Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I think by wish-movie logic, Lord renouncing his wish automatically renounces everyone else's because he was the one who granted their wishes in the first place. Like in Jumanji, when they win the game it undoes all the consequences of them playing the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Yeah, whatever bizarre ideological project Maggie Mae Fish et al have going on to convince people Zack Snyder movies are right wing, it doesn't sound like Lindsay Ellis is part of it. And God knows it's hardly unpopular to dislike Transformers!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

My instinct is to think "well clearly he didn't read the whole thing and is just posting a gif about the tweet" but tbh I don't see what in the tweet would merit that response either. Ha ha he had no energy!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

[Batfleck voice] Tweets are still good...

https://twitter.com/jigsaw_quotes/status/1352678861645832194?s=19

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Plastic surgery?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

quote:

I'm Professor X, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the world - and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my friend. From here on out, you're Professor X.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It's so insane that Odo sleeps in literally a bucket

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yeah the "he did very bad things" part is unsettling.

It gave me an ants crawling on my skin sensation

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I think the idea behind Firefly was "every character is Han Solo" but the most devastating takedown I saw of it (though I was a fan myself) was "every character is Chandler from Friends"

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

JJ Abrams movies make me think of a big friendly dog, so if nothing else I'll bet he'd make a crowd-pleaser Superman movie

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

J.J.Binks

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I liked Into Darkness OK in the end where it basically rejected all the darker morally ambiguous stuff the movie had been doing up til then. I thought it was being Dark Trek but it was actually a movie about some rear end in a top hat trying to make Dark Trek happen

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It would have been a decent fit. I'm thinking of the bit in MoS where he gives himself up to the military and is trying to be nice to them while they're putting cuffs on him and scheming to try and tranquilise him. The bit where Batman beats up Superman because he's worried he might turn violent would have an uncomfortable vibe tho

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Samovar posted:

I say this not as a sarcastic quip, but... there were three?

If I remember right, the villain was a human supremacist played by Idris Elba, who got mutated by an alien device and wanted to destroy or subjugate the inferior alien races of the Federation

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Is it some sort of Baltimore joke I'm too Miamian to understand?

The overall context (for people sensible enough to stay off twitter) is that the actual line in that shot is something like "grief is just love enduring past death" and someone on twitter posted about how it was the best line ever and everyone else on twitter made fun of them

E: I guess it's a bit lame to be bowled over by that line, but as someone who really loves Batman V Superman I would be throwing stones from a glass house if I made fun of them for it

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I was kind of happy with my own gag about that one

https://twitter.com/2house2fly/status/1366096339541651459?s=19

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I love that catty little (meanwhile, Scorcese)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, Erik Stevens is the rightful king of Wakanda and T’Challa is the usurper.

I forget the plot; do you mean he's the rightful king by bloodline, or because he defeated T'Challa in that combat ritual? Or both?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

"Streets ahead" is as old as the hills. Maybe Community popularised it in America?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

What's mainly colourful is Shazam's outfit

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I felt that Shazam's heart was in the right place; it's got a strong theme of love and trust being the best weapon against evil and the foundation of a family bond that's stronger than blood, some of the stuff that made Man Of Steel and Batman V Superman so great. Superman popping up at the end for a split second to acknowledge the shadow he's cast over the thing was a nice ending

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It's not a tease, it's a cameo

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

As Shazam he's meant to have incredible intellect as well per the wizard's speech, so if he seems to have implausible knowledge just imagine him like Sherlock in his mind palace putting it together

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Cutting the existing 4 hours down wasn't an option, WB wanted a different movie entirely and they saw the death of Zack Snyder's daughter as a perfect opportunity to get it

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

What's to defend? It's a quick musical sting that plays when Wonder Woman does something. It's overplayed but I doubt people would notice so much without the silly subtitle

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

My favorite subtitle in anything is still in Mass Effect 1, when a villain grunts in frustration. "Argh! Rawr! Argh!"

That was so good. And he's an intelligent super soldier!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I suppose it would be useful to be more polite when correcting people who claim Man Of Steel and Batman V Superman aren't good

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Piell posted:

The defenses have been "you only hate it because twitter", "everyone has motifs, what you hate motifs now?", and "it doesn't happen that often". The first and third are false, the second ignores my actual problem with it in that it plays anytime Wonder Woman or an amazon does basically anything. You can give a character a musical sting without playing it every two minutes, which is what the movie literally does.

For this to be true you'd need to be more thorough: document all 121 instances of the Wonder Woman musical sting

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

And then you claimed it happened 121 times. There are heroes on both sides.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

The second half is the best half. The Steppenwolf fight is the second best final battle in a comic book movie, after Man Of Steel

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

That loving bit where Steppenwolf grabs Cyborg and Wonder Woman makes a shockwave that collapses the bridge they're all standing on and they fall to the floor and Cyborg immediately flies back up and Steppenwolf jumps after him but Wonder Woman gets him with the lasso and she and Aquaman pull him down so he lays them out and jumps back up to get Cyborg and he swings his axe and it hits SUPERMAN WHO SUDDENLY APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I'd like a Batman movie where he actually does detectiving. Like solves mysteries and stuff

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

What exactly did he say about the eye? From what I remember it was just like "he lost an eye in war, or whatever". Seemed kind of lame

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Dan Crenshaw does not look cool enough to be an assassin

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

sure seems like godzilla causes a lot of property damage in these movies...

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Oasx posted:

How may people watched (Snyder's) Justice League because of the New Gods? Probably about as many as watched Infinity War to see more cosmic marvel.
Sure the movie itself could have made people hyped for New Gods, but do you think the people at WB think like that? They see Snyder doing what DC has done best since Batman Begins, which is to make dark and gritty superheroes that are opposed to the light comedy Marvel puts out.

I have nothing against Snyder, and I am happy that he actually got to make his movie even if it doesn't seem to be my thing. But let's be honest, this thread is essentially the Zack Snyder fanclub, and has been for years, even slight criticism is heavily frowned upon.

There's an actual Zack Snyder fanclub thread, he barely gets brought up in this one

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I remember the one where Xander got possessed by a hyena demon and turned into a rape monster. I liked the ending where he pretends to have amnesia, it was very much one of those "I'd probably pretend that also" things

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I think that was a story Chris Morris talked about, the British satirist who did Four Lions. I remember him saying in an interview that there are real life attempted terrorist bombings that were so slapstick you couldn't get away with putting them in a film

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

"Oh hey! You're my Bruce!"

"Not quite. I come from a parallel universe where you and I are very similar but much lamer. In fact we're meeting for brunch in an hour"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

"bring back tony stark to life"