Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What the hell is Frasier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I don't know that much about American culture so what exactly did she appropriate?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That article isn't convincing, their main evidence of her "minstrel act" is people just talking about it on twitter and here's the one example they came up with:

Yeahhhhhh, nah.

The entire second half of the article is all people saying that the racist accusations are bullshit

I haven't actually seen Crazy Rich Asians so I pulled up a compilation of her scenes and I genuinely can't hear a black accent in her dialogue anywhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5albVARGA
I also checked some of her other videos and it sounds super close to her normal talking voice to me

I'm not trolling here I'm genuinely trying to understand. It'd really help if you gave some specific examples of her appropriating black culture in her music or acting career, stuff like "she has a DJ persona" isn't anything.

How is any of this a minstrel act? I don't get it either

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Blade rocks

It's rad, even

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I am so totally disinterested in "guy has wings"

Cap was a super soldier from a bygone era who used to be a weak and bullied kid. This new guy is just "Guy"

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I don't really think people need to be fired because they believe in conspiracies or whatever

As long as it's not outrigh hateful speech they can keep pretending to be punchmen on screen imo

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
His goals are split because on one hand he wants to arm the weak and create revolutions but he also says he wants to conquer the world and create an eternal wakandan empire. The movie could never decide with him. They'd make him cool and sympathetic and in the next scene he goes full psychopath and kills his girlfriend. He brings up legitimate issues with Wakanda and in the next scene he twirls his moustache and wants to take over the world. He's a really badly written character

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Kraven doesn't even make sense

Why did he single out spiderman as some sort of "greatest hunt"? The world is filled to the brim with superpowered people by now, surely Spiderman is not the greatest trophy... Logically he should be hunting the hulk or Thor or hell, even Iron Man

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Testosterone isn't really all that dangerous. I'm pretty sure doctors are prescribing that stuff pretty easily in America nowadays

That's what these actors take to get faster results. I've done it myself, it works great.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
As a guy who has done steroids, especially in my mid 30's, I can attest to how effective they are for an older dude. I can also attest to the fact that steroid-usage is incredibly widespread nowadays compared to when I was younger, it's just way easier to get them (and all other drugs) through the internet nowadays. There are quite a lot of youtube vids of teens doing steroids now... people start early.

The more you learn about and get into the "fitness world" the more you realize that a lot of it is just people on drugs skipping ahead of everyone not on drugs. The basic steroids are not expensive, it's not complicated to use them and for most people there are no health complications.

Now ask yourselves, if there are so god drat many people who take steroids for no other reason than to stroke their own egos, then imagine how many athletes and hollywood stars are taking them when there are millions of dollars on the line

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 31, 2021

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just remember that Mac from Always Sunny got completely shredded and posted a series of Instagram posts about how insane it was, how stupid it was, how much it took from him and from all his support staff, and laughing at the idea that any regular person could accomplish it. And this is a guy who gained and lost 60 pounds like it was almost nothing, an extremely committed fitness dude with an iron mentality. Just don't eat too much junk, lift some weights and do something fun for cardio and let the chips fall where they may.

He also more or less said that he used steroids to achieve it. "More or less" because he can't outright say it of course, since he'd get backlash. But a lot of people asked him if he did and he basically went "noooo why would I eeeever use those :grin:"

Above transformation at 44 years old

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 2, 2021

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Invincible was also a cheap cartoon and not a 200 million dollar bloated monstrosity

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Bran got tossed out a window, then dragged by others to the north who died for him for no good reason. Then he got possessed by a creepy wizard no one knows or understands. Then he did nothing at all during the siege of winterfell while everyone was dying for him and... was later crowned king, for no reason at all.

Truly the greatest story

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
They're aliens though

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Ghostrider 2 sucks but yeah, some of the effects and the "look" of the actual ghost rider was great

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Comic book movies/TV shows can be many genres which is why its lasting so long.

Both ”Joker” and guardians of the galaxy are ”comic book movies” but they are completely different

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
People don't die from punching in movies. They just get "incapacitated". Even when guys get hit in the head with baseball bats and poo poo, they just take a nap, don't worry about it

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Superhero movies are marketed to a wide range of audiences including children and manchildren so it's better to to not include too much sex or too much violence, just in case. They want moms and dads to be able to take their kids to these movies as well as attracting the 36 year old grognard herds with collections of funko pops

The violence is incredibly neutered as is the sex

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Adults go to disney? Like, without kids?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It would have been cool if they porked, all nude like

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wow this was bad

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wow, I do like 5 hours of (actual) work / week "working from home" - the rest of the time I'm shitposting and playing games... and I still get thumbs up from my boss

Change your line of work man

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It might come as a surprise to Americans but there are countries here in the world where the police force works really well and doesn't go around slaughtering civilians. So obviously the concept of "cops" works and is obviously needed in modern society. But your militaristic and hosed up racist trigger happy cop culture is a huge problem

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
There was a point?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
There was a Blade TV series right? I didn't just hallucinate that right?

Oh yeah, there was:

I can't remember if it had any good violence or not

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Dude is wack yo

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The flash tv show sucks because it is awful

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I thought Black Panther was super goofy

It's like if someone made a movie about a hidden utopian scandinavian city and made everyone there power-axe wielding cyber-vikings ruled by a warrior king instead of just "people with lots of tech".

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 27, 2022

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Goofy is OK but just don't try to justify it as anything but goofin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
We need to destroy the villain Gal Gadot, she poses too much of a risk.