Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Is there even a single movie, comic book or not, from the 90's that looks like it could've been filmed today?

I think you can get close, but film techniques, actor's age and sometimes the props involved are all giveaways to their real age.

Predator (1987) visually doesn't look particularly dated to me. Maybe the whole bodybuilder-gaze thing it's got going on is a giveaway (like, it's not thirsty at all about biceps, pecs and abs the way modern films are)? Or maybe the gun / equipment props to a mil nerd?

I want to say some of the milfetish stuff seems dated (like the green berets reverent namedrop) but ehh not sure on that one.

Of course actor ages give it away but that's a given no matter what.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jan 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I really don't understand why y'all read Twitter. I really don't. It is literally designed to piss you off.

Let me tell you why Twitter is actually good

1/16

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

At first I thought that tweet was making fun of the line as I just skimmed it, and then I reread it and saw 'reverent'.

Reverent.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Legit thought Harley said "angels smooching" and came away kinda confused, like are these really disgusting kisses or what

e: or are they like crying because they're so happily in love <-- actually thought that

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 27, 2021

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Legit question, what exactly was the point of giving Weaving single eyelids? I understand this idea of struggles being universal, class-based, and cyclical, and that race isn't important to these universal struggles, but then why bother with the prosthetics at all? Was it purely to problematize and invoke discussion?

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Wait what's this about falcon and winter soldier writers not knowing what truly happened to Steve Rogers when they were writing it?