Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MacheteZombie posted:

Give me Green Knight already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Watch the original Godzilla.

Then if you want more, watch one or more of:

Heisei Godzilla series (I'd go with Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah if you only watch one, but maybe start at the beginning since they're all direct sequels to each other and to Godzilla '54)

The only Heisei Godzilla movies I'd personally recommend are vs Biollante and vs Destroyah, and maybe Return of Godzilla. Everything else ranged from boringly mediocre to really bad imo.

Godzilla vs Megalon is my favorite Showa-era film, and yes, I do realize how terrible it is. That's part of its charm imo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CPL593H posted:

I don't know how people enjoy alcohol. Is there any booze that doesn't taste like paint thinner?

I built a tolerance to crappy tasting alcohol in my youth by drinking six shot americanos with no cream or anything. I also enjoy the taste of just plain sparkling water, which is what most beer tastes like to me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

Fuckships are full of seamen.

S-tier post/username combo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This trailer is a perfect example of the kind of trailer that plays into to my personal sensibilities when it comes to cutting my own trailers. And it owns.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I just had my first doner kebab Turkish pide for lunch and it was pretty great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I bought 5 shares of Nokia. TOO THE MOON!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Peccadillo posted:

Pide's a top ten food

I'm gonna order some because you mentioned it

Yeah, it was pretty great. I had it with a root beer too. I kinda felt like poo poo afterwards, but that's probably because I ate the whole thing. Lmao.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Is anyone else looking forward to WB's Attack on Titan live-action adaptation? Odds are real high they gently caress it up lol, but if by some miracle they don't and approach the source material with the same care and passion as they did the Harry Potter films, I really feel like Attack on Titan could be their next big franchise IP.

I know it's anime :argh: but I'm being honest when I say it's one of the most topically poignant and stronger narrative works of the past decade that I've invested myself in. It's a surprisingly weighty political drama/mystery thriller that comments on racial oppression, military superpowers/militarism, and extremism wrapped up in a hyper violent horror actioner that's embellished with some Weird rear end Crazy Anime poo poo™. There are no fillers either, which is crazy to me since the show is nearly 70 episodes in—each and every one is absolutely integral to plot and character.

Last I checked, Andy Muschietti (director of the It remake) is attached to helm the adaptation. Good choice I think (even if I didn't like It Chapter 2), considering how well he worked with a group of characters as kids and continued their stories as they got older; parallels the core group of characters in AoT. But I feel like as with most WB projects, he's gonna end up leaving it lmao. I also hope WB considers shying away from adapting AoT into movies—the material is primed to be a "prestige" miniseries for HBO Max imo.

[edit] LOL, talkin' bout ANIME on the page snipe

[edit 2] If I somehow managed to pique your interest, AoT seasons 1 through 3 are available to stream on Hulu, and is up to date with season 4 which is currently ongoing (new episodes drop every Sunday).

teagone fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 2, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fuuuuuck those Japanese live-action adaptations. They were absolutely terrible, yeah. So many questionable changes to the source material.

[edit] I was just reminded of the attempted rape scene in the Japanese live-action version (which is NOT in the manga/anime). Seriously, gently caress those movies.

teagone fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 2, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That image popped up in my twitter timeline a few minutes ago and I quickly glanced at it; I had just assumed "ridiculousness" was an umbrella term for like various lovely reality tv shows. I didn't realize it's an actual show, lmao. That's hilarious.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CPL593H posted:

People are talking about a Social Network sequel?

Zuckerberg testifying in front of Congress can be made into a movie, probably.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheKalenAllen/status/1357919375966101507

lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I found out Taco Bell has a happy hour from 2-5p and drinks are only $1 on Uber Eats. I ordered 4 zero sugar baja blasts for myself earlier, lmao. Thanks for reading.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Taco Bell is fast food and I don't think anyone who enjoys it will claims it's anything but. It's also a national chain that's all over, I don't think I've ever seen a Del Taco. For a lot of people it's the only taco you're gonna get outside of an independent place and those aren't open until 2am with a drive thru for stoned people.

Taco Bell owns if you want/need a lot of calories for super cheap. Their ratio of calorie per dollar is kind of insane lol. And a lot of their stuff isn't fried either.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Nothing beats Little Caesars in that regard, you can get like 3k calories from their $5 lunch special alone.

That's true, but at least with Taco Bell you can get beans, chicken, rice, guac, and veg. The calories from pizza is just bread and assloads of cheese lol. No bueno for a lactose intolerant Asian like myself.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fat Lou posted:

But which frame? Do I watch Chainsaw Scumfuck on repeat to start?

Watch The Guyver (1991) and Guvyer 2 Dark Hero (1994) back to back.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1370782458870960138
I love James Cameron's Avatar, but is it cynical to think Disney deliberately re-released the film in China to take the #1 global box office spot back as a primer for the eventual Avatar 2 marketing blitz? "Experience the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time by visionary director James Cameron" seems like a line that'd make studio execs go :gizz:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't necessarily think it was about trying to take the "highest grossing" prize back from their biggest franchise in the US, and I think they probably would have done it even if avatar never lost that spot or if Endgame was so far ahead this wouldn't have changed anything.

I dunno, Disney's/Marvel's self-back-patting/congratulating on social media makes it kind of obvious, lol:

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1370777527237578755

https://twitter.com/JimCameron/status/1370779946356903941

https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/status/1370790032114479104

https://twitter.com/officialavatar/status/1370779683088822276

There's nothing stopping them from re-releasing Endgame eventually to reclaim the top spot and then marketing the next big MCU crossover film as part of the highest grossing franchise in box office history.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Alec Eiffel posted:

The director of the new Mortal Kombat has never directed a film before? Or anything? How do you land that job? I'm not saying MK is quality material, but it's odd.

There was actually an article about this very question published last month lol https://www.cbr.com/mortal-kombat-star-wars-commercial-simon-mcquoid/

It's actually hilarious.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:siren: Reminder: I'll be streaming in the CineD Discord later today! :siren:

Stop by if you wanna hop in and watch—please remember to mute your mic if you do plan to join the stream, thanks! Movie chat will be in the #snack-snyders-slyders channel :)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gatts posted:

:( I will miss this unfortunately. But Godspeed!

:cheers:

Next stream will probably be the Mortal Kombat premiere on the 23rd.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

Kong vs Godzilla Kong is supposed to be fully grown now but you cant see his dick? 4min into the movie

You see kong dick in the post-credits scene.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CPL593H posted:

At this point I think the only pure souls in the entertainment industry are Weird Al Yankovic, Keanu Reeves, and Guy Fieri.

Zack Snyder.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gatts posted:

Love, Death and Robots season 2 gets good a few episodes in. Ep 2 is cool but right now I'm midway in and it's decent.

EDIT: Wait. It's apparently just 8 episodes long. The gently caress? It starts getting good and just stops.

I didn't enjoy a single one :( Was really looking forward to it, but I wasn't feeling any episode at all; nothing about the stories or the art direction clicked with me. I only liked a handful from eps Vol 1 so I wasn't expecting to be blown away or anything, but maaaaan, I thought Vol 2 whiffed super hard as a follow up.

[edit] If I had to pick ANY episode from Vol 2 though, that I thought was alright, I guess... Pop Squad? Everything else I either didn't like the story, the aesthetic, or both.

teagone fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 15, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Klowner posted:

If you're still jonesing for sci-fi shorts, there's a feature-length compilation of oats studios' shorts on Amazon prime. It's been around for a while but I only recently found out about and watched it. Pretty good imo

Oh yeah, I watched all those on Steam when they were released. Didn't know they did a compilation though, that's cool. Haven't revisited them for a long while, so I'll queue that up tonight, hah.

[edit] Oh seems to not be available in my location. What region are you in? I can try to VPN it I guess.

teagone fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 15, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fungah! posted:

in case anyone isnt' following this lurdiak's main contribution to the game ws sitting around making jokes about killing make-a-wish kids to put in the game while the rest of his team went uh-huh. hmmm. maybe not?

Wait, is this for real? Lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Oh poo poo, lmao.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Cherry was insanely bad. Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/anxietydepotbuf/status/1371293660466253826

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Reminder! For anyone who wants to spend their Friday night watching movies with goons:

teagone posted:

I'm hosting a Dawn of the Dead/Army of the Dead double feature stream tonight in the CineD Discord:

Come experience Snyder's brand of zombie mayhem at 9PM central! For Army of the Dead, I will also be hosting a Scener room for those with Netflix. If you plan on joining the Discord stream, please remember to mute your mics :)

:getin:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I, Butthole posted:

Polanski's Macbeth is probably the best screen adaptation of Shakespeare, and it's just so drat _filthy_.

Nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEzskNtFnIY

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I liked the Romeo and Juliette where she got her tits out when we watched it in high school.

therattle posted:

We watched that in high school too, amazingly. It’s the Zeffirelli version. As I recall, it was pretty good, leaving the nudity aside.

Lmao, same. We three are blessed.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I rewatched Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet thanks to this thread. It's been forever. Movie really is great btw. Leguizamo's Tybalt is my favorite. S-Tier Shakespeare experience, highly recommended.

[edit] I can't remember if Luhrmann's Gatsby movie was good or not, but I'm gonna watch it tonight. The only thing I remember from it is the Leo meme with the fireworks and champagne.

teagone fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 5, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fuckin, this made me lol obnoxiously loud.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

I took that as a joke at that guys expense.

Hard to tell sometimes on twitter tbh.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lol, is this how the title is revealed? I don't remember any official announcement, unless I missed it?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Azhais posted:

it was announced a while ago. I thought it didn't come out til December tho

I know The Matrix 4 has been in the works for a while and that it's coming to HBO Max, I just didn't know if there was an official title reveal or not.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

Sounds like Jupiter Ascending so I'm definitely in

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1405038577646329856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is Cena right wing?

Bautista has talked in the past about wanting to be a serious actor and not a movie star. Everything The Rock has done in movies has been about being the next Arnold Schwarzenegger. Cena does a mixture of fun stuff and blockbuster, but he hasn't been the lead in anything with a large budget.

The Rock is weird because he lacks sex appeal. His movies are mostly sexless action romps. Arnold had poo poo like Conan, Twins, Running Man, True Lies, and Predator. There's nothing The Rock has done that can compare to anything in Arnold's filmography and charisma, sex fueled or otherwise, on screen. I'd be surprised if there's ANY romantic tension between The Rock and Emily Blunt in Jungle Cruise.

Cena kowtows to China.

Bautista owns.