Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Rutibex posted:

for anyone who gets evicted from there home with 1 weeks notice always keep in mind that you can irreparably destroy a buildings foundation with a $50 bucket of Dexpan and a hammer drill

:cheers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cvcnkzK8Jk

Evicted straight into prison, brilliant play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Rutibex posted:

i wouldnt call energy drinks "food"

Anything with a supplement label is not eligible to be purchased with SNAP so I suppose the government agrees. Of course billy bob gets around this by buying a two liter of Dr. Prepper which is totally food.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

Food stamp allowances are still the same despite prices going up :)

I got like an extra $25 on mine in Tennessee this month after that bill passed, you sure about that?

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Well that covers RC and moon pies.

typo*

actually 25 dollars lmao

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

stellers bae posted:

My Prius has a foot operated parking brake

Yep my 3rd gen has a foot operated ebreak

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Paradoxish posted:

I like how we're backed into a corner now where the lower end of the economy is being buoyed by expanded unemployment and anything we do to force people back into extremely low-wage, lovely jobs will crater their ability to actually spend money

Around where I live all the fast food places are proudly displaying on their signs that they offer $10 a hour now, up from the former $8.50. Progress!

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Vox Nihili posted:

It would never be allowed by the people with hands on the real levers of power.

actually, there is no one at the helm

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Azathoth posted:

is there any decent estimates on how many people there are left who would actually return to the service sector?

my gut says that they're all either dead, retired, or got a job outside of the service industry but it'd be nice to have something to back that up

Anecdotally in rural TN all the people who got laid off from service work during the early days have gotten much better jobs by having time to sit and search for them.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

mod sassinator posted:

God drat ground beef and bacon are expensive this week. I think the most expensive I've seen them yet. Bacon 9.99 for a 12oz pack of store brand stuff that sold for 4.99 all day every day last year. Beef 3lb logs of 80/20 are happily advertised at near $15--usually buy these at $9.

As long as McDoubles are still 2 for $3.00 - $4.00 we are good, so once they rise above that strap yourselves in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Agean90 posted:

i figure when gas prices start exceeding minimum wage American society starts collapsing.

love to watch the incoming collapse of society

I live in a southern bubba land where all the fast food places were paying 9.00 an hour before the plague, but your fears are misplaced because they all pay 12 an hour now.