Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3faOccJsZc&t=2525s

Now this is a movie worth watching. Tolstoy? Milton? Jodorowsky? Get the gently caress out of my face with those little pieces of caca

Soul Reaver is where it's at (you can skip blood omen 2). I linked at the time I recommend new comers watch it. If you can jive on that, go back and watch the first part. It's important to understand it, but it's like trying to translate the ancient pictograms found at the grave of Ur.

A titanic struggle against fate to prove the existence of free will and free us from the eternal wheel. Shakespearean actors reading from a very pleasant script

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RunawayPantleg
Jul 2, 2007

hhhehehe
I really miss the Legacy of Kain series... There's some excellent writing and plot beats in there!

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Michael Bell, staring into a skull: I would choose oblivion over this existence

Tony Jay: The choice is not yours

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You can tell that all the VAs had fun reading just the hammiest lines they'd ever seen in their lives

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RunawayPantleg posted:

I really miss the Legacy of Kain series... There's some excellent writing and plot beats in there!

You’re a righteous fiend, aren’t you?

Raziel: Apparently I am.

RunawayPantleg
Jul 2, 2007

hhhehehe

Who What Now posted:

You can tell that all the VAs had fun reading just the hammiest lines they'd ever seen in their lives

I remember in, I think it was Soul Reaver 2, there was VA recording footage in the extras and I just recall everybody looking like they were having a great time with it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I would play the poo poo out of a straight up port of the original LoK if they implemented only one quality of life feature: item screen loads that take less than 30 seconds.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3faOccJsZc&t=2679s
(44:39)

"I, Fazio, was to suffer the fate of traitors and whooplings."
- Raziel

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Raziel is a loser botch lol

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I would play the poo poo out of a straight up port of the original LoK if they implemented only one quality of life feature: item screen loads that take less than 30 seconds.

There is a pc version that came out about a year after the psx version but good lucking finding a copy, and if you do, getting it to run on modern windows.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Raziel is a loser botch lol

I renounce you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vakal posted:

There is a pc version that came out about a year after the psx version but good lucking finding a copy, and if you do, getting it to run on modern windows.

I think the last game I played on a PC was Sanitarium.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I think the last game I played on a PC was Sanitarium.

Personal Computers have gotten like four times faster since then!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
GoG had both soul reavers and defiance for like, 87 cents per game so you you know I had to snatch that poo poo up.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

who the hell would watch a video game??????

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Watched it (skipping Blood Omen 2 as is proper), still real fun. I love how gay as loving hell it all is. I like that the plot's superdrama can be boiled down to "a Lovecrafian Elder God with an eating disorder manipulated a race to become their God. A second, different race got pissed at this God, who was just a fatass feeding on souls, and tried to kill it. The first race banished them. The second race cursed the first to become vampires. Vampires then cursed/converted humans to help keep the second race banished. This comes to a head when Kain and Raziel bumble their sex-voiced way into unveiling the snacktastical machinations of the gluttonous squid fatass god, sealing him under a mountain of rubble. The second race, who are now insane demons, are still out there, as is the buried Elder God. Kain and his lover sword will go on to fight to free the world. The End."

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
This is the hottest missed opportunity Keanu Reeves vehicle movie there has ever been.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hairy Right Hook posted:

This is the hottest missed opportunity Keanu Reeves vehicle movie there has ever been.

He doesn't have a voice remotely near the correct caliber. And Tony Jay is gone. There is no replacing Tony Jay.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
But, does Tony Jay say "Forsooth"?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hairy Right Hook posted:

There it is. The worst opinion I've seen all day.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Hark! I am.... the SOUL reaver... woah *kung fu ensues*

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I love how sassy everyone is to each other in the middle of their grand soliloquies. Nonstop shade of "Oh God you're going to talk me to death shut UP"

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Youtube has a bunch of behind the scene videos and outtakes, it's the best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0Ks_ph5go

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I want to play the Vampyr game since I found out there's a line where someone growls "What is glass but tortured sand?"

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

funny I just replayed soul reaver and ordered a raziel mask and then opened up GBS to see this thread

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Black August posted:

He doesn't have a voice remotely near the correct caliber. And Tony Jay is gone. There is no replacing Tony Jay.

Sadly Paul Lukather (Vorador) passed in 2014. Simon Templeman (Kain) in 66 and Michael Bell (Raziel) is 82.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The stench of the fields hangs upon you like a pall

^^hard burn on a peasant

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

MH Knights posted:

Sadly Paul Lukather (Vorador) passed in 2014. Simon Templeman (Kain) in 66 and Michael Bell (Raziel) is 82.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJFBkJmx6s

Didn't realize Bell was that old. drat.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

MH Knights posted:

God loving DAMMIT.

Malek, you had your revenge at last!

Or perhaps it was the Time-Streamer Mobius?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I like how pitiful Mobius' end is, after 4 games of relentless dickbagging he just gets murdered and his soul erased from existence because the elder god doesn't give a poo poo about anything but its next meal

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Black August posted:

I like how pitiful Mobius' end is, after 4 games of relentless dickbagging he just gets murdered and his soul erased from existence because the elder god doesn't give a poo poo about anything but its next meal

I never got through defiance because of the weird camera angles but his death in BO1 is hilarious because he dies like everyone else, tryna crab-walk backwards away from Kain and then getting his head lopped off. Fun times. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I think I have all the LOK games and to this day have only ever played the first Soul Reaver. Is it worth playing nowadays as a grizzled old man?

Edit: oh I don’t think I have Blood Omen 1