Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Piell posted:

The animated show is very good

Just wanted to say yes. The show is stunningly good and I'm really stoked they are getting a third season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Love a Spiderman trailer that shows you the whole loving movie.

At least we already know the third act will feature the same set piece that every loving Marvel movie now features.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Is it just me or does it seem like after the initial confrontation, Doc Ock becomes a semi-ally?

Yep.

We also know because of character's they are "hiding" from the trailer that MJ will fall, and it will be AG's Spiderman saving her probably, as a nod to when he failed in his two movies, and fans will talk about 'what an amazing moment that was' It's so predictively obvious they are of course going to do this. My guess, Venom comes in, furious with Spiderman, then turns at the last second to help out, in a reverse version of SpiderMan three, which will lead to think pieces that spider man 3 was good actually, and everyone will leave, (Goblin dies again, maybe one or two others) and everyone else goes back to their universes, minus Venom, who will now be around).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

tweets been deleted.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

"I'm seeing double here! Five Krustys Peters."

"no! all 12!" cue the Murray Gold Doctor Who Theme song redone by by Michael Giacchino.

(I am actually excited for his score since after a few misses with his scores his Far From Home Score was pretty good. Curious how his The Batman Score will turn out next year.)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Spiderman was one of my favourite bits in Civil War. It's a Captain America movie, but Iron Man wants it to be an Iron Man movie so he keeps butting his nose in, to the extent that he yanks Peter Parker out of the opening sequence of a nearby Spiderman movie to help him

You're right.
He's one of the better bits in one of the worst marvel movies.

(bottom 6 anyway).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Roth posted:

Rise of the Resistance is incredible, but that Spider-Man ride is atrocious.

I was about to say. I was there this summer. Rise is a fantastic ride, maybe top ride I've ever been on. Being stressed about delta made it slightly less fun (I was wearing a good mask) but yeah. Worth it when it's safe to go again. But also don't go, because Disneyland is way overpriced and even their cool merchandise (mugs) have gotten cheaper and crappier.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

God what a scam of a movie. Yes, it was fun, and yes it was utterly soulless, the plot was a mess and all the easy predictions from the trailer were 100% right. Risked COVID for that. Ugh.
Also, most critics must have COVID, because the reviews are so far up their own rear end I can’t even.

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 19, 2021

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

yet another reason DC is better than marvel. Marvel's got anti vaxxers, DC has people wanting to loving kill the KKK.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I said come in! posted:

ScreenRant lady is a little silly, but this person is right on both accounts. CinemaSins is bad.

She sucks though, to be fair.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Everyone posted:

I can absolutely do that. But the reason I'm theoretically paying $10 - $20 and accepting a mild risk of catching COVID to see this thing in a theater is to watch the results of Matt Reeves and Peter Craig using their imaginations. And the question "Why is this respected police officer working with a vigilante of questionable sanity who has no official legal standing as any kind of law enforcement officer?" is a pretty understandable one that really should the some kind of decent answer within the movie. And apparently it didn't.

Well just use your imagination. Jesus, everybody knows this story.

Yep, they sure do. But you're still asking me to invest my time and money in this specific telling of that story that everybody knows. But if I'm having to use my imagination to paper over holes in your story, why the gently caress should I invest in your story when you can't be arsed to tell it completely?

And it doesn't have to be some twenty minute in-depth flashback on the history of Gordan and Batman (and probably shouldn't in a movie whose run-time is on the ragged edge of three hours already) but some kind of "He's saved my life and the people of the city more than a few times and I learned that I can trust him." would have worked fine.

Funny enough, it worked fine without it too.

Man, Marvel spoon feeding everyone everything with no nuance for 10 years/cinemasins really did do more damage than just about anything huh?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Everyone posted:

Turns out my $10-$20 was theoretical because I never got around to catching The Batman in a theater. I'll eventually check it out on HBOmax.

And Batman Begins covered both of the above points quite effectively.

So go watch that again if that’s what you want? This is telling a different story of Batman, the detective side.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Ok, so: do you have an alternative to the practice of 'thinking about ethics'?

Or are you just worried about your joy-levels?

A joker character who kills republicans who are passing don’t say gay bills and abortion restriction bills and Redistricting voting zones in more and more brutal ways and then Batman realizes jokers right and walks away from fighting joker and uses his money to pass UBI and pushes through more Supreme Court nominees to expand the court. “Not the villain the country wants, but the villain the country needs” he says as joker laughs and gets in Batman’s plane (Batman let’s him have it) so he can escape and start targeting oil executives.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

massive spider posted:

I know Raimis said in interviews he said he only really got to put his hand into one or two scenes but a lot of the script feels like it was written with him in mind regardless.

I’m seeing it tomorrow but the the original two writer/director left strange 2 late in the process. I’m curious if any of their script was used. Their next film, (black phone?) comes out in June.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Ah. I doubt they would have recast that either.

Wright is a super fundamentalist Christian who is a big fan of an African evangelical preaching group based in the U.K. that is pretty crazy.

She has been smart enough to not talk about it much any more, but she has still shared some videos with very... shall we say... questionable opinions on trans people, the apocalypse, and vaccines. Then, she quit social media altogether and hasn't talked about it publicly any more.

To be fair to Wright, she has only really spoken out in support of the vaccine thing and hasn't said anything about the other stuff. Just because you're part of/a fan a church doesn't mean you believe literally everything out of the preacher's mouth, but... also that seems like the kind of congregation that you don't get into unless you are either onboard with most of it or willing to let a lot slide.

I disagree. I have family that go to a really poo poo church and don't talk about it, but that poo poo rubs off. I had a 17 year old teen family member who's super cool in life and so nice and then somebody said "love is love" around us, and she went off on a tangent about "by that logic, so is pedophilia and bestiality". I was so shocked that she said it my jaw just hung open.

Anybody who thinks that way should be de-platformed..

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I can only assume you are rich as gently caress if you think sleeping 9 hours a day is normal or that being able to not eat anything because you have no obligations and thus it doesn't matter how lovely you feel is healthy. For actual people who exist in the real world you can't in fact be paid to do nothing and it is only in this specific circumstances that it can be considered anything positive instead of a tremendously unhealthy way to live.

There is a significant difference between managing calories and going for runs and the insane super-schedules that movie stars are on.

getting 8-9 hours of sleep is both normal and good for you. I'm not crazy rich and I do this.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. It's enough time to make a significant change. It isn't going to magically change you unless you are living an impossible schedule. That's the entire point. There is a difference between taking good care of yourself vs the insane hollywood thing and it can't even be based entirely on capitalism because "I don't have to do anything all day except be waited on and go for a run" isn't something that is going to exist in a world where someone isn't being exploited.

50 pounds and six months on a lot of people is going to look crazy different. and impossible schedule is the discipline to sacrifice some things to eat healthy and work out 5 times a week. But in terms of Hollywood, most of those actors also are on some sort of steroids I suspect, and when it comes to the shirtless shots they are 100% dehydrating themselves for like a day before they shoot, so that is unhealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

Is Braff a creep? I thought he was just a massively unlikeable dork.

it's crazy that this is a real possibility for the company that owns like...three of the most valuable IPs in the world and a host of others that also on the list if a little further down.

He definitely slept around, but never heard anything too damning about him. Of course in today’s Twitter world that’s enough to label him as “creep”. (If there’s stuff I don’t know I’m fine to change my opinion, but never heard of anything ).