Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

The one bad guy's superpower being entropy/decay was pretty rad too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvnOZiCXudk

Lol that that's the only video of it I can find too

This is a cheap but great gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

What the hell is the context for the Ghost Rider holding guns in a John Wick suit? I'd watch a John Wick version of Ghost Rider.

well why not posted:

Tenet is worth watching, and then never thinking about again. It's a neat exercise in filmmaking, but it absolutely sucks as a movie. It's impressive on a technical level, but there's a reason there's no études on the radio.

Yes. I didn't bother seeing it until it wound up on HBO, and I don't regret that choice. I typically find Nolan's movies kind of sterile, but Tenet is basically inhuman, a totally pedantic formal exercise. The whole time I felt like I was watching mannequins staged in an endless series of grey and beige industrial spaces. Airport tarmacs, institutional hallways, warehouses, shipping containers. Every interaction existed to serve up really dense exposition, and not once did I feel a single thing.

Interstellar manages to pull real stakes out of the "humanity struggles against the indifferent cosmos" thing. You might think Tenet would attempt something similar - humanity pushes back against bleak determinism - and maybe that's what it was trying to do...but goddamn did I not care about any one of them. When it ended, I felt like I just watched a 2 hour video of something assembling a puzzle, and the picture it formed was the instructions to an air conditioner.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/The_Illuminerdi/status/1401948554764046337

Full disclosure, I have no idea how reliable this site is.

edit: Apparently the answer is, not even a little reliable. My mistake.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 8, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

in the bts of Ghost Rider 2 you could see flashes of Cage wearing his de los meurtos makeup, which he insisted he wore for every scene where he was Ghost Rider.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do admit it would have been cool to see Chadwick play opposite of Namor if the two countries duked it out. Even better if we get an introduction to Doom as the villain behind the scheme. Just a bunch of kings messing around.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

thrawn527 posted:

Full disclosure, I have no idea how reliable this site is.

Not at all. It’s on the WeGotThisCovered tier of pure poppycock.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shageletic posted:

in the bts of Ghost Rider 2 you could see flashes of Cage wearing his de los meurtos makeup, which he insisted he wore for every scene where he was Ghost Rider.

It's so great :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2mjhdF6Pog

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

watching season 4 of agents of shield to see the ghost rider poo poo. have never watched any of the rest of this show, is every single character supposed to be this loving unlikeable? Jesus what a bunch of catty bickering losers

coulson and may seem cool but other than that christ I hate all of these people

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mandrel posted:

watching season 4 of agents of shield to see the ghost rider poo poo. have never watched any of the rest of this show, is every single character supposed to be this loving unlikeable? Jesus what a bunch of catty bickering losers

coulson and may seem cool but other than that christ I hate all of these people

It's a godawful show. I saw three seasons of it because I watched it with a roommate and there are extremely brief glimpses of fun (Kyle MacLachlan is great in season 2) but it's mostly a typical network slog. Even people who seem to love it pull that "you need to watch episodes 1-3, then 5-8, then 11-16 and THEN it starts to get good!" kinda poo poo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nah, AoS is fun, but of course you're not going to have any context for the characters if you drop in at season 4. The first season had to spin its wheels until the MCU did the Hydra reveal, but otherwise it's a light and fun action show with a surprising amount of character development.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Pretty sure some of the gun sounds in Ghost Rider 2 are from counter strike

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Klungar posted:

Not at all. It’s on the WeGotThisCovered tier of pure poppycock.

Oh, drat. Sorry for sharing then.

I will leave it up as a testament to my shame, with a disclaimer.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Is stuff like this the norm for Ghost Rider comics? That character(s) seems like you can get really dumb and over-the-top with it in the good way.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LesterGroans posted:

It's a godawful show. I saw three seasons of it because I watched it with a roommate and there are extremely brief glimpses of fun (Kyle MacLachlan is great in season 2) but it's mostly a typical network slog. Even people who seem to love it pull that "you need to watch episodes 1-3, then 5-8, then 11-16 and THEN it starts to get good!" kinda poo poo.

sticklefifer posted:

Nah, AoS is fun, but of course you're not going to have any context for the characters if you drop in at season 4. The first season had to spin its wheels until the MCU did the Hydra reveal, but otherwise it's a light and fun action show with a surprising amount of character development.

Not only was the first season spinning its wheels for the loooooongest time but the schedule was hosed up so quite often there were weeks-long gaps between episodes - it was okay up until November then there was one episode in December, two in January, one in March, and then from April onwards it went back to weekly - which made it an even more excruciating slog

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Not only was the first season spinning its wheels for the loooooongest time but the schedule was hosed up so quite often there were weeks-long gaps between episodes - it was okay up until November then there was one episode in December, two in January, one in March, and then from April onwards it went back to weekly - which made it an even more excruciating slog

Wasn't that because it was trying to show continuity with the MCU?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Agents of poo poo

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Pillowpants posted:

I only really watched Agents of Shield because of its tie-ins with the MCU and how I could fudge it in my brain to connect everything together.
Then they tried to work around Infinity War and Endgame and just gave up because they couldn't coordinate properly. I think Season 6 starts with it no longer being in sync with the movies and I just lost all interest.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I had no idea it lasted that long.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Pillowpants posted:

At first, yes. Marvel Studios/Disney were pushing the "It's All Connected" marketing really hard. AoS was the first really big piece of that, but Marvel Studios and Marvel Television wouldn't synch up because Kevin Feige (Studios Head) and Ike Perlmutter (TV Head) were apparently feuding over creative details.

Here's my vague recollection of each season and how it all went down...

S1 - Started strong, and really landing the ending. But the middle episodes were boooooooring and went absolutely nowhere until they were allowed to make the Hydra reveal, RE: Winter Soldier. This show nearly made itself get cancelled over how much viewership they lost between episodes 3 and 17(!).

S2 - Inhumans! Honestly, it was a good season of television and Kyle MacLachlan chewed up a lot of scenery.

S3 - AoS goes into hyperdrive trying to drop in any and all references to Marvel stuff they can to make you recall "it's connected, for real..." but really could have done with an episode diet. Otherwise, they ran Inhumans totally into the ground. Later that year after Feige was made "god emperor of Marvel Studios" or whatever, he cancelled the announced Inhumans movie and this really began the "it ain't connected any more" part of the series.

S4 - I'm pretty sure AoS had pinned a lot on that Inhumans movie, so this season really went astray and had 3 stories. Ghost Rider was good poo poo! Won't lie, I really enjoyed those. Then we got into Life Model Decoys (LMD), and that was mostly pretty godamned boring. Theeeen they spun off into the "mainframe" or something, I can't remember what they called it, but it was suddenly "Agents of Hydra" and they had to deal with bizarro versions of themselves. I hated everything after Ghost Rider on this season. Some people really enjoyed that stuff. Different strokes, I guess.

S5 - This is where my memory started to get foggy and I had to cheat by looking up stuff, but now the gang goes to space! In the future! No it doesn't make sense and it's silly, but comics! Anyway, this sucked and by this point the *only* connective tissue back to the MCU is Coulson and... I guess the fact they reintroduced a lovely version of the Kree. At this point I would let 3 or 4 weeks pass then burn through episodes playing in the background while I did other things.

S6 - So when the gang escapes this space hell and think they fixed the timeline, they go to the future - again - but it's a dystopian one. And now there is another bizarro Coulson called Sarge... and... honestly I got sidetracked from the show at some point and just couldn't muster the energy for it. My memory is super foggy, but it got really exhausting at this point. It was also annoying because Coulson actually had a really well done send-off at the end of S5, and then they just undid it with an alternate dimension version.

S7 - I have no idea. This has been saved on my YouTubeTV library for over a year now. I just remember hearing there is even more time travel and they cross over with the old Agent Carter show somehow.

So there you have it. Half memory, and about 2.5% that I had to look up because I forgot how much space stuff was in S5 and S6 and which was which.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Doronin posted:

S7 - I have no idea. This has been saved on my YouTubeTV library for over a year now. I just remember hearing there is even more time travel and they cross over with the old Agent Carter show somehow.

Yeah, they're thrown back in time but don't particularly have control over it. Their ship surges forward in time an indeterminate amount every so often, on the tail of time-traveling alien robots with a convoluted plan to destroy Earth. Or colonize it? I forget their goal, but they're destabilizing things across time and the heroes are trying to stop them. Also, Coulson is there but as an LMD who is aware he's a copy of the real guy.

It's essentially a retrospective victory lap season, where they run into past villains or plots and change a lot of things about their own continuity. Part of it takes place in the late 40's, concurrent with Agent Carter, and Enver Gjokaj's character Sousa becomes a recurring part of the crew. I liked it for what it was, which was a pulpy sci-fi adventure story that understood it was part of a middling genre show.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
AoS also had the Darkhold and Ghost Rider took it back to hell. Now Wanda has it. Will they mention that ever? Probably not but I would like to see Ghost Rider vs Wanda.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Zero One posted:

AoS also had the Darkhold and Ghost Rider took it back to hell. Now Wanda has it. Will they mention that ever? Probably not but I would like to see Ghost Rider vs Wanda.

Runaways brought it back first. I didn't watch that show, but somehow Morgan le Fey got a hold of it and brought it back from the Dark Dimension. I'm not sure if the DD = Hell in the MCU or what, but it would kind of explain how she could get it from Ghost Rider, and then it fell into Agatha's hands from there somehow.

Or WandaVision's just ignoring both shows and doing its own thing, which is more likely.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm fundamentally ok with the magic evil hell book just constantly ending up in the hands of evil fuckers for reasons.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

I assume it has a One Ring quality, where it enacts some malevolent cosmic will to wind up in the custody of whoever is most susceptible to its thing. It doesn't just stay on an evil bookshelf, it goes where the action is.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

sticklefifer posted:

Or WandaVision's just ignoring both shows and doing its own thing, which is more likely.

I figure if they wanted to keep it in line with the AoS Darkhold they would have made it at least look like each other.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the ghost rider stuff was ok but yeah I’m out after I guess he’s done for the season, I youtubed the bit where he comes back at the finale

pretty much what I expected out of an MCU ghost rider though. solid performance from a good actor, fairly uninspired and uncreative otherwise. budget really shows in them only fleetingly using the skull and otherwise having him just use vague fire powers. not onscreen killing anyone that’s not already a ghost. Vague allusion to religious iconography without explicitly committing to exploring it, using the flashback where he gets it for a cameo and leaving the door open for a “scientific” explanation. b o r i n g

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
You shouldn't be legally allowed to watch Agents of Shield until you've read The Iliad, every Platonic dialogue, the Aeneid, Augustine, Beowulf, Kant, War and Peace, Crime and Punishment, and Mrs Dalloway.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I figure if they wanted to keep it in line with the AoS Darkhold they would have made it at least look like each other.
To be fair the AoS book looks really silly because it literally says Darkhold on the cover in English in an over-stylized font. It looks like a logo. The WandaVision one is also silly because it looks like Stan Lee which is a better level of silly.

But yeah, they were ignoring both shows and doing their own thing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The cartoon sequence explaining how Deals with the Devil works ending with a recreation of the Wish You Were here cover owned and I wish it was on youtube.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I remember reading somewhere that the book can shapeshift. The ones in Runaways & AoS looked the same. Also the cover font was that kind of lettering where it's the same upside down.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2568689/suicide-squad-editor-shares-major-changes-made-david-ayer-version-jared-leto-joker

ayer's version has cycled back into the news, again

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I remember it was in this thread that someone posted "obviously the character flashbacks were originally supposed to be spaced out throughout the film" and it made me go, gently caress, of course. Instantly had a better movie in my head when I adjusted for that. Glad to see they were right.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

I remember it was in this thread that someone posted "obviously the character flashbacks were originally supposed to be spaced out throughout the film" and it made me go, gently caress, of course. Instantly had a better movie in my head when I adjusted for that. Glad to see they were right.

pretty sure it was Josh04 who also made a really good video on the film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvRFplhQ7U

It's a really video if you've not watched it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Love and Thunder Cameo rumor supposedly all the actors from Loki's play are returning for the new Thor so I'm really hoping that The Tragedy of Loki the Wise is such a Smash that it's touring all the different pantheons.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

LesterGroans posted:

An odd vestigial of this is Harley recalling jumping into the Ace Chemicals vat in the stairwell.
Also obviously the part where her and Deadshot hook up.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

LesterGroans posted:

Also wasn't the big machine Enchantress was assembling going to be a boomtube or whatever to call call Darkseid instead of just this big machine that's a pile of wreckage that will do...something bad...somehow...that entire part of the released movie was so sudden and weirdly paced.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Enchantress spending hours juicing up her WAP via gyrations to open the Mother Tube to the Cockseid

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Xealot posted:

Yeah, they're thrown back in time but don't particularly have control over it. Their ship surges forward in time an indeterminate amount every so often, on the tail of time-traveling alien robots with a convoluted plan to destroy Earth. Or colonize it? I forget their goal, but they're destabilizing things across time and the heroes are trying to stop them. Also, Coulson is there but as an LMD who is aware he's a copy of the real guy.

It's essentially a retrospective victory lap season, where they run into past villains or plots and change a lot of things about their own continuity. Part of it takes place in the late 40's, concurrent with Agent Carter, and Enver Gjokaj's character Sousa becomes a recurring part of the crew. I liked it for what it was, which was a pulpy sci-fi adventure story that understood it was part of a middling genre show.

That actually doesn't sound bad. When the show was good, it was really good and enjoyable so a greatest hits approach sounds fun. I may finally give in and watch it soon, just to see what else Loki all but officially wiped clean from the canon in the first episode of that show this week.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Rick Flagg, especially, makes no sense because they explain his entire tragic backstory and then shift to him being a complete rear end in a top hat to everyone and the "mystery" of why the monster-things are trying to capture instead of kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neo Rasa posted:

Also wasn't the big machine Enchantress was assembling going to be a boomtube or whatever to call call Darkseid instead of just this big machine that's a pile of wreckage that will do...something bad...somehow...that entire part of the released movie was so sudden and weirdly paced.

It's funny in retrospect that Snyder was doing all the work to set up a consistent story arc and sequel hooks for wild cosmic poo poo just like Infinity War and WB nixed them all.