Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

John Ostrander is credited and has a cameo in the film.

He was credited and had a homage in the first film as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mat Cauthon posted:

Grain of salt here but I don't get how Johns is still in charge of anything when stories like these seem to drop every other week.

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1379443867972427776?s=19

I mean a big part of Adam stranges character is him being married to a rannian princess and I’m not sure why wanting a white actor as Clark’s grandpa is a big deal.

Geoff sucks at screenwriting but these two examples are really not wrongdoings.

Now if he actively blocked Snyder’s Ryan Choi movie because he only wanted WHITE characters that would be a whole other story.

Also, and this doesn’t really matter, but Geoff is mixed race and has championed diversity in the comics. So I know he’s not some supremacist rear end in a top hat.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Well, no, because what you’re talking about is the plot. Using most of that same argument, we could say that Downfall is a sequel to Indiana Jones 3 because they both feature popular villain character Adolf Hitler and there’s no contradiction between the events.

What you’re leaving out, again, is the narrative - the story. Is this a continuation of (or response to, riff on...) the story in David Ayers’ movie? And, like, no. It’s not.

As we’ve gone over, Ayers’ film is fundamentally about ‘intolerably’ lower-class minorities trapped in a surreal quasi-metaphorical American ‘Black Site’. The sequel features absolutely no continuation of those themes.

Suicide Squad 1 more closely resembles Winding-Refn’s Bronson than it does this film’s Expendables re-rehash.

I’m trying to think of a film that Suicide Squad 2 could function as sequel to. Like, I don’t know, some mix of Brightburn and the Sharknado movies?

The suicide squad is the sequel to suicide squad

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it isn't the best DCEU movie, it's the best comic book movie since 2008

Since Iron Man? No way Jose

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

VanillaGorilla posted:

Honestly, if they adapt One More Day and make it not suck somehow then, honestly, hats off to Feige, just turn over all Marvel creative to him including the comics side.

He’s already in charge of all marvel creative including the comic side

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

This seems like it’s lifted right out of Ultimate Six by Brian Bendis when Nick Fury has them all locked up at the beginning

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Movie needs to end with a post credits stinger of RDJ meeting tobey and saying “I want to talk to you about the ULTIMATES initiative”

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

He plays as Dr. Fate aka the guy “Dr Strange” ripped off

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw Eternals I thought it was good. It had a heavy Snyder influence (not a bad thing).

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
One thing that confused me is the mcu eternals are given this backstory that they go to a world and get it ready for a celestial birth but the cosmic eternals that show up at the end seem to just be the comic versions of the eternals and don’t have that agenda. So why did that Celesital (I think his name was Ashcroft?) let Thanos run wild and erase half the population? Did Thanos go rogue or what?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It has nothing to do with into the spider-verse and more to do that Feige is a big fan of Jonathan Hickman and he concluded his avengers run with the multiversal epic secret war which im assuming is what this will all eventually build up to.

Also DC announced some time ago they wanted to embrace the multiverse in their movies and tv shows and there was probably some urgency on some level for marvel to beat them to the punch

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Timby posted:

Secret Wars is going to be a Disney+ series that I believe just started filming.

Your thinking of secret invasion. Based on the bendis story

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

I had to roll my eyes when Ikaris just fucks off and flies into the sun, besides it being a little to on the nose, I thought this could finally be the opportunity for the MCU to get a returning villain (besides Loki). Ikaris had a nice setup for a character arc too, and I didn't think he really got much of one in the movie, it felt like at the end he was starting his journey into redeeming himself or something, but nope, just gently caress off and die.

The idea is that ikaris can be reborn as a good guy if marvel wants to use him in the future

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I think this was the first Angelina Jolie movie I actually liked. She was awesome as Thena

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

stev posted:

Yeah I thought that - I suppose it's a side effect of basing a single series of movies on half a century of different (largely conceived as unconnected) stories. Like are all these secret, all powerful organisations aware of eachother?

I also found it funny that the first ten minutes sets this guy up as one of the uber dictators of the MCU (massacring populations, spreading terror and wiping out the beauty in the world over a period of 1000 years) but humanises him because he spent the last 1% of his life in relative peace with his family. He didn't even attempt to make amends for the damage he'd caused, he just temporarily stopped causing it. I struggled to care about his fate after that.

Because Disney wont depict a Chinese actor as a villian. So it was a slippery slope for them.

Ironically, the movie ended up getting banned in China anyway so gently caress off Disney!

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

YaketySass posted:

movie ending with Tobey replacing Holland and saying "who the hell is Tony Stark?"

This would own so much

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

The best possible twist is if they had Nicolas Cage in the movie as his character from Into the Spiderverse.

Ghost Rider son

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

MCU Stark is really nothing like the Ultimate version. Ultimate Stark is a tech billionaire whose nervous system was made entirely of brain tissue and rethought his life after a cancer diagnosis. You are right Ellis though, his time writing Iron Man 616 is probably the most influential with Millar coming a close second with most of Stark's story beats after the origin coming from those two writers.

That was way later. MCU is based on mark millar and Brian bendis early ultimate work (ya know the stuff that actually sold well)

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Samovar posted:

Watch Spider-Man NWH be the major reason for world-wide spread of Omicron strain.

It’s worth it to see Tobey and Dafoe again!

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Shang-Chi sequel officially greenlit with Destin Daniel Cretton directing again.

Cretton also signed on to direct an unannounced 2023 Disney+ project.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1467925287765692423

Shang-Chi V Iron Fist plz

I’m guessing Disney+ show is about the new ten rings gang run by his sister

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Seems like Feige going out of his way to say that Charlie Cox and Vincent D'onofrio could come back and "no comment"-ing on everyone else is a sign that they are pretending everyone else never existed.

Jessica Jones is in She-Hulk supposedly

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

Garfield pulls off a really enjoyable physicality with Spider Man that I feel isn’t as obvious in Holland and certainly not Maguire. He just looks acrobatic as gently caress, pulling off all sorts of poses in the air like they’re comic panels. It makes his fight scenes in ASM fun as hell.

Isn’t that more to do with Webbs direction of cgi shots rather than Garfield?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

The Eternals was…fine.

I’d put it in Bottom Tier MCU but that’s still entertaining to me.

There is no way Eternals is worse than Thor 1 and 2 , iron man 2 and age of ultron

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

I do have one question about Eternals, why do they mention Superman repeatedly when like, tons of other Marvel heroes exist in the setting that everyone knows about?

Superman is an active hero in the MCU

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly the comic version of civil war makes way more sense than the movie version. They should have kept the initiating cause be some teen heroes gently caress up and a school full of children die. It played really well into both post-9/11 anxiety and celebrity culture at the time.

It also made more sense as to why the government was forced to go so hardline on the heroes

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Where the Morbius hype thread at?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

VROOM VROOM posted:

I'm still not sure what a morbius is but I'm morbus

He’s the vampire from the 90s spider man cartoon

Every millennial knows who he is

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

No he isn't, that guy had cool mouth hands.

They are saving that for the sequel

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

massive spider posted:

The sucker hands are a classic example of editing stuff to remove gore in a way that the end result is actually way scarier.

I think they ended up giving the sucker hands to a 90s villain called carion and in the Ultimate Universe Carnage has sucker hands

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I still don't really understand how Discovery (the nature documentary company?) got so big it bought Warner Bros

Sarah Palins and honey boo boos reality shows were big busines for awhile

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Christian Bale on joining the MCU: "I haven't entered poo poo"

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1539266246784466946?s=21&t=E8Hqo1Z6Zc3RZ4XJAaT5bg

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

This is the new "Americans clap when the food comes"

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, I'll check out Blade because I'm a mark... But loving lol if the MCU thinks they'll come anywhere close to Snipes.

Snipes actually met with Feige and Marvel in 2019. He's probably gonna show up as Blade in Secret Wars

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I can’t believe the entire DC Cinematic Universe has come down to Shazam movies

What a timeline

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Blue beetle will probably get cancelled

Seems like Zsaslav wants a total reboot

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

It just wrapped up filming. I don’t think it’ll get cancelled, it didn’t seem like it had direct ties to the Keaton/Flash stuff going on.

I hope it doesn’t get cancelled. I love the Blue Beetle characters, and it might pave the way for a Blue and Gold movie.

I dont think Ted Kord is even in it.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
3 things:

1) Everyone in Hollywood is full of poo poo and a total bullshiter so you will never know how much Zack Snyder's Justice League cost to finish and how succesful it was financially upon release
2) They should splice together all footage filmed for Michael Keaton in Aquaman 2, The Flash, and Batgirl and just do a Dark Knight Strikes Again movie with Keaton Batman.
3) It seems like Robbie Pattinson Batman Universe projects are all cancelled: GCPD, Arkham, Penguin, and the reimagining of Batman the animated series LOL

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I also love how WB is so insecure about Batigirl when Disney took New Mutants (A film they had nothing to do with and was finished before buying FOX) and said gently caress it and gave that poo poo* a full theatrical release with marketing and everything.

*I actually think the movie is cool and got poo poo on for no reason

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Even more hillarious is the fact that Flash was announced way back that it was gonna be a multiverse movie and there were articles written how WB was embracing the multiverse and while they dragged their feet with it Marvel announced and releaesed 2 major multiverse hits and laid out a roadmap for their entire multiverse saga and Flash is still a year away lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

Snyder has put a curse on WB. This is the only explanation.

WB has been loving up DC properties since the 1980s. Have you seen Superman III?