Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It is my favorite thing to make other people eat but maybe I'll figure out something better,i have been cooking a lot the last year or so

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can we start yet? I made a Grand Mac tonight

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are our recipes public or do we pm them? Narrowing my options here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm trying to decide between microwave cooking for one or 70s dinner party

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes that's the one

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I'm making mine tonight. Hurry up and join game!

I wonder if it's worth putting a post in GWS, maybe get some new blood

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was going to do some sous vide but I didn't want to use something most people don't have. I see how it is now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's a fancy slow-cooker that let's you make things that are completely fine but look like they're going to give everyone food poisoning

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Wow I am smacking my lips with hunger

In doing so it also makes the tenderest meats you've ever had so it balances out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

While I do have a sous vide, what I don't have is 2 hours to wait for breakfast, so poached it is. What I do have is leftover cornbread from the local bbq place last night

Into the boiling vinegar water they go

And breakfast time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

:siren:Flash Deal Available:siren:
I'm in the mood for something sweet. Make a dessert for 15 points.
This deal is available until the end of N1.

What's that, Grandi? You want me to go to the bulk store? Well ok!

Double Chocolate Chip Berry Cookies

Mix your butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar until creamy. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and mix until... Mixed. Then stir in your mixins

Dark chocolate chunks are best, but you can use bittersweet if you insist. Chunks are definitely preferred over chips. For the berries any tart Berry will do; my preference is cherries but cranberries are also good. They were out of cherries today but I got a mix with cherries, cranberries, and blueberries.
Use a cup of each and fold them in.

Now one thing I don't normally do is chill my dough, but these are best if they're thick and gooey so I tried that out and seemed to help

Pop them in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes

Pour a glass of milk and enjoy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh God I ate too many of them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah the main reason I don't bake more often with Minifauxnen is she will have just one or maybe two bikkies while I devour the rest

I mean it's just plain suboptimal to not enjoy them when they're fresh right out of the oven, right?!

Opop Jr went back to his mother's this morning, I usually don't bake when he's not here because otherwise my partner and I will have to eat everything ourselves. And will

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I try to avoid sugar at all costs, but I do enjoy a cocktail. Is a cocktail a dessert?

There are plenty of liqueurs and liquored up coffees that would say so

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I did a pumpkin Swiss roll with cream cheese filling a couple months back, good stuff

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had an air fryer but it took up too much space and yet could barely fit anything into it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Egg rings never work for me, my pans are all too misshapen

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote sandwolf Posting mad weird this page

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merk and I agree it's Sandwolf, how could anyone doubt that power couple?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:ghost: Woooowwww rruuudddeee

Anyways Opop's Vincent Price's Steak Diane, my favourite non-grill way to make steak

Start with some good quality sirloin

Cook those up in a lot of butter, pull them when ready. Add more butter and fry up your shallots, then add Worcestershire sauce and a good brandy, I'm lucky enough to have a good distillery in town but store bought will do

FLAMBE!

And you have your sauce.

For sides I always say you can't go wrong with a starch and a veggie. I've been branching out on my starches but this one just begs for roasted Potatoes, kicked up with the Za'atar I got for Christmas

And then good old aspargus with some lemon pepper.

And you're ready to enjoy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: that’s a How to Train Your Dragon 3 cake you childless philistines

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I did not light the bourbon on fire when throwing it in. I figured it would taste fine if I just reduced it a bit.

:ghost: oh no no no no, you have to

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You bastards, how dare you kill me N1

Also good call Obama, halloumi is one of my favourite discoveries of the last year and one of my favourite foods now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I vote we keep this open as a cooking thread.

I had my second attempt at brisket tonight. 24ish hours in the sous vide, 2 in the oven, and now into my belly. Joined by Brussels sprouts and yorkshires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Was the Sous vide brisket good??

Little dry but fortunately I'd made lots of gravy