Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I really don't understand why y'all read Twitter. I really don't. It is literally designed to piss you off.

It's like all social media, if you only follow toxic people you will only get toxic messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Moriarty is the best thing about Sherlock in my opinion, Andrew Scott is great in the role.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
As a (former) Joss Whedon fanboy this has been pretty rough to hear, and I feel bad that so many cast members have had to keep this a secret for so long.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Mat Cauthon posted:

IIRC Charisma Carpenter has been openly telling the story about Whedon's verbal abuse, firing her for getting pregnant, and deliberately bringing her back on Angel just to kill her off after explicitly promising that he wouldn't do that (because otherwise she wouldn't have agreed) for at least 5 years now? Maybe longer. I am not exactly a close follower of industry whisper network stuff and I remember hearing about it back when Whedon got tapped to do Age of Ultron.

I don't want it to sound like i'm defending him now that I know what he has done.
But as far as I remember her complaint was more along the line of her not having much of a role in the last season, and now she is a lot more explicit about what he did.

The only other cast complaint that I heard was Nicholas Brendon complaining that Xander couldn't be buff.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
To be fair, all the other teachers including Dumbledore treat Harry like he is royalty, and constantly bend the rules to benefit him and his house.
Snape may be an rear end in a top hat at times, but half the time he comes off as the bad guy for treating Harry and his friends like normal students.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Cythereal posted:

Shut up about relitigating Black Panther for the millionth time.

https://twitter.com/lovethundernews/status/1368294584447537166

A small part of me is looking forward to the outrage from the comicsgate/gamergate crowd, that will happen when this film and the Ms. Marvel series comes out. It is going to be delicious to watch.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

McCloud posted:

I agree with all of this. It was going strong until the last 2 episodes where all the build up and mystery was resolved with a wet fart. I also hate how they kept teasing poo poo that ended in bullshit fake outs.

What did they tease that didn't pay off?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Everyone posted:

I never watched a single episode of Dawson's Creek and it somehow still annoyed me to the point that I didn't get into Fringe until well into the second season just because one of the stars was Joshua Jackson AKA Pacey from DC.

I don't think he gets enough props for his work on Fringe. Everyone pales compared to John Noble, but Jackson was really good also.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Do we have an actual quote for the 25 million per episode? Given the big variety in runtime and special effects needed, it doesn't make sense that both episode 1 and episode 9 cost the same.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't understand the appeal of Harley Quinn in any media, but besides that the trailer looks fun.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I'm sure that WB can find another director to film the same four superheroes standing around in the dark looking grim.
It would probably have been better for New Gods if the Snyder cut had been a flop. Now WB doesn't have any reason to try anything new.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

teagone posted:

Just a reminder this goon stood up for Joss Whedon. This goon defended Joss Whedon. Willingly. Justa fuckin' reminder.

Good of you to misrepresent old posts. I stood up for him back when there were essentially two complaints against him, one of which was that the guy who played Xander was upset that his character wasn't buff and manly enough, the other was Charisma Carpenter who hadn't revealed anything of what really happened on Angel. When it was clear what an awful person he was I expressed that, just like anyone else.
It's not like you had psychic powers, you just really hated the guy as long as I can remember because his work wasn't dark and dreary enough.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Jimbot posted:

This makes no sense. You're agreeing with some empty suits that no one wants to see a character so soon after them appearing in another film before talking about being excited for The Batman - a film featuring a character everyone just saw and will be depicted completely differently. Just let that sink in a little bit.

Justice League was a massive success, especially for HBOMax, and it showed people were open to seeing films that weren't 2 hour clones of Marvel films. Had the film flopped we'd be seeing the same thing and folks like you would still find a way to blame Snyder. Don't be a corporate bootlicker because you don't like a director.

How may people watched (Snyder's) Justice League because of the New Gods? Probably about as many as watched Infinity War to see more cosmic marvel.
Sure the movie itself could have made people hyped for New Gods, but do you think the people at WB think like that? They see Snyder doing what DC has done best since Batman Begins, which is to make dark and gritty superheroes that are opposed to the light comedy Marvel puts out.

I have nothing against Snyder, and I am happy that he actually got to make his movie even if it doesn't seem to be my thing. But let's be honest, this thread is essentially the Zack Snyder fanclub, and has been for years, even slight criticism is heavily frowned upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

The DC heroes are only dark and gritty if you're under 10 years old or a sheltered STEM bookworm.

They are pretty dark and gritty compared to most comicbook stories.

I'm sorry, but anyone who was holding up Whedon's Buffy, Firefly, or Dollhouse (lol) work in 2019 as "amazing tv" needs to take the next exit from the conversation.

Buffy is genuinely a great tv show, especially for its time and the importance it had on genre tv. But of course it has aged as all things do. I wouldn't call the rest of his work amazing, but I did like it.
I have no problem with people who don't like his style, I just find it bizarre how angry some people get at others enjoying it.
And I am of course speaking about his professional work, his abuse of young women on set is horrible.

teagone posted:

Meaningful critique and corporate bootlicking are two different things.

Ahh yes, if you like Zack Snyder it's because he's a minor god, if you like Marvel it's bootlicking. I care as much about Disney as you do WB, but I do care for the Marvel universe. Whether it's Disney that holds the money I don't really care about.