Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Late to the punch on this one!

Also, it's clearly only three Pinocchios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Twelve by Pies posted:

I only remember one person wearing a diaper in public and he did it to own the libs.

Also, gotta love the magical horizontally flipping hair.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Fister Roboto posted:

I really can't get over how much this guy sucks at drawing. He literally can't draw a straight line, but also all of his curves are just combinations of straight lines? Like every circle that he draws is actually a lovely octagon.

His straight lines are also combinations of straight lines. Look at the LEFT WING BAR sign's edges and it's really obvious there.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Or, you know. Non-age-related hearing loss.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tibalt posted:

Oh sure, but in those cases you're less likely to be in denial about being hard of hearing, and more likely to realize why a mask makes it harder to understand people. On the other hand, the older person with mild to moderate hearing loss who completely denies it is so common that it's practically a cliché.

I was in denial as a teenager, even as I automatically gravitated to standing on the left side of any group and got real annoyed when I couldn't, and turned my head slightly instead of looking straight at people when they spoke to me - not far enough to entirely break eye contact but far enough to be noticeable and annoy adults, who kept telling me to look at them when they were speaking to me.

Turns out I actually am extremely hard of hearing in my left ear and I could only make out people on my right.

So didn't mean to jump on you specifically but it annoys me a little when people go 'hearing loss (that isn't deafness) is an older person thing' because, when I was younger, it was accompanied with 'so pay attention and stop asking people to repeat themselves!'

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 8, 2021

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Holy poo poo, an actual joke.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Office Pig posted:

The white ones.

No, that's the part that it means, not the part that it says.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

VitalSigns posted:

Kellies' nomination: most willfully dense

holy poo poo what a stupid argument, identifying shapes isn't in a job interview, obviously teaching that to kids must be a waste of time

I mean, he clearly doesn't use it in his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Raised By Birds posted:

Justin "The Fiendishly Fascist Tyrant" Trudeau

Oh boy! Something I get to talk about!

Ben Garrison posted:

Trudeau, the fiendishly fascist tyrant of Canada, announced that those who do not get vaccinated against COVID-19 are “racist and misogynistic extremists.” Really? That’s a colossal lie even for the psychopathic Prime Minister, but he also went on to state, rather ominously, whether the rest of Canada needs to “tolerate” the unvaccinated. Such pronouncements are similar to Hitler’s denunciations of the Jews. Trudeau has also sent his government goons to physically assault reporters working for Rebel News, one of the few conservative news organizations in Canada. Canadian banks are refusing mortgages to some conservatives there. How far will Trudeau take this? As far as he can if there is no resistance.

It may not surprise anyone that Ben doesn't know what he's talking about (or, rather, he probably does, but prefers to ignore it to say what he wants to anyway).

Rebel News is functionally Canada's Breitbart or at least they really really want to be, founded and edited by Ezra Levant; I don't know how well-known he is in the States but he's pretty infamous up here. Gavin McInnes (yes, the Proud Boys guy) used to work for them until they had to fire him for defending Holocaust deniers and putting out a video called Ten Things I Hate About Jews. Jack Posobiec also used to work for them. So did Faith Goldy, who went on to join podcasts on the Daily Stormer.

Rebel News was previously not officially allowed at debates - by which I mean the Leaders' Debates Commission didn't accredit them as a a news organization, not that they had a Rebel News-specific ban - but they got a judge to let them in at the last minute. Trudeau doesn't take questions from them (a fair number of leaders don't, including Jagmeet Singh), and when pressed, accused them of spreading misinformation. There's a video on Twitter. He says they're not real reporters and won't call them a news organization. He has called them racist extremists in the past (specifically, after a Unite the Right rally in 2017 where, in the course of reporting about it, they decided that Richard Spencer had some pretty good ideas and that the 'white racial consciousness' was 'well thought out' - it was the same reporter who went on the Daily Stormer slightly later, Faith Goldy) and I guess that's where Ben got that quote. I don't know of anything more recent.

By 'Canadian banks are refusing mortgages to some conservatives there' Ben means that a bank declined Ezra Levant, specifically, from getting a commercial mortgage for an office. Levant blamed Trudeau, communists, and the Royal Bank.

By 'Trudeau has also sent his government goons to physically assault reporters working for Rebel News' he means that one of Trudeau's bodyguards stopped a reporter from ambushing Trudeau at an event (which, to be fair, shouldn't have happened because of covid, but that's a different issue). The reporter claims he was 'manhandled and shoved' and that his equipment was damaged. Given he works for Rebel News, I personally do not believe him and figure he either did a bit more than attempt to ask a question or is lying about the results. I don't trust cops but I trust Rebel News less.

So, as you might expect, all bullshit as usual! But since I figure Canadian news isn't real big down in the States I'd point out how.

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 1, 2022