Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

WandaVision isn't really for me—the sitcom gimmick wore out so fast lol—but glad it's been received well. I like Wanda's character. I wish her costume wasn't so boring though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The main takeaway from WandaVision is that Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany are incredibly charming together, have great chemistry and comedic timing and were criminally underused and mishandled in the MCU proper.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

McSpanky posted:

The main takeaway from WandaVision is that Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany are incredibly charming together, have great chemistry and comedic timing and were criminally underused and mishandled in the MCU proper.

Basically this, plus some praise for Kathryn Hahn.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

Basically this, plus some praise for Kathryn Hahn.

:doh: Yes, Kathryn Hahn's also a champ in both a fairly subtle supporting role and rising to the forefront in the latest episode. I hope this is her springboard to greater exposure and success, she deserves it.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

If they kill her off here, they should just put her in the mainline series as Spider-Verse Doc Ock.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

McSpanky posted:

Yeah. Outside of the leads the whole thing is lame and I didn’t feel the need to watch it all

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I've been hating WandaVision to be honest, although for some inscrutable reason I still choose to watch it every week. The sitcom bits are dreadfully unfunny and I just don't care about the characters or the drip feed of revelations relating to some villain from a Scarlet Witch book.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

WandaVision has been pretty cool so far with the exception of some hand-holdy segments once the SWORD stuff starts interjecting

Hopefully the pay off is actually ambitious and it doesn't amount to "we radically changed the status quo!...for a few episodes but then we reset it because magic" which would be the wrong lesson to adopt from comics

Look into your heart if the MCU will change the status quo and despair. Or watch something good instead idk

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wandavision is fine for what it is, a backdoor pilot for Teyonah Parris's Photon

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Blue Beetle has been announced for the DCEU. The Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle, thankfully.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Hahn is criminally underrated, she stole so many scenes from John C Reilly and Adam Scott I heard that Will Ferrell got Sean William Scott flashbacks

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Could be another fake out, but looks like the official title of Spider-Man 3 is "Spider-Man: No Way Home"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/NadriaTucker/status/1364619228628750340?s=19

Reminder: Geoff Johns is a piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/NadriaTucker/status/1364601110619545607?s=19

Also some background
https://twitter.com/TheFirstOkiro/status/1364582425670508545?s=19

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Fisher literally just posted this.

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1364643265421664263?s=20

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Holy poo poo.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Holy poo poo.
If it was anyone else I'd assume they were joking

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

My jaw literally dropped. What the gently caress

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC67JmrrXk

Well, that's...almost something.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I appreciate how the three of them are still dressed like nerdy high schoolers even when not in character

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

uhhh :catstare:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

DC Murderverse posted:

I appreciate how the three of them are still dressed like nerdy high schoolers even when not in character

Oy, guvner! Fancy a bit of Spider-Manin'?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I love that Tom Holland got that movie made cause he drunk called Sony and Marvel one night.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tom Holland owns.

He should make a movie directed by Tom Holland

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I wonder who was for and who was against?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/blade-likely-pg-13-marvel-studios-kevin-feige-teases/

To be clear, the headline is clickbait and Feige says they “haven’t run into” an MCU story that feels like it needs to be R. But if that includes Blade, :rip:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1364677892228194304

this_is_fine.jpg

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Read the comments.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I know I've said this at least a half dozen times but I have a cousin that works for Disney and they treated (and continue to treat) her like absolute poo poo, Disney is a garbage company, we have bad copyright laws because of them, they are the worst. The worst!!!!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

“Look, they’re at home, watching a video. What else do you want?l - Disney’s lawyers probably

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I want to catch up on the MCU and I'm annoyed that I apparently just can't rent Far From Home or Venom online. I am not going to buy either because there is no need to watch any MCU movie more than once.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Roman posted:

I want to catch up on the MCU and I'm annoyed that I apparently just can't rent Far From Home or Venom online. I am not going to buy either because there is no need to watch any MCU movie more than once.

If it makes a difference to you, Venom is not in the MCU.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Klungar posted:

If it makes a difference to you, Venom is not in the MCU.

Ehh, that has yet to be determined. Morbius (assuming it ever comes out) apparently is going to be, since Vulture is going to be in it, and it seems like Sony is setting up some sort of universe of Spidey villain movies. So if Venom gets a sequel, it might be technically in the MCU.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

unironically want the Black suit spider-movie where Peter Parker inherits the powers of Tom Hardy

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

hiddenriverninja posted:

unironically want the Black suit spider-movie where Peter Parker inherits the powers of Tom Hardy

But also only if it is Tobey Maguire.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Look it's true that MCU "crossover" stuff tends to be perfunctory and cameo-y but the idea of Holland getting bullied by a twitchy Hardy is just too drat good. I want to see it, as well as the inevitable team-up scene where Hardy's Venom form adds a big ole' spider to his chest as a show of solidarity.

Since every time I post one of these fanfic-y requests it actually happens ("I want a Moon Knight show" "bring back Blade") I'm putting this out into the world.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Venom can be such a fun character that bridges goofball and horrific monster. The movie wasn't super good or anything but Tom Hardy did an admirable job getting weird with it.

Spidey and Venom teaming up against Carnage would be a lot of fun if they keep the visual noise well under control.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

The best of multiverse crossovers is how it will let Disney make their actors even more replaceable.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

thrawn527 posted:

Ehh, that has yet to be determined. Morbius (assuming it ever comes out) apparently is going to be, since Vulture is going to be in it, and it seems like Sony is setting up some sort of universe of Spidey villain movies. So if Venom gets a sequel, it might be technically in the MCU.
I think the way it works is that Sony isn't quite MCU canon but MCU is Sony canon. Kind of like how Alien exists in the Predator franchise but not really vice versa.

The little brother technically gets to play too but they're actually giving him an unplugged MadCatz controller and telling him he's doing great.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Uhh.....

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1365350572287807491

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If you've ever read JJ Abrams's Superman: Flyby you should be very, very concerned at this news.