Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Wish I'd had the money to buy a straddle on GME, I knew something fuckin crazy would happen today but not which direction it would go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
CNBC just now: "This, while interesting, is not affecting the broader market"

strong "What are you gonna do, stab me?" vibes here

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Stereotype posted:

I'm watching Mr Robot again and lol they keep saying "the only reason everything keeps going is because people have faith in the system" and welp

all day today I thought this would be a good time to rewatch Mr Robot lol

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

the cowards at e-trade won't let me make a short-straddle option

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

cumshitter posted:

i figured it out: picking the covered call option on TDA's option interface also includes me buying/selling 100 shares. thats why i was getting the crazy pricing.

glad i spent time looking into it instead of pulling the trigger

yeah e-trade was giving me weird numbers when I was pricing stuff earlier today

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Bernie and maybe Warren will yell at some Wall Street people for a few minutes and nothing will happen

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

lol at everyone who gave these ghouls their DNA so they could brag about what percent Italian or Irish or whatever they are

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

oxsnard posted:

romney should've won in 2012 lol

One of my favorite things about that cycle is that in 2011 the GOP bigwigs went to Chris Christie and begged him to run: they'd help clear the primary field, they'd write any checks he needed, they would give him a free ride to the general to take on Obama

and he was too much of a coward to take the shot

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

nomad2020 posted:

I've retired from peeing in cups, I can be talked into a saliva test for the right job though. That at least gets it to somewhere between overnight and a week and they're prone to false negatives.

saliva tests are a mess

I just took over some lab liaison duties at my job and ton of re-test requests are for saliva samples that test positive for amphetamine and then negative on the re-test

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

let's not sleep on the damage the male-to-male generator crowd is gonna do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At0advb9_fA

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Marx Headroom posted:

griddy is shutting down lol

for those who missed it, griddy was the power company that gave Texas customers 5-digit heating bills during the recent Day After Tomorrow extended ARG

the griddy family is pissed

turns out day-trading your electricity billing rate wasn't a good idea

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

it appears DeSantis already opened 'er up back in September, but he'll announce it again tomorrow anyway because he's that big of an rear end in a top hat

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The_Franz posted:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1366758563822129156?s=20

wsb: the etf. this is real. it's available tomorrow at $25

isn't this the dude who is on twitter several times a year crying about how badly he got owned by the stock market

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

My house value is up 150% since 2010

insanity

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

wrong drat thread

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

MysteriousStranger posted:

This is why you do market index funds, since the crazy fucks at the top of the food chain cannot let it crash. So it's "safe" and grows at a steady rate. Then move it all to something like bonds or a bigger mix when you get close to retiring.

I put my money in a Vanguard retirement fund with a target year so they'll do all of that for me, I just watch number go up

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no you explained how a subset of people would get more money out of a pointless maneuver instead of just giving everyone more money.

GIVE PEOPLE MONEY

start with me

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

If you live in most of America and want to gamble online, Bitcoin is the only way to do it. My credit union was letting me deposit for a little while to someplace in China but they eventually locked that down so I'm out of action.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

I read this as XFL twice :vince:

the XFL is in talks with the CFL about some kind of partnership

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

actionjackson posted:

drat my 403(b) lookin good

did the 1400 thing officially pass? when do we get the money?

I got my $1400 tonight

it owns

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

actionjackson posted:

wait really?

Yeah, it was pending this afternoon but it's in my account available to spend tonight

I'm gonna spend some of it on poker tournaments and put the rest in "cash on hand" on my eTrade account so I can try to ride some memestonk waves

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

The real reason we eat garbage and feel like poo poo all the time is modern life is loving miserable from top to bottom and fast food is one of the only reliable cheap pleasures left hth

cheezy tots are back at Burger King

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I think there were a couple times years ago where some people got close to a 51% attack, but I might be remembering wrong

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

number and college basketball tournament: a fine Friday

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

The house we got the person ended up just doing a silent auction essentially and picked the best price after a week. I'm honestly surprised that doesn't happen more.

Bought my house in 2010. Someone inherited it after her mom died and told the realtor "just sell it ASAP, I don't want to deal with this"

we were the first to see it the first morning it was available and the realtor took three calls on it while we were there

it's gone up 150% in value since then, not counting the new A/C system and carpet we put in

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

never buy anywhere with a HOA

petty tyrants

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I still don't understand what legal authority an HoA has to enforce anything.

when my folks were down to visit once we drove to St Cloud to see my aunt in her condo

we parked in the space marked "visitor" and some old lady came out to yell at us because we were supposed to park in the space marked for my aunt's condo and someone else may need that visitor spot

these are the people who run HOAs

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

Just gonna build a shack in the woods somewhere.

hope you do better than the last goon who tried this

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

iPhones used to be “free” with a two year mobile deal

lmao at that happening ever again

I can get a 2020 iPhone SE for $5/mo over 30 months

nobody really needs a brand new phone every loving year

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

when I was used car shopping in 2019 there was this one perfect looking car that was $2k below every comparable example of the model in the region and I spent at least two hours poring over the photos and profile to figure out what the hell was wrong with this car

manual transmission

since I do live in a traffic hellscape city with stoplights every 8 blocks and city speed limits of like 40mph it would've been a pain in the rear end to drive

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Dems can't pass another stimulus, their last reconciliation bullet is gonna be used on the infrastructure bill

the purpose of the second stimulus bill is to get republicans on the record saying "eat poo poo and die" to 99% of the country

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

MysteriousStranger posted:

I'm closing on a place and the HOA is just loving shy of a G a month. Gas, electric, water are all free though as is the usual gym/pool/extras. I'm not too bitter over it, as the HOA pays the building super, janitor, engineer, security, and other staffs paychecks.

free power? sounds like you're in a good position to enter the wonderful world of crypto mining

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

One thing I've learned over the past decade is that WW2 is extremely poorly taught in like every possible sphere. The Soviet Union played an enormously much more important role in the war than the West would've you believe, the Nazis were like 100x more horrific in how they treated their subjugants than you'd think, the actual war itself was enormously devastating, and so on repeatedly in the same vein. A huge reason why WW2 is conveyed this poorly, especially in the West, is because of Cold War propaganda purposes. I really cannot convey enough how incredibly big of a deal WW2 was back when people were actually fighting it, when they were actually living through it.

my hometown was literally on the list of German air bombing targets because we supplied coal/coke to the steel mills in Pittsburgh

if the Allies hadn't managed to fight them off in the Atlantic, my folks might very well have been exploded as kids

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Harleys are The Official Vehicle of your dentist's mid-life crisis

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/fxhedgers/status/1386335692779704320?s=21

probably fine

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

about 80% of the mail I get is "we want to buy your house immediately"

bought for $100k in 2010 and now it's valued over $250k lol

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

my work gave a 2% raise to anyone making under $30K a year

i didn't get that because they gave me an extra $.50/hr to take over a whole other job while I work my original one

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

If I had a crystal ball I'd say drive-thru windows are going to begin to see automation real soon, fast food is being rumpus wrecked to the point where the only human is going to be in the back prepping the food. Hell, Sonic already is fully automated for the pull-up stalls, it doesn't take much to imagine moving the card payment feature to the pick up window and having "AI" (someone in a call center in the global south) take your order by yelling at the menu.

So many people have gotten used to eating in their car over the course of the pandemic I'd also not be surprised if fast food restaurants of the future ditch indoor dining entirely and get staffed by like two people. A McMicro-donalds.

Chipotle opened at least one "digital restaurant" during the plague with no indoor dining or seating. Just cooks making stuff and putting it in bags, waiting for people to come pick it up. Little Caesar's is most of the way there now with this pizza warmer box they have up front, you scan a QR code and the little door holding your pizza opens up, you grab it and walk out.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The lovely 1-bedroom I rented in Shadyside is over $1000/mo now, they're probably charging over $100/mo for a parking space on top of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

"Here is Guy Fieri eating food."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxZSGuliWko