Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Yeah, if there's one thing white supremacists are known for, it's their diversity of political ideology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Is that Zuckerberg spitting diarrhea through a butthole mouth?

Also, Garrison drawing Bezos as Hitler as though he wouldn't have been a collaborator and isn't still wringing his hands about the Jews with as much plausible deniability as he can muster.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I don't like Mitch the Elephant's lips.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the lockdown rule-flouters

This got a chuckle out of me.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've seen anti-vaxxers claim that the term is a slur meant to shut them down, except I'm pretty sure they came up with the term themselves, because it's a neutral description.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Keiya posted:

The Weathervane Awards? It's a dumb old joke, but it's a dumb old joke at our own expense.

I like this one.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I’ve seen Little Shop of Horrors, so I know that a plant demanding blood is better off dead.

Nice of Q to drown the MAGA hat wearing chud.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It should also be noted, like most quotes that parallel that one, that Mussolini did not make the trains run on time.

You shouldn't hand it to him even if he did, but the quote also holds the more insidious lie that fascists make capable statesmen.

A few months ago I read a book called "Tearing the Silence," a collection of interviews with German baby boomers living in America, focused around how people deal with being German in a post-holocaust world.

I think at least half the interviewees either said, or quoted their family as frequently saying, some variation of "at least Hitler built the Autobahn!"

It's hosed. It's more hosed up than the Mussolini lie, I think.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've actually learned quite a bit about the stock market in the past few days, and what I've learned is that it's a lot more bullshit than I realised.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Screw you, Duck, my non-denominational winter tree makes me smile and life is depressing and last year it came down on reading break. Might do the same this year.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I can't stop looking at Bigfoot's arms.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Valuable insight from Ted "gay people were cooler before same-sex marriage was legal because they were a scrappy oppressed group and now they're boring and normal" Rall!

My ex, a lesbian cis woman, sometimes said this. She bemoaned the loss of community which somehow didn't exist now that same sex marriage existed.

It was very weird.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

The teacher was not actually fat, I believe, just to clarify. She also was protecting them from debris from the tornado, not actually preventing them from being sucked into the tornado. None of this matters to Ted Rall.

Oh, what the absolute gently caress.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

lol at the idea of a minimum wage cashier being the one to reject the Trump voter, instead of being expected to suck up to everyone so matter how much of a jerk they're being

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Yeah, it's like a star of David that's lost a limb.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

wepawations fow slavewy owo

I'm so sorry

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Pretend I posted a gif of that deer running around with the severed head of another buck stuck in his antlers but with "workers" on his side or something.

Communism will eat the loser.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Man, I thought republicans were in favour of prosecuting former politicians for crimes committed in office!

Only if they're democrats, I guess.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'd like to see Lester define "humble" and then explain why his black straw man is not humble.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My father once said to me that the only thing I could do that would disappoint him would be to become an anti-vaxxer.

I haven't told him I'm non-binary yet so we'll see lol.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I would like to present this award for best naming choice to whichever Ellis Island ancestor chose Heckenlively.

Yeah, shame it's attached to such a dingbat.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There's room to criticize a for-profit healthcare system, sure, but "doctors haven't figured out a panacea to undo harmful runaway mutations in your somatic cells that have caused them to stop behaving how they're supposed to" isn't a reasonable one.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

GMO is just about my least favourite phrase, never fails to get my hackles up. I hate it.

Let's see, you can selectively breed and cross two types of corn with no control and hope the genes sort out in the way you want, or you can use some really incredible modern technology to change the exact gene you want to change and nothing else and get exactly the result you want on the first try.

But one is "unnatural" so that makes it magically bad I guess.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm so tired.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Yeah, I'm not actually full of sympathy for the financial hardship of someone who donates more to charity than I make in a year.

"Charity."

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Given Dr. Seuss's history of drawing racist war propaganda and then later REALLY regretting it and trying to make up for what he saw as a bad thing he'd done, I can't even believe that the man himself wouldn't go "oh, yeah, that's actually pretty awful, let's not publish that one anymore."

He had that rare talent of being able to self-examine and admit when he was wrong.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Take the name of Theodor Seuss Geisel out of your mouth, Garrison.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Somfin posted:

Wait what the gently caress she's defending Pepe Le Pew from being cancelled, which started happening I think like a decade or two ago, while depicting him as the bad guy in the cartoon she made about how the action that he's taking is unforgivable? What the hell?

Pepe Le Pew is not a loving romantic, he's a cross-species sexual predator, you loving creep Tina

Tina doesn't understand that fiction is reflective of the culture that produces it. All fiction is just neutral and does not portray any particular ideals, good or bad.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Love these cartoons where Meghan Markle is a villain and also drawn being several shades darker than she actually is in life.

War Wizard posted:

Lol at this weak gaslight. It didn't look like an odal ruin, it was an odal ruin.

It's an obvious, non-coincidental, appeal to symbolism. You can't DASGC it away, buddy.

While it's entirely possible to have accidentally made an odal-shaped stage, that the reaction to having this be pointed out was "how dare you attack us like this" and not "oh holy poo poo we didn't even realise" makes any lingering plausible deniability evaporate.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

"American Indian" is the mostly preferred nomenclature these days, isn't it?

Honestly, in Canada, "Indian" is considered pretty drat rude, unless you yourself are first nations, in which case you can call yourself whatever you like.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah I know that in Canada it's First Nation, which is honestly cooler and actually accurate but I'm not going to tell people what they should want to be called.

Oh yeah, absolutely.

I also dislike "Indian" because it's inexact. If you say we're going out for Indian food, I'm going to expect curry and naan, not bannock and whipped soapberries.

Not that the latter is unwelcome, I just want to know ahead of time.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

DrakePegasus posted:

I skipped the last two years or so of these threads for my mental health, and for some reason thought checking out the Kellies nominees would be a good idea. I stopped halfway through Least Concealed Bigotry. I literally feel sick. How do y’all still do this?

In my own case? A lot of self-loathing.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The nuclear button has been put into storage, safely tucked up in the attic with other unwanted antiques.

Garrison thinks this is a bad thing.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm generally not comfortable wishing illness on people, but if Garrison could get COVID and have lungs as hosed up as mine have been for the last year, I'd be really into that.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

but the idea of an AFAB person feeling more comfortable outside of the traditional gender binary fucks up the incredibly stupid TERF narrative that the author buys into

hell yeah, my existence is justified

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Oh, I'm sorry, was this supposed to be a bad thing?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

gently caress, i also ❤️ pudding and naps

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

It took me a long time to understand American jokes about the DMV.

The longest I have ever had to wait in any government office for any reason was the last time I had to renew my driver's license and it was maybe half an hour, because I showed up and it was really busy that day, but I didn't have any pressing appointments when I showed up at 11am so I just waited.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Some norwegian women wrote some mean editorials about men.

Oh no, that must have been terrible. What a crime.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This rant physically aged me at least a year. Jesus christ he's so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This is the least spicy take I could make right now but drat, those are some hideous elephants.