Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Polar is a Massachusetts company, it's super prevalent in the northeast but they did sign a distribution deal with Keurig last year to start rolling it out nationwide

It's really good seltzer, their manufacturing facilities are absolutely ridiculous and the line of flavors they make puts la croix to shame and a half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I literally just cracked open a raspberry lime can. It didn't start showing up in my area of California until 2-3 years ago.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I dont know if it really counts as Soda but in Utah they just opened a dozen or so Dutch Bros coffee and they sell energy drinks/sodas so the lines are 50 deep at all times.

The coffee has given me dysentery both times I have tried it though.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Polar's line of Seltzer Lemonade/Limeades showed up at HEB not that long ago and they're real drat good. Waterloo is also aces for a really strongly flavored seltzer, but not sure how national they've gotten. They do seasonal flavors and their Cranberry was fabulous, especially with a bit of lime juice squeezed in.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I can't remember what thread we people were railing on Coke freestyle machines on. Normally I defend them. I just got actually Coke, with lemon, from one and it is absolutely terrible.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Fartington Butts posted:

I can't remember what thread we people were railing on Coke freestyle machines on. Normally I defend them. I just got actually Coke, with lemon, from one and it is absolutely terrible.

It's that "with" poo poo that is ruining your day. The soda syrup is the same as the big 5gal fountain boxes, only made much smaller to fit like 134 of them in one machine. The extra flavors are, in my considered opinion, unwashed rear end.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Beef Of Ages posted:

It's that "with" poo poo that is ruining your day. The soda syrup is the same as the big 5gal fountain boxes, only made much smaller to fit like 134 of them in one machine. The extra flavors are, in my considered opinion, unwashed rear end.

cherry vanilla is good and directly led to them bottling the flavor in stores so maybe it's just lemon that sucks

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pepsi is bringing back Crystal Pepsi but it is one of those bullshit contests where you can only get it by tweeting.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Pepsi is bringing back Crystal Pepsi but it is one of those bullshit contests where you can only get it by tweeting.

Only 300 ppl.. go gently caress yourself Pepsi just sell it for a bit you twats

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
they had crystal pepsi as a limited time flavor in... 2020 I think? It was pretty recent and I almost bought a couple for my brother when we were having a little party/help him move into the house he just bought. I ended up bringing a bottle of wine instead that was well received, but he would have appreciated the a e s t h e t i c of Crystal Pepsi.

postmodifier posted:

Polar is a Massachusetts company, it's super prevalent in the northeast but they did sign a distribution deal with Keurig last year to start rolling it out nationwide

It's really good seltzer, their manufacturing facilities are absolutely ridiculous and the line of flavors they make puts la croix to shame and a half

their orange vanilla seltzer is off the hook

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

they had crystal pepsi as a limited time flavor in... 2020 I think?

It was 2016. Wasn't great. They brought back Pepsi Blue last year and I'm still annoyed that it was for so short a time.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Pepsi blue last year was p cool. Unfortunately there was only a single gas station near me that sold it for about a month. :smithcloud:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Had a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper from the freestyle machine today :c00l:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I have never had crystal pepsi, what does it taste like?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

aniviron posted:

I only ever had it when it came out as a child and honestly I don't really remember. It's not a cola is all I remember.

I wanted to try it again but gently caress a Twitter "competition" lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

aniviron posted:

literally just pepsi

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

an actual dog posted:

literally just pepsi

This makes me feel a little like I am going crazy; why do people want it so much if it's pepsi without the caramel colouring?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Pepsi NFT flavour.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
pepsi already makes me say No Fuckin Thanks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

aniviron posted:

Depends on the era. Was pretty much kind of a flat Pepsi through most of the history and when it comes back this is what they put out. They briefly had a Crystal Pepsi that was flat pepsi with more lime and lemon.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

aniviron posted:

This makes me feel a little like I am going crazy; why do people want it so much if it's pepsi without the caramel colouring?

you know how if you take a sip of what you think is water but turns out to be sprite, your brain does that "what the gently caress" reaction?

it's that.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

oldskool posted:

you know how if you take a sip of what you think is water but turns out to be sprite, your brain does that "what the gently caress" reaction?

it's that.

its the actually (maybe?) true part of :biotruths:

you can develop very strong taste aversions if you eat something that gives you gastrointestinal illness. especially vomitting, but nausea, cramps and diarrhea work too

i think expecting one flavor but getting another trips that same alarm. your brain knows what this food item tastes like. you taste it, and it tastes wrong. not bad, not spoiled, not rotten. it's just the wrong flavor that your brain knows this food should have

so the part of your brain that interprets the sensation of taste is like "HOLD UP STOP THE PRESSES SOMETHING IS FUCKY. I KNOW WHAT THAT FOOD IS, BUT WHATEVER YOU ATE, IT AINT THAT FOOD. YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED. THIS A FALSE MOREL OR SOME FUCKER PUT EVIL DUST IN YO GLASS OF WINE. STOP. SPIT IT OUT."

It's a very good reflex to have from a survival perspective!!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WITCHCRAFT posted:

its the actually (maybe?) true part of :biotruths:

you can develop very strong taste aversions if you eat something that gives you gastrointestinal illness. especially vomitting, but nausea, cramps and diarrhea work too

i think expecting one flavor but getting another trips that same alarm. your brain knows what this food item tastes like. you taste it, and it tastes wrong. not bad, not spoiled, not rotten. it's just the wrong flavor that your brain knows this food should have

so the part of your brain that interprets the sensation of taste is like "HOLD UP STOP THE PRESSES SOMETHING IS FUCKY. I KNOW WHAT THAT FOOD IS, BUT WHATEVER YOU ATE, IT AINT THAT FOOD. YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED. THIS A FALSE MOREL OR SOME FUCKER PUT EVIL DUST IN YO GLASS OF WINE. STOP. SPIT IT OUT."

There was a food youtuber I forget which one who told a story where they ate a cheesecake at a friends and nearly spat it out and told their friend their cheesecake was off and tasted curdled to hell.

They were then informed it was key lime pie took another bite and it was very good key lime pie.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i wish mt dew had the same variety of diet variants that coke did. could really use a caffeine-free diet mt dew. also diet code red would own

that said i'm glad i can get diet barqs again. blessed

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
diet code red apparently still exists somewhere, gently caress knows where though (local availability of our products can vary pssshh).

----------------

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I check at every gas station I stop at. Only twice in about 10 years have I seen diet code red.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

uber_stoat posted:

diet code red apparently still exists somewhere, gently caress knows where though (local availability of our products can vary pssshh).

I was drinking this stuff in the midwest about ten years ago. Good poo poo

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Boozy Baja Blast

https://comicbook.com/irl/news/baja-blast-mountain-dew-alcoholic-version/

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

You know what rules?

The Bundaberg "Burgundee" grape creaming soda.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I really like Barqs Root Beer but it's become too sweet for me.

Are there alternate good root beer with less sugar?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

IBC is good, but a little pricey.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

My go-tos are Sprecher and IBC but both have about the same amount - 45g sugar in 12oz Barq's, 43 in IBC, 40 in Sprecher.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

IBC is 40, just like Sprecher.

edit: There's one option with less sugar than that. Faygo Root Beer has 33g of sugar per 12 oz.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 31, 2022

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I really like Barqs Root Beer but it's become too sweet for me.

Are there alternate good root beer with less sugar?

Honestly I prefer Diet Barq’s to classic Barq’s because it tastes less sweet.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I tried the low sugar Sprecher Orange Dream recently and I honestly didn't notice much of a difference in taste. they make a low sugar root beer too but I have not tried it personally. maybe worth a shot.

----------------

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

It’s arrived friends

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

WITCHCRAFT posted:

is it? How often can this situation possibly come up in nature

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

End of next month Pepsi is going to put out a version that will have Nitrogen instead of normal carbonation. Basically the same thing as canned Guinness.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/23/business/pepsi-nitro/index.html

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

It won’t be distributed anywhere and I’ll never be able to drink it. Soft drink distribution has been poo poo for ten years. Another sign of our collapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
i can't wait to try nitro pepsi purely out of spite for the above poster