Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah IIRC his intention was like "it's a martial arts guy so I train for martial arts stuff right?" But whoever was running the show had the intention of wanting a wiry person and also decided to not only give them zero time but in some cases the fight scenes were literally unknown to the people performing them until the day they were filming them. I mean they knew like "we're shooting the ___ fight today" but they got no prep or knowledge of how it was supposed to go til they were there.

Scott Buck. Responsible for the last season of Dexter and...The Inhumans. I remember when they were talking up the look of the latter and how it was gonna rock in IMAX and it ended up looking like cheap trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The villains of Star Wars rock. It’s fun to see stormtroopers and kylo Ren.

People need to calm down a little bit

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Noob Saibot posted:

Jessica Jones is in She-Hulk supposedly

And Feige has already said they'd use Jon Bernthal if they bring back the Punisher.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Noob Saibot posted:

Jessica Jones is in She-Hulk supposedly

That could be fun - especially if Ritter channels a bit of Chloe from "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" as Jessica.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Everyone posted:

That could be fun - especially if Ritter channels a bit of Chloe from "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" as Jessica.

Aw, miss that show.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah IIRC his intention was like "it's a martial arts guy so I train for martial arts stuff right?" But whoever was running the show had the intention of wanting a wiry person and also decided to not only give them zero time but in some cases the fight scenes were literally unknown to the people performing them until the day they were filming them. I mean they knew like "we're shooting the ___ fight today" but they got no prep or knowledge of how it was supposed to go til they were there.

Scott Buck was and is a complete fuckup but it was recently revealed by the show's stunt coordinator that Finn Jones had ample opportunity to practice and learn the fight choreography and didn't, and the whole "practicing 15 minutes before the scenes" stuff was probably Jones covering his own rear end for being a lazy piece of poo poo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

McSpanky posted:

Scott Buck was and is a complete fuckup but it was recently revealed by the show's stunt coordinator that Finn Jones had ample opportunity to practice and learn the fight choreography and didn't, and the whole "practicing 15 minutes before the scenes" stuff was probably Jones covering his own rear end for being a lazy piece of poo poo.

That's really hosed up of him, just say you blew it coward.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
And then he blamed Donald trump for the show sucking,i mean i hate donald trump as much as the next guy but….

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
You under no circumstances gotta Iron Fist it to Finn Jones.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Grendels Dad posted:

You under no circumstances gotta Iron Fist it to Finn Jones.

Maybe Awkwafina's character can become the new Iron Fist. Knowing Awkwafina, she'd probably want to name the character Iron Vagina. Which would work for me.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
The mediocre fight choreography isn’t what made Iron Fist bad. It contributed to is sucking, but it was in no way the silver bullet. The show had bad writing; I remember agreeing with his family that Danny Rand sucked and probably shouldn’t be running the company. He had zero chemistry with Jessica Henwick. And while I liked her in other projects, she also phoned in her role imo.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Everyone posted:

Maybe Awkwafina's character can become the new Iron Fist. Knowing Awkwafina, she'd probably want to name the character Iron Vagina. Which would work for me.

Oof, nah. Jessica Henwick though? :frogon:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Make Ward Meachum the Jack Burton to Colleen Wing's Iron Fist.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

AmbientParadox posted:

The mediocre fight choreography isn’t what made Iron Fist bad. It contributed to is sucking, but it was in no way the silver bullet. The show had bad writing; I remember agreeing with his family that Danny Rand sucked and probably shouldn’t be running the company. He had zero chemistry with Jessica Henwick. And while I liked her in other projects, she also phoned in her role imo.

No, I agree, nothing worked. It's a show about magic kung fu from a fantasy realm, and most of the conflict is Danny fumbling through corporate proceedings, and the random Succession-y scheming of Ward* and Joy Meachum. On a fundamental storytelling level, they didn't seem to know what the story is about or why anyone was interested in the character. The bad fight choreo just added insult to injury.

I'm convinced the Ta Lo and CG dragon from Shang-Chi was partly informed by the failings of IF. The show ran for 2 seasons, about a character whose claim to fame is being the best martial artist in the world, with a magical glowing fist inherited from a dragon he punched in the heart. They never show the dragon, or the fight. He routinely gets beaten up by random goons. It'd be like if Batman never put on a mask, never really fought crime, and the story was mostly about Wayne Corp. board meetings.

*(It also sucks that Tom Pelphrey is easily the best actor on the show, genuinely great but in a role that didn't need to exist. The fact he didn't even get nominated for an Emmy for Ozark is goddamn crazy.)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Xealot posted:

*(It also sucks that Tom Pelphrey is easily the best actor on the show, genuinely great but in a role that didn't need to exist. The fact he didn't even get nominated for an Emmy for Ozark is goddamn crazy.)

Close, but David Wenham gave a legitimately amazing performance in Iron Fist and I would him do his crazy Harold Meachum routine in a spinoff show.

The hot dog scene, when he gives his assistant the rest of the day off at 11:58, and when he monologues after scooping his assistant's eyes out are fantastic.

Or any scene where he is verbally traumatizing his kids in his crazy person zombie accent.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 9, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Oof, nah. Jessica Henwick though? :frogon:

I've never seen even one episode of Iron Fist but sheer osmosis compels me to fine with Jessica Henwick in that role. Though I do want her to meet Katy for Katy to suggest Iron Vagina as Colleen's "Superhero name."

I'm just mildly amazed that Disney allowed Awkwafina to suggest that vaginas (or any genitals) exist in the MCU.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1469014483590955021

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

How do you fumble that kind of golden ticket? She could've easily been the new build around person for the MCU (or at least second behind Spider-Man) for the next decade and then had whatever kind of career she wanted.

Now best case scenario is that this doesn't crater her career so much that she ends up as Candace Owen's understudy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

See ya!!! 👋🏻 Good riddance to pro-plague believers!

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mat Cauthon posted:

How do you fumble that kind of golden ticket? She could've easily been the new build around person for the MCU (or at least second behind Spider-Man) for the next decade and then had whatever kind of career she wanted.

Now best case scenario is that this doesn't crater her career so much that she ends up as Candace Owen's understudy.

The brainworms are just that strong sometimes.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Just cancel Black Panther 2 already. It's doomed.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I wonder if that means Pratt is vaxxed. A lot of people have been speculating that he's picking up lots of voice roles so he doesn't have to go onto sets with vaccine mandates and he's definitely the type, but he has a number of other live-action projects in the works including a few MCU things. Then again he is probably one of the bigger Marvel actors who could get away with bullshit now that RDJ and Evans are gone.

edit:

quote:

During the summer of 2021, Disney issued a mandate for COVID-19 vaccinations on their sets. That mandate reportedly didn’t apply to Black Panther 2, as it was already underway, but will for future Marvel Cinematic Universe productions. If Letitia Wright is unvaccinated and doesn’t want to change that, she may be frustrated and ready to be done with Marvel/Disney.

Or maybe he just has better managers telling him to to ride it out.

Ror fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 10, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think Pratt is vaxxed. He just won’t talk about it probably. Not that it would matter if he told all his right wing fans to do it. They don’t care

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ror posted:

Or maybe he just has better managers telling him to to ride it out.

Yeah I'm sure he's vaxxed but he's probably less of a dumbass than Wright in this case. Like I'd at least "put up" with whatever rules they have going on to get the first movie done so I could just retire on that and toy royalties or something.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Mat Cauthon posted:

The one consistent thread I’ve seen across all these antivaxx wacko’s is that they are completely and utterly genuine in their paranoid beliefs, to an absolutely psychotic degree.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

The one consistent thread I’ve seen across all these antivaxx wacko’s is that they are completely and utterly genuine in their paranoid beliefs, to an absolutely psychotic degree.

Yeah, being a true anti-vaxxer requires you to just not listen to anything that's based in reality while insisting you're correct in spite of everything, so it's not surprising that someone would potentially derail their own career over it. I know quite a few conservative people who are politically against the vaccine but they've all gotten it because the personal consequences of refusing it aren't worth it to them. But once they start spouting off weird poo poo there's just no reasoning with them.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like Black Panther 2 should just be cancelled at this point.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is what recasting is for

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If they can recast Banner and Rhodey, they can recast Shuri.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Is Scarlett Johannson free now that Black Widow is dead?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

She's gonna be cast as Psylocke when they introduce X-Men into the MCU.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

teagone posted:

If they can recast Banner and Rhodey, they can recast Shuri.

Rhodey was in like 2 scenes in Ironman 1 so I didn’t even notice he was recast for 2

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

teagone posted:

She's gonna be cast as Psylocke when they introduce X-Men into the MCU.

When I realized why you said her specifically I couldn't stop from grinning

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Neo Rasa posted:

In November Feige said “We are already working with Scarlett on another non-Black-Widow-related top-secret Marvel Studios project with her as a producer" but offered no other hints. Sounds like the lawsuit was just Hollywood business as usual and maybe she got another visit from the money truck.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RatHat posted:

Rhodey was in like 2 scenes in Ironman 1 so I didn’t even notice he was recast for 2

Ok, sure. But Norton's Banner had his own whole rear end movie.

Burkion posted:

When I realized why you said her specifically I couldn't stop from grinning

:twisted:

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Roth posted:

I feel like Black Panther 2 should just be cancelled at this point.

If the main star did interrupt production because of non-compliance with a vaccine mandate, would insurance pay out? Would the producers be able to litigate against that actor and sue them?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

See also Gina Carano, Dean Cain, Kevin Sorba

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

McCloud posted:

See also Gina Carano, Dean Cain, Kevin Sorba

drat I knew about Carano and Sorbo but didn't realize Dean Cain had joined the dark side too

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Neo Rasa posted:

drat I knew about Carano and Sorbo but didn't realize Dean Cain had joined the dark side too
lol Dean Cain made a big deal about starring in the right wing chudoverse "play" about Lisa Page and Peter Strzok

It was just him sitting in a chair reading texts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dean lame