Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Xaris posted:

my problem is i can barely speak English or remember like 99% of the words out there? cursive is an alien language. half of the time these days im like uhhh wwhat was that word again.. gently caress my brain is rotting. oh well. *2 days later at 2am in the morning* OH poo poo THAT WAS IT

how da gently caress am i supposed to learn mandarin?

you need to be surrounding yourself for 12+ hours a day in chinese language content. any media you consume that diverges from this path should be considered a shameful failure. that includes this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I am boycotting the use of all delivery apps therefore anyone who uses a delivery app is a scab

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

why aren't stocks going down yet

take your money out of the drat market you fuckers, the country is collapsing

Lol the entire neoliberal project of the last century is to decouple the world of capital from the world of government. Number go up.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

tesla is going to buy facebook

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Rutibex posted:

how do you do city UBI? won't every homeless person in america move to new york?

ever heard of a little thing called means testing

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

a recession is a political tool not a reflection of any economic reality

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Smythe posted:

time to recline in my chair and collect my outrage quotes and probations :grin:

go watch your cock and ball torture we'll be here when you get back

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

BurnAllTheSuburbs posted:

Any reason in particular you feel the need to put words in my mouth? I'm not scared of cities, I'm just not a fan of chud-filled murder-cities in particular. I live in a city, a very safe one though.

let's hear your top 5 cities

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

so how about those bitcoins

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

That's inflation, not deflation.

Deflation is that your loan you took out 2 years ago with what was then a reasonable monthly burden is now so usurious it can't be paid. Deflation on a large scale rapidly collapses debt encumbered capitalist economies.

And by rapidly I mean like, a month or two.

Is there a historical example of this

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Skyl3lazer posted:

Lmao if you're going to buy in to this waiting for a short squeeze you don't buy and sell on the same loving day at a loss you morons. Don't take stock advice from internet forums and have a loving entrance and exit strategy, don't just buy a stock randomly and then sell it for 10% less a minute later.

gently caress you dad

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

mycomancy posted:

I should probably max out my credit card to do this right, shouldn't I?

if you have any belongings or body parts to sell now is the time

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

mila kunis posted:

omfg this loving guy

https://www.ft.com/content/9e4b2cb7-b3bb-4c79-a9af-83b9085ea7af

Biden signals willingness to compromise on $1.9tn stimulus

President says he is open to lowering income threshold for $1,400 government cheques

The US president suggested on Monday that his administration might be willing to meet centrist lawmakers’ demands to reduce the $1.9tn pricetag of the White House plan, which is the new administration’s top legislative priority.

On Sunday, Brian Deese, director of the National Economic Council, met with a group of mostly moderate Republican and Democratic lawmakers who have argued for the White House to narrow the scope of the fiscal plan to facilitate a deal.

they'll probably just end up giving the checks to residents of georgia only

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Gods_Butthole posted:

So since GME has broken the $175 mark and wrecked Melvin does that more or less mean that the big Hedge Fund well of money is dry and at this point it's just a rush to see who's left holding the bag?

no. there's always a bigger hedge fund.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Stereotype posted:

yeah probably. i imagine they are doing something incredibly shady behind the scenes and if their website jsut one day vanishes yelling at my phone isn't going to do anything

the app has a tendency to go down at suspiciously convenient times for its owners

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

buying gamestop shares is extremely antisemitic if you think about it for one second

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

still can't tell if anything "real" is happening on Friday

reddit will be liquidated. buy reddit shorts.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

If you lose money in the stock market you pay negative taxes. I love science.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I always wondered where money came from and now I know, it comes from hedge funds

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

circa 5 pages until this thread starts demanding gangtags

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

this is terrorism

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Don Pigeon posted:

here is what is going to happen:

the federal government will bail Wall Street out
people who posted on /r/WSB will get a nice visit from the FBI
buying and selling stocks without a rich middleman is going to be illegal

the last point will not happen but they will pass laws to make it even easier to shut down trading if it goes in a direction they don't like

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

what's next after this, mass coordinated 401k withdrawals?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

empty whippet box posted:

you know what would really help the stock market right now? a major scandal that proved beyond doubt that almost nobody should participate in it at all unless they are part of a tiny insular in group that is protected by the government to the detriment of literally everybody else.

oh sorry looks like we have to make 401k contributions mandatory for every american now

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

i am harry posted:

gently caress YOU SKULL.GIF FOR BRINGING GREENWALD INTO THIS HALLOWED THREAD

found a liberal

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

shyduck posted:

I bought a dog today

you can't buy animals

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

lot of psychotic episodes happening rn which is great

All I wanted was a pepsi

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Lawman 0 posted:

wait are you guys seriously trading dogecoin, the joke currency?
?
??????????????????

every dogecoin trade causes robinhood to lose money

I just made this up but it feels right

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I.pronounce it doggy coin

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Delta-Wye posted:

friend in nyc send me this picture from near the bull. the internet is starting to show up... in person.

big scientology protest energy

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Senator can you explain to me in simple terms what a block chain is, no fancy language just talk like a normal american

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

A what

Speak english einstein

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Agrajag posted:

wht the fuuuck

it's times like these when it's comforting to remember that joe biden is not a Real Fascist

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Epstein was not in "prison" he was in a cia black site disguising itself as a prison

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

yer in one

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Wow

https://www.drought.gov/states/arizona

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Woof Blitzer posted:

Enron was like 20 years ago lol.

absolutely nobody knows what enron actually did other than something vaguely bad having to do with power

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

communists can own knives but they cannot own video games

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

mila kunis posted:

what does this mean. [action guy voice] can the technobabble nerd put it in english

contango is the opposite of backwardation you moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Marx Headroom posted:

i guess what im trying to say is that when coders solve problems they inevitably create a different, harder set of problems that must be solved by someone else. it's a fractally expanding sea of poo poo. every coding framework is a bilge pump that makes the boat sink faster, and when you jump ship you just build another bilge pump.

this is a good thing as long as they stick to websites and don't try to do real world poo poo like making cars move.