Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Lib: "you're an evil person! a dangerous extremist who wants the majority of people to eat poo poo. You should eat poo poo instead!"
Con: "wow? telling me I should eat poo poo? Treating me badly because I went to another country and made them eat poo poo before coming back home to try to make everyone else eat poo poo? you dare impugn my actions?"
Lib: "I'M SORRRRRRRY!"

I'm not sure which guy in your head is worse :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

Tbf that protester was Ted Cruz and I can't blame anyone for having that fantasy

Isn't a sentient swarm of insects already an avengers villain

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

Grant Morrison did a similar thing in Batman Inc, iirc, as did Gillian (sp?) with Loki

Basically change is going to be incremental at best and usually gonna be wiped out anyway in the cycle of nostalgic fanwank.

In other news, I know this is a snyderdome thing but honestly it pissed me off so much I wanna share it elsewhere too

An interview with Zack was published recently about his struggles during the JL production and him losing his daughter.

The editor in chief at collider responded with a laughing gif

https://twitter.com/DerfelMacGuffin/status/1353800259948961792?s=19

Pure scum

This guy sucks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://twitter.com/jigsaw_quotes/status/1350703040781721601

lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just want to point out that Blockbuster Video was basically created because a bunch of Irony Posters wanted to do movietalk in the same stupid way it's done everywhere else outside of this forum (i.e. basically clique-based cheering and high-fives, the posting equivalent of a reaction video) and it completely flopped and is a total wasteland with less than two dozen active users.

You simply do not get this kind of discourse on forums. In fact, this kind of whining to a referee or tangential person ("see what your fans are doing?" = "mods? mods!!!!") was roundly mocked for over a decade in pretty much every online space, and it's now the primary means by which people communicate on these lovely platforms. Just a continuous spew of dogpiling, fake flagging, circle-jerking each other off for not being the other guys. Absolutely disgusting behavior

It's weird it exists at all because people talk about movies and do all that just fine outside the domes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

Red Skull vaporized some regular Nazis to establish that he is, like, twice as evil as them. See also: HYDRA's double-Nazi salute.

The double salute used to solidify that they were double Nazis was amazing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blood Boils posted:

Floating subs and brutally killing Nazis are all things that Magneto does in 1st class, multiple times??

Yeah, but then there's parts of the movie that aren't that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Best episode" seems like a low bar to clear from what I've seen of it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

2house2fly posted:

It's so insane that Odo sleeps in literally a bucket

Look at Mr. Rockefeller with the tub over here

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

thrawn527 posted:

Good for her. Hopefully this quiets some of the, “But why have none of the people who have worked with Whedon spoken out against him?” takes.

Were there any? Haven't several people come out now?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

KVeezy3 posted:

Let us allow the recent revelations to re-contextualize that apology he wrote to his ex-wife.

Oh nooo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I watched the first episode of Firefly and really liked it, everyone else I saw it with thought it was total dogshit, and (unrelatedly lol) I didn't get around to trying to watch it again until years later.

Everyone else was right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You will believe a superman can smile

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

After recent events, I just really don't look forward to Abrams commenting on the character's legacy in any way, shape or form. You just loving know it's gonna be "his" take on the character and it's got to be novel, energetic and unlike anything we've seen before.

So Superman is going to drive his dad's car off a cliff while Beasty Boys plays.

I'm okay with that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does anyone tell her

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The period piece sets were expensive as hell too, iirc.

One of the reasons Darkplace only got one season was because it was too expensive to make it look like a bad 80s show a second time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Necrothatcher posted:

those sons of bitch terrorists want to create a world WITHOUT borders

can you imagine that hell?

Found the Belkans

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My favorite subtitle in anything is still in Mass Effect 1, when a villain grunts in frustration. "Argh! Rawr! Argh!"

josh04 posted:

screaming at pachelbel from across the music hall, again with the goddamn scales?!

We have to destroy Pachelbel and end canon forever

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

multijoe posted:

Lietmotifs, what are they?!

Ancient lamentations, obviously

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chairman Capone posted:

I was watching Empire Strikes Back the other day and it was pretty good but they play the same drat music every time Darth Vader shows up. It loving sucked, it was so distracting to hear the exact same music every time Vader did anything. I mean, in the Battle of Hoth alone they must have played his music at least three or four times.

loving hack John Williams. Don't even get me started on how he uses the same music every time the shark shows up in Jaws!

[ancient jizz wailing]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm reminded of when I suddenly wasn't able to take a Teen Titans fight scene seriously because it used the engineer's wrench whack sound effect from TF2. (something you get VERY familiar with if you play Engineer for more than five minutes)

Stock sound effects are like that, mind. City of Heroes comes to mind, especially when it and X-COM use the same 'footsteps on metal floors' sound.

Doom's sound effects are everywhere too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Horizon Burning posted:

see, here's the thing. you can tell when someone has dredged up their opinions from twitter memes because they get extremely invested in proving that they didn't, for some reason, which is not what people do when it's their sincere opinion.

Yeah, it's definitely this and not the weirdly aggressive poster insisting instead

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spacebump posted:

I think that trailer makes it pretty clear that there is a first team sent made up of TDK, Mongal, Javelin, etc (basically the brightly colored costumed characters with Harley in the previous stuff put out for this.) I think that team clearly gets wrecked and the smaller team of people this trailer focused on are the main team in the film.

They've become a Kamikaze Kompany

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Apollo posted:

I read a review that praised it as “this generation’s Lethal Weapon”.

This generation's Lethal Weapon is the Lethal Weapon TV show

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

thrawn527 posted:

I'm a little over halfway through it, and my no spoiler impression so far is that it is way weirder than I expected, and the trailer gave away very little of what the movie is even about. It's a treat, so far.

Do they come together to save Mothra

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

fatherboxx posted:

yeah but on the other hand no literal CIA spook touching New Gods scripts anymore

What?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao wow

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

God I love this movie lol.

I like the idea of the Joker standing in line at the DMV to get that plate

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

Apparently. A quick search suggests I was thinking of a panel from Mark Waid's Insufferable:

lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Like, remember when Miley Cyrus was all about twerking and living her freedom and now she's, like, some kind of pseudo country-pop stay at home mom type?

I guess I learned something today :toot:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

josh04 posted:

Nah, Miley Cyrus has a whole "classic rock" thing going on now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ir1qkPXPVM

lol I guess I didn't learn something today :toot:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I have not been saying "Asians have it worse". My point from the beginning, has been that minorities of all stripes 'have it worse' under white supremacy, and it's not really progressive to pit black men against asian women against trans women (and so-forth) when what you're actually talking about is class: Aquafina and Vin Diesel are both millionaire Hollywood celebrities with 'weird names', while average people are living in poverty and getting shot dead by cops. Again, I agree on that. Inequality is bad. And it can be argued that a rich person 'pretending to be poor' adds insult to that injury. (So why don't we take things to a logical conclusion and forbid actors from playing characters beneath their income level? Why is your criticism limited to the sphere of culture? In other words: why not address inequality within cultures and across cultures, in search of new forms of solidarity?)

You might want to check your autocorrect around her name

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

As someone who posts in the games chat thread, don't google it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Forgot the ring

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MiddleOne posted:

Theaters should die though. Zack Snyder has shown us the glorious 4:3 phonewatching future. :unsmigghh:

Lol at a 4:3 shaped phone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neurolimal posted:

Brie larson's gonna teach a disadvantaged predator drone how to code, gonna be great

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope the explanation for why none of them did anything was they all failed the dice roll and got snapped

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roth posted:

I wonder how many times the MCU can use "Well meaning villain with good and reasonable leftist points, who just so happens to be a completely evil psychopath willing to murder for no reason" before people starting thinking about it.

How many times have they done it? I feel like the answer is going to be "In all the Marvel films I didn't watch" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

At least 4: Iron Man 2, one of them Spider-Man movies, Capt. America TV show and Black Panther. Endgame and Infinity War are exceptions because they take the radical position of just agreeing with the villain.

I don't recall Whiplash being leftist, just him and his father personally done dirty by the Starks

Otherwise lol it is in the stuff I didn't watch