Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Sandwolf (4): Scientastic, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Idle Amalgam, ObamaAkbar., CapitalistPig

Not Voting (3): GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza, Sandwolf

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 02nd, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 24 minutes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf Scum-Aligned Quesandillas and Guacsandmole has been executed D3. You have until 10PM EST to get any last minute spice purchases, any spices bought after 10PM will not be available for use until D4.
The thread stays open at night, both cooking and game related chat is acceptable.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf's Quesandillas and Guacsandmole

Quesandillas
- tortillas
- Chicken breast
- Taco seasoning
- Cheese
- Green pepper
- Sour cream
- Half onion

1. Cut green pepper/onion into slices; put on skillet until they become soft, remove
2. While step one is cooking, cut chicken into strips and put in hot skillet, remove once fully covered
3. Mix vegetables, chicken and mixture of sour cream and taco seasoning, while doing so use wooden spoon or knife to cut chicken into smaller pieces
4. Fill half of tortilla with mixture, sprinkle cheese and fold over other half (should look like a half circle) should fill 4-5 tortillas
5. Fry in skillet until golden brown spots appear, flip over. Repeat for all filled tortillas
6. Cut each 1/2 circle into 3 triangles
7. Cover with salsa, guac, or hot sauce

Guacsandmole
- Avocado 2
- Cream cheese
- Tobasco
- Limes 2
- 1/2 Red onion
- Cherry tomato

1. Cut avocado and mash in bowl. Squeeze limes over to reduce browning
2. Mix in chopped red onion, sand, chopped cherry tomatoes, cream cheese and Tabasco to taste

Mod Note:I have been told the dish falls apart without the sand, so up to you on how gritty you want it.

Sandwolf's Quesandillas and Guacsandmole are worth 25 points.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Hal Insandenza posted:

I want to make that next

Also I love that you are always so excited with whatever you made!!!
Thanks man! It's super yum, hype to see your take on it! :D

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Okay, so. Fairy bread.

I was pondering this for quite a while. What is the essence of fairy bread? It can't simply be because it's sweet, because then, sugar on bread or condensed milk on bread would suffice. Clearly, the essence comes from the sprinkles. Why are the sprinkles important? Because they're colorful and visually appealing to children.

So I decided to try to make a savory fairy bread that captures the essence of fairy bread as I understand it - which is, its colorfulness!

Okay, so here's some homemade bread.

Cut off a slice.

Buttered it up.

Then, I added the 'sprinkles': basil, red pepper flakes, sumac, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper.

Popped it in the toaster oven and cut it in half! There it is - savory fairy bread!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Akarshi posted:

Popped it in the toaster oven and cut it in half! There it is - savory fairy bread!

:ghost: Now this is a hell of an idea. :ghost:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Hal Insandenza posted:

This is really confusing! Are you still in this "masonry" alone, with no one to talk to?

Yes I’m in a masonry with just myself and it explicitly states that I can’t use any actions related to it due to there only being 1 member.

My kitchen is a mess so I haven’t did a cooking. :( I should have planned for this game better.

(And yes I WAS summoned by the discord notif :cry: )

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Akarshi posted:

I love this! Maybe it could be called dryad bread?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

N3 has officially started, please get all actions in to me before 10PM EST tomorrow, February 3rd.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

Panna Cotta makes me feel good though!
Nice, me too.
What's that on top besides the raspberry? How was it?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sub Rosa posted:

Nice, me too.

What's that on top besides the raspberry? How was it?

Well I tried to get compote but my local supermarket doesn’t seems to sell it and I was too lazy to make any so it’s just strawberry jam lol. Was really good! Very easy to make too

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Also your recipe made quite a lot so I’ll be eating it for the next 3 nights

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Scientastic posted:

“Oh poo poo, please not fairy bread”

Somehow she knew.

“There is no way you’re elevating that”

She was right.

Akarshi posted:

There it is - savory fairy bread!

:drat:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Time for a last minute appetizer!

One of my favourite appetizers growing up was something we always had at big family get-togethers like Christmas and Thanksgiving. While my parents were getting all the big food ready, they'd keep me busy making the salami horns.'

There's just 2 ingredients: salami and olives. Ideally the green olives with pimentos. My folks always made us go half and half, making some with the plain black olives too, but I always thought those were boring and bland in comparison.

First, you cut the salami slices in half, into nice semicircles...

Oh, I've had a minor setback here. You should also make sure you get nice round slices of salami. I didn't notice this salami wasn't the right shape, cause I just saw the "extra hot" label and went YES PLEASE. So instead of a nice semicircle, I've got kind of a... lumpy rounded rectangle thing.

You're supposed to have a semicircle so you can roll it up into a nice and neat-looking actual cone shape around the olive. I had a go at it and it almost works...

But it's kinda weird, and the pieces are also too big for these little olives. So I cut the shapes in half again, and just used a straight rollup instead of the cone shape. Yeah these look slightly more presentable.

The extra hot salami was yummy, at least!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

One of the challenges I’ve had during this game is coming up with things that use ingredients I have lying around: for ICSAs and things like that, the meal is the occasion, so I can justify buying things in specially or going into intricacies of over complicated techniques to do something that really pushes me and my guests’ tastebuds. Here, the dishes are coming at me so fast I need to somehow incorporate them into my regular daily routine.

With this in mind, I present my starter:

Mushrooms
Onions
Chives
Butter
Garlic
Brandy
Cream cheese which I ended up not using

I chucked all my ingredients into a pan, and simmered for a long time

Until all the moisture was gone

This was then chucked into a blender with a big know of melted butter

The resulting paste was transferred to ramekins and chilled overnight

Meanwhile, I assembled the ingredients for some bread

Our blender is broken at the moment, so I had to do it by hand, but I eventually got it to form a good dough

Which I left to rise for a couple of hours

I then gave it a very satisfying punch and transferred it to a bread tin, leaving it to rise again

And I baked it

And I sliced it

I grabbed and dressed some leaves that were in my fridge to make the presentation slightly less depressing, and I was done! A starter of mushroom pâté and toast:

Close up

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Appetizer! Ok, so I went with something that was theoretically simple, but I have never tried before. Bone Marrow! I am the only one in my house who will eat it, so I only got one bone segment. I'm going to spread it on some toast like a delicious meat butter.

Sprinkle some salt on the marrow, cut your bread into app sized pieces, spread garlic and sprinkle parsley on the bread. Then bake at 425oF for 20 minutes. Pull out the bread when it seems toasty enough.

Then using a small knife, or whatever you can get into the marrow to scoop it out onto your little garlic breads and enjoy.

It was not hard to do, but I don't think it was better than just doing the garlic toasts with butter instead. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but butter is cheaper and takes less time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Sandwolf's Quesandillas and Guacsandmole

Guacsandmole
- Avocado 2
- Cream cheese
- Tobasco
- Limes 2
- 1/2 Red onion
- Cherry tomato

1. Cut avocado and mash in bowl. Squeeze limes over to reduce browning
2. Mix in chopped red onion, sand, chopped cherry tomatoes, cream cheese and Tabasco to taste

Mod Note:I have been told the dish falls apart without the sand, so up to you on how gritty you want it.

Sandwolf's Quesandillas and Guacsandmole are worth 25 points.

I love guacamole but this seems too dorm room abomination to me (I respect that about it though), but I will glad make Hal's 7 Pepper Guacamole for lunchtime enjoyment.

In this particular case the 7 peppers are black pepper, white pepper, crushed red pepper, Caribe pepper, Fresno Pepper, Serrano Pepper and Paprika. You can rotate peppers in an out however, sometimes I will sub a Scotch Bonnet for the Caribe to give it more spice, or replace the Serrano with a Jalapeno to make it milder.

I generally cube up the avocados and then lightly mash them with the back of a fork so they are chunky with creamy undertones. In this case I mashed a bit more than I wanted to and it's more on the creamy side but that is fine too. As a side note, buying avocados during pandemic times is stressful, I don't want to squeeze and put one back so I just eyeball them real hard and then hope what I picked turns out how I want. Today went pretty well though and these were all pretty much at the ripeness I wanted.

I chopped up all the other veggies and tossed everything in. I had bought some new tomatoes today for this but then noticed we had a couple tomatoes already. These were some past-their-prime not-once-they-once-were tomatoes but I hate to waste food and so I used those. They are definitely not the firmness I like in my tomato, but yeah. You do what you gotta do.

After giving that a mix, I added in the dry spices and a dollop of sour cream. Cream cheese was not happening but sour cream seemed like a good compromise. After that was mixed up I squeezed in some lime, and used the rest of the lime to wipe off my hands and cutting board to try and reduce the serrano pepper burning sensation when I touch anything.

Going to let this chill together for an hour in the fridge and serve with some quesadillas using leftover fajita stuff from the other night.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Generic Girl Name Town-aligned Shrimp and Grits has been strewn across the buffet N3.
D4 is now open. Appetizers are still available to be cooked until 10PM EST at which point we will get a new flash recipe.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Generic Girl Name's Shrimp & Grits

Ingredients
Stone-Ground Grits (non-instant preferred)
Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
Shrimp (Raw & Deveined)
Green Onions
Butter
Salt & Pepper
O L D B A Y

Tools
Pot
Skillet
Spatula

Steps
  1. Cook grits as per their instructions (Boiled in water w/ some salt & pepper to taste).
  2. While grits are cooking, melt butter in skillet. Saute Shrimp in butter w/ liberal amounts of O L D B A Y seasoning.
  3. Fold cheese into grits & remove from heat
  4. Eat cheesy old bay grit??? consume???

Generic Girl Name's Shrimp & Grits are worth 25 points.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah I just witnessed a murder ##vote IA

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I didn't kill ggn.

I attempted to track them with salty garlic.

I bought a salt previous phase, and combined it with garlic.

Unfortunately, I got the tracking only.

Was going to use it on science if it had kept up the empowering, but it didnt.

In any case, I'm no murderer.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Why ggn? Because their masonry stuff seemed wonky

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah I just witnessed a murder ##vote IA

Who did you visit and with what spice/blend?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Scientastic posted:

Who did you visit and with what spice/blend?

I tracked IA with garlic, he visited GGN, don’t really believe his claim as I was suspicious of him already hence why I tracked him

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I tracked IA with garlic, he visited GGN, don’t really believe his claim as I was suspicious of him already hence why I tracked him

Cool: I made another allspice/cumin/garlic blend, and saw you visit IA, I just wanted to check

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's pretty much got to be IA in my head right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Mayyybe hal

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I want to reread IA, Bif and Sand tomorrow morning to make sure we’re not just working off night actions, but yeah, I think it’s IA.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Scientastic posted:

Cool: I made another allspice/cumin/garlic blend, and saw you visit IA, I just wanted to check

To clarify, I watched/tracked OA, not IA

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
It's not me, but finish your re-read, etc and carry on.

Better not to drag it out!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

It's pretty much got to be IA in my head right now.

Yes

Awwww nope

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Idle Amalgam posted:

It's not me, but finish your re-read, etc and carry on.

Better not to drag it out!

Who do you think it is then?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'll try and get a read up on who I think the scum are, but I'm torn between pig and hal since it wasn't GGN. And science and oa seem to corroborate a chain of events.

Unless one of OA/Science are scum, I think it is probably one of hal/pig leaning Hal over OA.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Hal didnt vote sand out, but made some jokes about sands alignment. Kinda null ultimately.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Hal Insandenza posted:

I can’t wait to get home today so I can cook again

Also get wrecked Scumwolf

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yes it "may" be Sandwolf, lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Plenty of time between I feel.

One could reason that Hal didnt want to cut cooking short, and didnt see grandis explanation, but eh.

That's the best I got.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I addressed this later, didn’t want to vote a Sand Bro unless I had to.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Had a go at making chili. I never had chili before, so was pretty curious about how this would go!

Laid out the ingredients. Beef stew, the requisite spices, beer, tomato sauce, an onion, and chicken stock!

I chopped up half the onion. The beef stew already came in chunks so it saved me some cutting there haha.

Tossed the beef and onion and cooked them a little.

Then I dumped in the tomato sauce, the beer, the stock, the spices, etc etc. Brought it all up to a boil, covered, and walked away....well, for most part. I came back and tasted and made a few adjustments, most notably tossing in a stick of cinnamon and some bay leaves, as well as some vinegar and some sugar.

This is what it looked like after two hours!

I served it over white rice and chopped some scallions to put on top. Man this was super good - it actually kinda reminded me of Indian food a little, like it had a bit of a curry vibe with the cumin and the thiccness of the sauce. It was awesome though, the beef was really tender and I was extremely tempted to go back for seconds lol but for now am looking forward to having it again for lunch tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'll try and get a read up on who I think the scum are, but I'm torn between pig and hal since it wasn't GGN. And science and oa seem to corroborate a chain of events.

Unless one of OA/Science are scum, I think it is probably one of hal/pig leaning Hal over OA.

Why would I, as scum, post the thing that started the night action bingo that got sandwolf caught?

I could easily have kept it in my pocket and the sandwolf thing would have been a lot murkier.

With my MACEonry results in conjunction with obama and science's actions sandwolf was basically a sure thing.