Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I want to catch up on the MCU and I'm annoyed that I apparently just can't rent Far From Home or Venom online. I am not going to buy either because there is no need to watch any MCU movie more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I would like to see a black Superman but set in the 50s or 60s. An invulnerable black person who could level the planet by themselves living in America in that time period could be a pretty interesting story. But if it's just another plain old Superman story But He's Black Now, ehhh

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Like Whedon, Abrams is actually really good at casting and even if the film is bad whoever he casts would carry it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I was never into joss whedon's stuff and it aged even worse but he did make stars out of a bunch of people. I don't give a poo poo about Firefly but the cast was great

Ridley, Boyega, and Isaac made the last SW films seem better than they were. new star trek casting was really good but the films were ehhhh

Roman fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 26, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah not impressed with the trailer. The hand joke was funny. But I have HBO Max anyway so I'll watch it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I like the vibe of what Gunn seems to be going for, it's just that what was in the trailer didn't wow me. Stuff like the bag of dicks banter seemed to be trying too hard. But after watching the great Harley Quinn show my bar is pretty high.

He's being really enthusiastic on Twitter and answering everyone's questions etc. so this probably wasn't some deal where the studio shoehorned in a bunch of garbage (like the original Justice League). So for that alone I'll see the movie.

Roman fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 27, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Wonder Woman 84 is back on HBO Max and while I didn't like it, I did appreciate it as actually feeling like the kind of superhero movie that would have been made in the early 80s, which I assumed was the intention.

But aside from a few bits it wasn't great and didn't feel like it fit in the same universe as the first WW or the Snyder stuff.

Guy on news channel discussion panel talking about how mankind being introduced to the Superman has completely shook the foundations of the world: "Man, this is even crazier than the time the magic wish guy appeared on every TV on earth and granted everyone's wish but it brought about the end of the world and we all had to renounce our wishes."

Roman fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Suicide Squad had some good bits but it never really engaged me. Like a Marvel movie, I'm probably going to forget about most of it in an hour and have zero desire to ever watch it again.