Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Look I try to stay out of the idpol stuff and just stick to facts but "Geoff Johns wouldn't treat a black guy like poo poo because he's married to an Asian lady and half Lebanese" is really honestly throwing me for one. That is just an insane thing to say, in my opinion.

Yeah it's a really oblivious statement made by someone who is not very smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I disagree with that. Obviously people should be able to have opinions about vaccines, even if they are dumb. Fortunately I haven't heard anything about her being fired either so thankfully we might see more of her.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ant Man was a scientsitman who could grow small or big

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What's going on in the stomach area? What are those weird pointy abs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't mind Justice Squad but there's really nothing about it I liked very much either. It had maybe one neat scene (the Flash slow-motion stuff) and the rest was just sort of there

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I only ever heard the "controversy" coming from Americans. I guess there's an issue in America with hiring asian actors? If so, that sucks. Afaik Japanese people liked the casting though;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Burkion posted:

Hey guess who this casting choice hurts

The answer is Americans

If you live in Japan and work in Japan, you're not going to give much of a poo poo about what other people do. But you know who would be hurt? Actual American-Asian actors or just Asian actors working In America. Oh hey here's a block buster that's perfect for me! Oh it was given to some loving white woman. Of course.

Really think about these things before going knee jerk like this

Huh? People were making GBS threads on Scarlett for taking the role as if it was some grand blasphemy against the japanese people, which it's clearly not. Is she supposed to say no to a million bucks so some other actor might maybe take it? How does that blame fall on Scarlett and not on the people offering her the job instead of a japanese-american actor?

Unless you're well versed in the american movie job market the criticism against Scarlett makes no sense, and I am no American so I have no idea what's going on in your country

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 30, 2021

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its definitely the director who personally designs the CGI effects and not an entire team of CGI monkeys

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it's gotta be pretty easy to be a superhero if you're just immune to bullets like that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

CelticPredator posted:

R rating is more fun because violence and bad words are fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I really hope KNULL becomes a villain on the big screen because the word "Knull" literally just means "gently caress" in Swedish. I want to see that on all the posters