Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hello I am... going to sign up. Pls allow me some time to submit a recipe, but I will join the discord when I’ve chosen one. I’m deciding between two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Bifauxnen posted:

snipp'd photos

I've never poached an egg before and I didn't realize it was THAT easy... what the heck

Also I don't own the ole food puddler, but I DO have an instant pot. >:) can't wait to find a way to include that.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
great, now im mad i havent been able to go to tai pan bakery in nyc. need some hotdog buns.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I might have forgotten about this game on Sunday, and now that my sleep schedule is “fall asleep at 5am” I uh oops am here now.

The ref case makes sense to me, in as much as any day 1 case does, but I think me voting for ref right now would be pretty sloppy. Let me cook a food first...

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hello I’m back, remember that time when I said I was gonna make something sweet and then vanished? Haha sick.

So here’s a cooking post:

I decided that the easiest thing to do would be making some cookies from a prepackaged mix. The mix is Betty crocker’s snickerdoodles and as we can see in the first image that I’ve already hosed up in two distinct ways.

1. Why did I add this BEFORE the mix?
2. That butter sure looked melted to me! (It’s “softened” because I didn’t read the directions.

Not pictured, I open a bottle of blue moon and begin to panic and pour in the mix.

O-oh. This comes with a package of cinnamon sugar inside the mix, oof. Well. Let’s dust that off and set it aside.

Not pictured: giving up and having to hand mix the dough because the butter isn’t warm enough

Small batch!

A-ah... thats... still worth points right? :(

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Imgur won’t let me post the final image from my phone, yay!!!

Mafia content: I’m just gonna be repeating a lot of others in terms of “Day 1 is weird and sucks re:scum hunting”. Sorry for the D1 apathy. I promise to bring my A game, D2 :(

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
##vote ref

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
That’s a good looking Alfredo. My roommate was just complaining that I never make Alfredo sauce from scratch.

Also after resting the cookies they taste fine, I apologize for my meltdown.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I thought game started again at 10 :argh:. I find it weird that someone strongly implying they wanted to make a mason was (possibly) role blocked. That’s the least troublesome* action?

(* yes fine, we all know I love masons for sharing pet pics :v:)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Sandwolf posted:

you should probably make at least some kind of mafia call at some point too, though I have a townie ish read on you right now

While I appreciate the help, I feel like this post is just trying to make me look scummy by way of you “helping me” :/ hmm. Also I don’t got no cases because there’s nothing leaping out at me, though I will be posting a good very soon.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

While I appreciate the help, I feel like this post is just trying to make me look scummy by way of you “helping me” :/ hmm. Also I don’t got no cases because there’s nothing leaping out at me, though I will be posting a good very soon.

I meant “food” not “good” but due to technical problems you’ll all see the midnight snack post tomorrow because awful app deleted it because of the Imgur situation.

Sigh.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Scientastic posted:

I think IA is scum, but I don’t like this post:

Fingering Sandwolf for RF being NKed is very WIFOM, and then pinning IA because of how he posts about Sandwolf is too reliant on assuming Sand’s flip.

My feeling is that merk and IA might be scumbuddies, and merk is trying to push an alternative candidate while giving himself an out to move to IA if the wind changes.

merk posted:

Sandwolf is scum who doesn't know what to do here and is overreacting to light pressure. Let's just eliminate and move on.

merk posted:

Alternatively, gift me points, and I will end his life.

merk posted:

Did Sandwolf really not comment at all about that post where I obviously setup a chain elim? He convinced scientastic in scum chat to go to bat for him?

Sandwolf, IR (or whatever, I don’t even remember his name), Sci.

Game over. See you next time I come back from retirement.

I was writing up a post to say how I felt decent about sci being townie when these Merk posts jumped out at me and felt pretty scummy. Merk positing that SW is scum on the basis of “overreacting” but overreacts in doing so.

For those of you who think Merk is very townie, is this a call based on meta analysis of Merk’s play in other games? I know someone already mentioned that as a reason, but I don’t see it and especially think with this game being non-standard? Maybe I’m over thinking how non-standard the game is?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Thinking about it more I think I’m getting hung up on points speculation, which is bad.

Now if someone could make the awful app let me post my foods I’d be happy.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Somewhere in this post I also meant to mention merks convenient lack of involvement with the D1 Lunch, but I also believe that merk just plain wasn’t able to be around at that time so idk? Who am I to judge

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Hal Insandenza posted:

Behold Referee's Fettucine Chicken Alfredo

You’re amazing. This better get bonus points.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
What was that post clue....?

I’m not changing my vote just yet. I’d like to reread and I’m currently trapped running hospital related errands. Hopefully I’m back home significantly before deadline.

I also might try to post something not worth points, in the name of friendship and mafia. Please put me in a mason.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Mason mason mason.

Also: it looks like clue is at -1 & I don’t wish to hammer, but it does seem like discussion has died down. I don’t think my merk case is strong enough to get anywhere/do any convincing of people who don’t already agree and or find them sus.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Midnight Snack

Finally able to desktop post this awful food item. It was not worth the wait. This is a meal I make for my roommate pretty often at approx midnight when we've been drinking. I made it a few days ago to immortalize it in this thread.

Step 1: Boil some water. We have a small pot thats the perfect size for ramen, so I try to use that one if possible.

Step 2: Add miso paste to the boiling water. I usually have individual packets on it around. This one had a little packet of scallions and such in addition, so I used that too!

Step 3: Add a teaspoon(?) of sesame oil to the concoction. If it's not boiling again after the miso paste and toppings, wait until it boils and then add some scrambled egg to the broth. Egg drop is the goal here...

Step 4: when it looks egg-droppy enough, submerge your cellophane noodles. Its important the egg "finish" cooking before you add the cellophane or it kinda absorbs into the noodles and becomes unpleasant.

Finished!! I think it looks AWFUL but honestly it tastes fine, I just dislike cellophane noodles. Peep the steam on this image!!!!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Your food looks good clue, and I know the last photo is blurry/streaky but I want it framed

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
How many scum do we think there are in a game of this size?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

CapitalistPig posted:

Okay so let's clear up some stuff.

I used a brown sugar and Mace blend to get sandwolf and bif into a masonry with me. We have the ability to see All spices used by, and on, a person as well as ones they own , we don't get the specifics though, just a list of all of the spices and blends with no context.

Bif had me fooled pretty good honestly and I had no suspicions.

Last night we chose to target merk with our ability.

The following things were returned:

Brown Sugar & Mace Blend - this was our spice cop thing
-snipped the rest-

Uh what?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I guess I'm not understanding the masonry Cpig and SW are currently in (assuming it didn't disolve when bif died).

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm assuming then tha merk was the one who killed bif and was who obama got redirected to

We have the ability to see All spices used by, and on, a person as well as ones they own , we don't get the specifics though, just a list of all of the spices and blends with no context.

This was a collective action as a masonry

Actually, maybe I'm over thinking it and the mason's power counts as using the spice blend again for the sake of night watching?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Okay. And I assume you made this masonry N1 and then used the masonry power (w SW and Bif) N2?

Also for the record I did not perform an action last night.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Is anyone else in a mason currently?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
My sister made hamburger helper yesterday and it’s why I didn’t cook yesterday lol. Hamburger helper with a generous amount of Red Hot hot sauce applied is 100% good rear end food.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
There is another mason, that has the ability to do a power. And I'm pretty sure Sandwolf is in it. Here's my logic.

N2, I was added to an empty (save for myself) masonry, the flavor of which implies that actions performed by it are hidden, and that it was created by another mason with similar flavor (but distinct from CPig's described mason, thus all my confusion and questions at the start of the day).

The mason (I'm in) only has me because whoever was in control of the original mason, put me and bif in the mason, but bif died. The mason has the similar "team work together to make an action" situation, but it cannot be used because you need at least two members to do any action.

I agree that SW seems like scum, but I was really hoping for more info to come from anywhere else before posting this.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Sorry, actions aren't "hidden" the members/source of the action seems "hidden", but I'm making assumptions~~

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I just made the Gordon Ramsey eggs and just loving forgot to take pictures, I hate myself.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Hal Insandenza posted:

This is really confusing! Are you still in this "masonry" alone, with no one to talk to?

Yes I’m in a masonry with just myself and it explicitly states that I can’t use any actions related to it due to there only being 1 member.

My kitchen is a mess so I haven’t did a cooking. :( I should have planned for this game better.

(And yes I WAS summoned by the discord notif :cry: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Great game grandi!!! I almost made the ultimate spice! If only I had cooked more...