Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

Treasurer

Hmmmm this is a tough one. The knowledge we need about this Black Dawn is probably in this temple.

I'm not sure yet what the best option for House Lethe is, but House Lethe will offer you 2 coins if your House commits to passing here.

Just checking, is this offer just for house Gambol or is the offer open to others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

The offer's open to everyone, and up to three houses can take it. We're good for that much.

Witnessed (with regards to Lethe).

Quackles posted:

That does indeed seem fair. Pre-emptively Accepted.

Witnessed (for Daucus).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

Just checking, is this offer just for house Gambol or is the offer open to others?

Feel free to accept, open to all.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Bellmaker posted:

Treasurer

Hmmmm this is a tough one. The knowledge we need about this Black Dawn is probably in this temple.

I'm not sure yet what the best option for House Lethe is, but House Lethe will offer you 2 coins if your House commits to passing here.

Sitting Councilmember

It seems the tide of this dilemma has shifted. Regardless of what the right course of action is here, we of House Gambol know when to cut our losses, especially when no one's biting.

House Gambol accepts the offer to Pass.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Remember to cancel our offers please.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

LPFinale posted:

Sitting Councilmember

It seems the tide of this dilemma has shifted. Regardless of what the right course of action is here, we of House Gambol know when to cut our losses, especially when no one's biting.

House Gambol accepts the offer to Pass.

Witnessed!

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

Treasurer

House Cyfoeth Accepts the offer from House Lethe
Always a pleasure to work with others.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

scavy131 posted:

House Cyfoeth Accepts the offer from House Lethe
Always a pleasure to work with others.

Witnessed!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Treasurer

With Cyfoeth and Gambol passing, and Daucus committing to Nay, we are upping our offer to 4 coins for Pinchay to pass too. We intend to sign for this.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

Regrettably, I have to decline that offer, since we made an agreement with Daucus to offer them the positive agenda if we win. If we took their money and then passed, it'd be a betrayal of our deal. Therefore, we'll be trying to sign the Nay vote as well.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

Regrettably, I have to decline that offer, since we made an agreement with Daucus to offer them the positive agenda if we win. If we took their money and then passed, it'd be a betrayal of our deal. Therefore, we'll be trying to sign the Nay vote as well.

Fair enough, there have been a lot of deals flying back and forth to keep track of.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bellmaker posted:

Treasurer

With Cyfoeth and Gambol passing, and Daucus committing to Nay, we are upping our offer to 4 coins for Pinchay to pass too. We intend to sign for this.

Can we buy you off to refrain from trying to sign? This sticker is extremely important to us, as we have on balance fewer positive agendas than you (remember, we borrowed our current one from House Pinchay's discards using our ability).

We'd like to make an opening offer of 5 Coins. You'll end up with more coins than you started all this with!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Can't send a reminder on discord so please remember that the deadline for the votes is in about 12h!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Quackles posted:

Can we buy you off to refrain from trying to sign? This sticker is extremely important to us, as we have on balance fewer positive agendas than you (remember, we borrowed our current one from House Pinchay's discards using our ability).

We'd like to make an opening offer of 5 Coins. You'll end up with more coins than you started all this with!

Cyfoeth

I don't think lethe is this gullible but hey I didn't think pinchay was so good luck!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Newcomen I, Dilemma 2, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Nay
Spends 6 Power (current: 5).
Gains 0 Coins minus 12 from Agreements, gains 2 from Storyline bonus: (current: 10).

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 2 Power (current: 13).
Gains 1 Coins gains 2 from Agreement (current: 18).

Gains 2 Power (current: 12).
Gains 1 Coins gains 2 from Agreement (current: 15).

Votes Nay
Spends 2 Power (current: 4).
Gains 0 Coins gains 6 from Agreement, gains 2 from Storyline bonus (current: 16).

Votes Nay
Spends 12 Power (current: 0).
Gains 0 Coins gains 2 from Agreements, gains 2 from Storyline bonus (current: 13).

House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar is the current Leader.

Please doublecheck my math since there were a ton of agreements flying around and I may have missed something!

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: 19

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 20 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: 45

Updated.

Reign of King Newcomen I, Dilemma 3

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +20 Cohesion

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +5 Dissent

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: grandalt (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Oblivion4568238 (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Bellmaker
- Treasurer/Negotiator: SporkChan

Dilemma 3 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

Current destination: Beyond the Obisian Planes
:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Sitting Councilmember

No power, but I have a feeling we would vote aye here if we could.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

Sitting Councilmember

No power, but I have a feeling we would vote aye here if we could.

You know, after that most recent story development, I'd imagine there's more than a little inclination to vote Aye. An extra coin for aye, along with a possible unity bonus is some impressive monetary growth.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Huh. I was expecting that to actually be +Knowledge.

Fortunately, the sticker situation is still kind of OK for us right now.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cyfoeth

So we have found the "Yes dance" skit video from like 15 years ago, apparently.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Seriously? We find a random adaptive cursed book and the council immediately starts heeding its whispers?
Amateurs

That's it, you all are coming to House Gambol's next drunk poetry night. It's a desperate measure but you absolutely need to build up your resistances. Fair warning, update your will beforehand, it's absolutely not for the faint of heart.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

Seriously? We find a random adaptive cursed book and the council immediately starts heeding its whispers?
Amateurs

That's it, you all are coming to House Gambol's next drunk poetry night. It's a desperate measure but you absolutely need to build up your resistances. Fair warning, update your will beforehand, it's absolutely not for the faint of heart.

How could we say no? :v:

(If we knew the outcome Lethe would have leveled the tower)

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

How could we say no? :v:

(If we knew the outcome Lethe would have leveled the tower)

If you'd done that we'd probably have found a cursed stone tablet of curmudgeonicity and just all say no to breathing until we die.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

What? It's a magical book that makes money appear every time you say "Yes". I see absolutely no problem with this.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Amateurs

You've never stopped tooting the Doom Flute, have you?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Of course not.

House Gambol will put some power towards nay. Pre-crime dystopia? Sign us up.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

Of course not.

House Gambol will put some power towards nay. Pre-crime dystopia? Sign us up.

House Lethe has a sudden urge to give all who vote aye 1 coin.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Bellmaker posted:

House Lethe has a sudden urge to give all who vote aye 1 coin.

House Lethe has been overcome by the Positivi-Tome!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Awfully quiet in here, everybody doing some heavy reading? 📖

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bellmaker posted:

Awfully quiet in here, everybody doing some heavy reading? 📖

We’ve decided that from now on, House Daucus will only vote Ayaya or Nya. :cheeky:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Other than House Gambol seeming to enjoy the idea of 'medieval minority report', I'd imagine most are looking at that power pool with envious eyes.

Perhaps of House Lethe were to bold some of their proposals for various positions then more may amount of it.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cyfoeth

Yes we will let gambol do our bidding for us and pass.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey there, just a heads-up! Today/tomorrow are going to be some crazy days for me, so I won't be able to update. I'll have to spend an uncertain amount of hours out of the house and I may not have time to update for a day or two more after that as well.

All is good but this is related to what I explained in the GH thread. King's Dilemma updates are lightweight/automated enough that I don't foresee issues keeping this up, except for the next few days :)

The negotiation/voting window will stay open for 24h more hours in the meantime!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 30, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

As anticipated, I'm going to be spending the best part of tomorrow at the hospital again, so I won't be able to update. Everything has been fine so far, so no worries and thanks for your support :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey everyone, good news, my wife is coming home from the hospital tomorrow, so the day after tomorrow I should be able to go back to the regular schedule for KD :)

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

That Italian Guy posted:

Hey everyone, good news, my wife is coming home from the hospital tomorrow, so the day after tomorrow I should be able to go back to the regular schedule for KD :)

Glad to hear things are going well TIG. Take care of yourself and your family since real life comes first after all.

That being said, can't wait for another quality update!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

scavy131 posted:

Glad to hear things are going well TIG. Take care of yourself and your family since real life comes first after all.

That being said, can't wait for another quality update!

Ditto. Take care of yourself, your wife and your family generally. All the best.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Good to hear. Glad everything's OK :)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

That Italian Guy posted:

Hope all is well!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Thank you everyone for the kind words! Things are getting better, but I'll need one more day before being able to restart the updates :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Newcomen I, Dilemma 3, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Gains 5 Power (current: 10).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

Votes Nay
Spends 3 Power (current: 10).
Gains 0 Coins gains 2 from Storyline bonus: (current: 20).

Gains 5 Power (current: 17).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 16).

Gains 5 Power (current: 9).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 17).

Gains 5 Power (current: 5).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 14).

House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad is the current Leader.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 19 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: 132

Updated.

Reign of King Newcomen I, Dilemma 4

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +5 Dissent

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Slaan (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: eliasswift (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: SporkChan
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Covski

Dilemma 4 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

Current destination: Beyond the Obisian Planes
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.