Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/1346292119174975488

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I have two questions: why are Hillary and McCain wearing ski-boots (I know why Hillary is missing one shoe), and who is the lady w/ the plane necklace and the redhead with the gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Who’s the lady with the ankle holster?

Huma Abedin, Hillary's right hand and secret lesbian lover. She's also the wife of Anthony Weiner. Like, still.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Here’s the real Ben you’ve all been waiting for:

Not even backing the Strong Daddy Party. The love affair is over.

But wait! That’s not all:
...nevermind. Strong Daddy cannot fail.

I believe this cartoon is inspired by the fact that the secret service guy behind Biden during the inauguration was Chinese. Here's a sampling of thedonald subreddit spinoff being racist about it.

https://twitter.com/wwwdotyoutube/status/1352023756848427018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

Nomination: Worst Gaslighting
Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Kelly is the staff cartoonist for The Onion.

itskage posted:

So it's just a thing happened? I was expecting some brain worm conspiracy.

I think astronomical bodies predicting a civil war is sufficiently odd.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

rydiafan posted:

But the implication is that he didn't read it because he's a bad person, not because he's Jewish.

Why do you think that is the implication? One's a joke, the other's insulting a well-liked dead guy for no reason.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Randalor posted:

Actually, what happens if a hedge fund isn't able to buy back all the stocks? Would they just buy as many as they could, return what they can buy then declare bankruptcy all the while the lender is left missing X shares of stock Y?

Why, the government will bail them out of course.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That's about the time Ralls sued a fellow cartoonist who was emailing all their mutual friends in character as "Ralls' balls".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Politics aside, I would be really impressed by a snow-Q.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Apparently The Sun's cartoonist in the 80s was a big fan of Chick Tracts.
https://twitter.com/djmarkfarina/status/1358544219875414016

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

Maybe I'm just too dumb and American to pick up the subtleties of these but for the life of me I can never figure out what these people are actually arguing for. The government is imposing arbitrary lockdown rules that don't help but they're also lifting them too fast and also people are overreacting to COVID? I know these are coming from different political stances but still.

So you know that this is a sampling from across the political spectrum, but still you expect them to argue in a single voice. Why would you do that?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Maybe it's been discussed ad nausem, but i hate this style of lettering

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

rydiafan posted:

If Francisco Goya was a political cartoonist he'd be Rowe.

Goya was a political cartoonist.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Please stop talking about Lola Bunny until at least one cartoon is posted about her.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

Garrison works fast.

If some goon commissions him, it counts as cheating.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

I know it's probably because Garrison is a bad writer, but "a case could be made for racism" is....well that's a take

A sentence fragment isn't a "take" lol.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Go ahead, try and figure out what this political cartoon is about. I dare you.

The robot that's clearly based on Maria from Metropolis isn't the one woman robot. Sloppy!

Alhazred posted:

Norwegian strawberry farmers have trouble with finding workers because it's boring, hard work for low pay. The solution is not to increase the pay but to hire robots!

Is that a famous picture of strawberry pickers or something?
fake e: yes

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Except that Disney is too chickenshit to do this.

Why on earth would you engage w/ that dogshit hypothetical lol.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

What part of the drapes is she measuring here?

To save money, just swap out the part of the curtain that's visible to the outside.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

By popular demand posted:

is that an honest to god :umberto: ?

Im not entirely sure what you mean by that emoji, but probably not. The detained women is Priti Patel, the home secretary. I believe the comment Rowson is making is how the government's attempt to pass a bill making it easier for the police to break up protests has been made harder by the police breaking to a vigil for a murdered woman in the same week. Or something like that, it's not crystal clear to me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Randalor posted:

I don't know how to take this seriously when "White Fragility" is front and center on a comic that reads like the most "White fragility" thing ever. This is a parody, right? I would say there's no one stupid enough to be that blatant, but this is the PolToons thread and it is 2021.

It's sincere op

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Did you know trans people were the real Nazis, and vice versa? I don't know who this person is, but I'm sharing because she has a Sinfest comic in her profile. https://twitter.com/marstrina/status/1373628168200945673?s=20

Is the plan to share anything from anyone who possibly looked at a cartoon once?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What the gently caress.

While recording it to send to coworkers. Now this is a scandal w/ legs.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Do you think he turned the light on before or after firing an assault rifle over his daughter.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

SimonChris posted:

What's up with billionaire tax? Isn't this a list of evil things that democrats claim are different when they do them?

They padded that panel w/ a issues the intended audience feel are being ignored. Like, Biden's not orchestrating mass shootings for one thing. I guess in full it should read like, "lack of reform of student loans" but that's pretty wordy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Teacher suspended over use of Charlie Hebdo cartoons (Can't find original, apologies)

I can't even find the name of the guy. "Henri Baton" isn't returning many results.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can't even find the name of the guy. "Henri Baton" isn't returning many results.

I found it, it's by Henri Baron. Un Turc fume couché, I can't find out where the original is, drowned out by pinterest pins and sites selling prints.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Perestroika posted:

It's probably supposed to evoke the Fraktur font, which is basically the go-to Nazi font. But like everything Ishida does, it's done very badly.

Or to evoke the nordic runes that white nationalists are big fans of.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

My sex trafficking shirt has a lot of people asking questions etc etc

That meme does not apply to this situation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

"Bob the Angry Flower does an Attack On Titan reference" is not the kind of thing I had expected to see.

But then, seeing any kind of Attack On Titan thing in the Political Cartoons thread feels weird, because most of it is made by a bunch of white boomers.

BtAF is a webcomic, and therefore made by a colossal nerd, exactly the sort of person I would expect to reference an anime series.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Heliotrope posted:

Aren't there cartoons of his that just straight up support Q? Like, ou wouldn't even need to read the text underneath the cartoon to go "Oh this guy thinks Q is trustworthy."

He used to hide a lot of Qs around. The most glowing one I can remember was Uncle Sam climbing from a swamp to a sun-drenched Q-shaped plateau with an American flag waving in the breeze.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

I can imagine what the original cartoon must have been and lol at Asay thinking "ha HA we elected TV man from the cowboy movies and liked it" is some kind of own

I got curious and looked it up. Kapow! Whapash! Take that pessimisim!

Cagle's site is a really good archive for this. You need to do a little navigating by the URL bar but it's letting me access decades-old stuff and doesn't think to charge anything. You can go back to the time where the big wedge issue was gay marriage. Man, Asay would have made hay over trans atheletes, thank god he's dead or just retired.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

Anti-vaxx sentiment seems fairly split between the parties. lol @ rall having the trump-voting evangelical christian embracing the lefty trans black woman, though

Is that true? I thought party affiliation was a huge indicator of vaccination status, but I only think that because of a tweet I saw.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

ewiley posted:

I think there should be some kind of program to help highschool proto-libertarians recover and become productive members of society. This person is clearly crying for help.

It looks more like a problem with mental-health which had gotten obsessed with and taken cues from right-wing politics. They talk about buildings lighting up w/ energy taken from the atmosphere, and healing people through frequencies. That's not in any libertarian manifesto. And yeah, it would be nice if mental illnesses could be cared for.

Kit Walker posted:

I meant anti-vaxx stuff in general. For the covid vaccine the anti group is predominantly republican, yeah. Admittedly, I don’t know if the recent pandemic has had a knock on effect on general anti-vaxx sentiment

Oh yeah. I've not seen any tweets about that so you may be right.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

drat, how unforseeable. Ah well, nothing we could have done.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nope, it's still a Ted Rall cartoon. He's made a correct point by accident.

That is indeed what people mean by "AGC".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

"Only ultra-libs like Levar Burton" is one of the more baffling opinions I've seen in this thread.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mikl posted:

Re: Ivermectin, this Twitter thread explains it.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431040456364810242

tl;dr: America's Frontline Doctors, an organisation of anti-vaccine quacks who were boosted by Trump. First they started touting Hydroxychloroquine, but when Hydroxychloroquine didn't deliver (people kept dying even though they were given it for some reason), they switched to Ivermectin as the next "miracle cure."

Basically snake oil salesmen who have the ear of the alt-right and, more frightenly, several prominent GOP politicians.

It's worthwhile saying that AFD are partnered with a web-doctor, SpeakwithaMD, who would prescribe Invermictin for $90, and would then refer you to a partnered pharmacy to supply it. Then the Invermictin story got so successful Speak couldn't handle the demand, and that's when you get people raiding farm supply stores.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yep, the evacuation of Dunkirk sure was a noted British failure.

The rest of the cartoon is fine but that's a huge loving howler.

The evacuation was miraculously successful. Hanging the bulk of your army so that you need a miraculous evacuation was a fuckup.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

It's fun to imagine that Ramirez pronounces it Wokè. Other than that, this is a ludicrously melodramatic cartoon that is nevertheless sincerely arguing its point.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

When I think of all possible signs of America's decline, the one that jumps out to me, the main thing, is that some guy didn't get to host some tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cash can be exchanged for guns and helicopters.