e s t h e t i c of Crystal Pepsi.

postmodifier posted:

Polar is a Massachusetts company, it's super prevalent in the northeast but they did sign a distribution deal with Keurig last year to start rolling it out nationwide

It's really good seltzer, their manufacturing facilities are absolutely ridiculous and the line of flavors they make puts la croix to shame and a half

their orange vanilla seltzer is off the hook

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

oldskool posted:

you know how if you take a sip of what you think is water but turns out to be sprite, your brain does that "what the gently caress" reaction?

it's that.

its the actually (maybe?) true part of :biotruths:

you can develop very strong taste aversions if you eat something that gives you gastrointestinal illness. especially vomitting, but nausea, cramps and diarrhea work too

i think expecting one flavor but getting another trips that same alarm. your brain knows what this food item tastes like. you taste it, and it tastes wrong. not bad, not spoiled, not rotten. it's just the wrong flavor that your brain knows this food should have

so the part of your brain that interprets the sensation of taste is like "HOLD UP STOP THE PRESSES SOMETHING IS FUCKY. I KNOW WHAT THAT FOOD IS, BUT WHATEVER YOU ATE, IT AINT THAT FOOD. YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED. THIS A FALSE MOREL OR SOME FUCKER PUT EVIL DUST IN YO GLASS OF WINE. STOP. SPIT IT OUT."

It's a very good reflex to have from a survival perspective!!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

I bought one of these to test with the kid but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm guessing it's cinnamon candy hot (like Fireball whiskey), not hot pepper hot.

Either way it sounds vile. Can't wait to try it.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Finally cracked open the Flamin' Hot Mountain Dew that was lurking in my fridge for 3 months. Had people over for a BBQ and cajoled some of them into trying it.

I assumed it would be like "hot" cinnamon candy or Fireball liquor.

It was very mildly spicy. Reminded me of strong gingerbeer, but with some citrus flavor.

Not bad, not good. Way better than I was expecting, but I expected it to taste awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
!!! the current mountain dew energy drink line has a baja blast flavor now and I bought one and I am going to drink it!!!

its the one with a lion on the front

because when i think mountain dew, I think of lions

good job pepsico