Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

thrawn527 posted:

I really couldn't get into Speed Racer at all, could even get what they were going for. But then I read that if you watched the show, it's absolutely perfect, which I never did. So that's probably what's missing for me. In that case, I'm glad it exists, for fans of the show, and I'll just be fine not watching it again.

Watch it as a sports movie and it owns. The gut punch of the final meeting with Royalton is really well executed, and the finale is some of the most incredible animation of the decade. It’s a shame it was only ever made for 2K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:lol: that he’d think of them as characters

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Have a little one who is enthralled by the Lego DC adaptations - Justice League vs the Legion of Doom / Lego DC Super Hero Girls - Super Villain High etc - is there anywhere with release schedules or any kind of ‘upcoming’ rumours? Cannot find anything and it’s just a hell of different Warner Bros animation studios and rights issues - who knew a musical Toto film was being produced?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The Suicide Squad had an issue where it felt incredibly weightless? Then Idris Elba’s character literally floats down a collapsing building and it’s like it knows?

It’s also really mean in a poo poo way.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Emma Stone is far too much money and far too established, they’d get whichever 19 year old British actress turned up to do it at 5% of the price.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

People getting upset that Garfield Spider-Man wasn’t written as a prospective school shooter but as a kid who had friends will always be funny.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Is there a marvel character in her mid-40’s who Meghan Markle could play and hold Excalibur within MCU context?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's like 2026 in the MCU, just make her the Queen

This would also work

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Definitely adult oriented magazines, definitely not GQ

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I think mid credits is a vehicle for them to do interdimensional world building within the Sony enclave - have Venom be the bridge for all of them to come together into The Sinister Six vs Spider-Man, explicitly not tied to MCU canon.

Film was good, the nods were good. stopped pulling my punches is an explicit comic reference I think? Undoing the ‘Stark protégé’ stuff was really smart. Garfield getting redemption as the best Spider-Man was worth it, Maguire seemed really oddly lit throughout so looked like he was CG at one point?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Chaos Walking was interesting at least.

He’ll go the Radcliffe ‘quirky indie + stage’ route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Barry Keoghan/Lauren Ridloff

Felt like someone had asked for Robert Sheehan and settled.