Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Well it's about loving time someone new entered the console wars, it's been the same poo poo for twenty years now.

Fast food chain KFC is launching a gaming console that warms up chicken.

"The chicken chamber will keep its contents hot, ready for consumption during intense gaming sessions," KFC said.

The company said the console was designed by a global hardware maker and could play top-level games like other gaming machines.

KFC said its new console had a custom-built cooling system that uses heat produced by its components to warm the chicken chamber.

"This machine is capable of running games at top-level specs, all on top of keeping your meal warm for you to enjoy during your gaming experience... what's not to like?" KFC spokesman Mark Cheevers told the BBC.

"If Sony or Microsoft want any tips on how to engineer a chicken chamber for their efforts next time, they'd be welcome to get in touch."

The fast food chain said it currently had no details on the expected price of the gaming console or a release date.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55433318

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can it mine buttcoin

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Finally a console that's already greasy.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Can it mine buttcoin

How much bitcoin could a human brain farm in a months time if it was set up for the task?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
what else can the chicken chamber hold.. the possibilities....

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm amazed that more people aren't so humiliated by anything gamer related that they just stop playing video games entirely.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This isn't the first videogame console, there have been others P. I learned this in Games.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Where are the obnoxious LEDs? Gamers will never go for this; it will sell like their chicken

Also gently caress KFC for abandoning potato wedges

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The first gaming console was a modded abacus.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Weka posted:

The first gaming console was a modded abacus.

Clowning on your friends because their broke-rear end abacus only goes up to eight but since you paid for the subscription yours goes up to twelve.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

is there a way I can turn off ad posts in GBS?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

kentucky fried cum

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

kentucky fried cum

Goon project?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i kinda like their weird rear end cole's law

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

numberoneposter posted:

i kinda like their weird rear end cole's law

Cabbage gazpacho.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Hulk Hogan Meat Console

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
a console that heats chicken and plays 4k games at 120hz? sign me up. i'll play star citizen on it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i was taking out the garbage once at a place i worked at and the dumpster was next to the 50 gallon drums of discarded KFC grease so i took a 2x4 that was lying in the garbage room and jabbed it into the grease and the smell that came out made me instantly gag

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://landing.coolermaster.com/kfconsole/

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the marketing content OP, always happy to get the latest #brands updates in GBS.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat, so strange, I’ve always had this compulsory urge to put fried chicken in a gaming console, like since I was a child, and I never told anyone about it. It was just so strange to me, how the n64 slot seemed to be made to fit 7 burger kind chicken tenders perfectly. God how many times I just wanted to put chicken in there. I would salivate at the thought. Something inside me told me, don’t do this now, something better will come. Some day people will be able to roast a whole rotisserie chicken while they play video games, all in one unit. Do not put chicken tenders in this console, some day Boston market will have a state of the art all in one system, chicken and video games, together. And I would think of those snowy days, the deep reddish orange glow of chicken in the somber blue dusk light, the rotisserie door AUTOMATICALLY PAUSING THE GAME WHEN ITS OPEN (so thoughtful), and a sunfaded Ron popeil poster weeping in the heat, a reminder of an era of the past, when we had to go into another room to eat chicken. :gbsmith:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Here I am cooling my GPU with a couple of fans like a god damned moron.

E: gently caress this I bought a big rear end case and I'm hardly using any of it. I could straight up fit a bucket of chicken in it.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 7, 2021

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
"using" waste heat inside the same closed system that is also generating it means that a volume of space is a kind of heatsink that by design becomes less and less effective the longer the system is running
this has gotta be a joke but i just dont know anymore

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

gary oldmans diary posted:

"using" waste heat inside the same closed system that is also generating it means that a volume of space is a kind of heatsink that by design becomes less and less effective the longer the system is running
this has gotta be a joke but i just dont know anymore

When you eat the chicken you permanently remove the heat from the system. It's genius.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
but removing chicken only replaces the chicken with a a volume of air with no heat capacity and any surfaces that wouldve conducted heat to it remain the same temperature
you have to continually cycle cold cooked chicken into it to be warmed or youre only slowing the removal of heat from the system

its so dumb its gotta be real

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

so what, the heat from my 3070 goes to keeping the deep fryer in my bedroom hot n ready

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

gary oldmans diary posted:

but removing chicken only replaces the chicken with a a volume of air with no heat capacity and any surfaces that wouldve conducted heat to it remain the same temperature
you have to continually cycle cold cooked chicken into it to be warmed or youre only slowing the removal of heat from the system

its so dumb its gotta be real

Yes of course. More chicken! This is the most obvious and beautifully elegant bit of engineering I've ever seen. Why are you being so resistant to this?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

latest titles in 4k, lol

they'll "run" the same way that the goobers who would buy this do, wheezing for breath the whole way

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Hmm, how much chicken can it hold?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

latest titles in 4k, lol

they'll "run" the same way that the goobers who would buy this do, wheezing for breath the whole way

Lol look at the graphics whore, so shallow. KFConsole isn't about bleeding-edge specs, it's about the disruptive innovation of its exclusive chicken chamber feature. You could say it's a total gamechanger.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Lol look at the graphics whore, so shallow. KFConsole isn't about bleeding-edge specs, it's about the disruptive innovation of its exclusive chicken chamber feature. You could say it's a total gamechanger.

if it went the retro console route it'd probably hold up a lot better for the length of time it would take for eating some console chicken to start sounding good

also be more honest in its advertising (it's literally promising "the latest titles in 4k"), but well, capitalism isn't about that

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I got a built in chicken chamber and can play games. This claim on "first" is some Mickey Mouse bullshit my youth.

Also gently caress KFC for abandoning potato wedges.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Does it play Leg of Legends?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What if you, hypothetically speaking, your friend perhaps, just jam your penis in it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Hmm, how much chicken can it hold?

It’s probably just a leg and a thigh, gotta have somewhere to go for a 2.0 version. :dadjoke:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Most consoles can heat up chicken if you slice it thin enough. Or you know, just set the chicken on the console as it heats up.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Most consoles can heat up chicken if you slice it thin enough. Or you know, just set the chicken on the console as it heats up.

And you can sear a steak with a car cigarette lighter but that's not what it's for. This has a designated chicken chamber ingeniously manufactured into the body of the computer. I'm sorry but do we live in a world so full of technological wonders that this is barely impressive to you?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think when we approach modern quantum computing and the elusive super state we have to also consider a quantum pure state, that can be achieved in multiple ways in a solving processor. The function of the superstate is not to render a memory image of the path of least electronic resistance, but to perform a qualitative analysis of multiple approaches to a baffle and mitigate arc potential with novel forms as the electron approaches a ground state. A pure state can be achieved in multiple forms in complex and compound calculations, and the superstate’s purpose is not to produce chaotic or random results that approach a decimated exponent that renders a near approximation of a solution, but to facilitate simultaneous non-volatile descriptors in whole number values that project a fractal integral onto potential baffle limits in proportionate and complementary geometries of the exact sum. :thunk:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Funky See Funky Do posted:

And you can sear a steak with a car cigarette lighter but that's not what it's for. This has a designated chicken chamber ingeniously manufactured into the body of the computer. I'm sorry but do we live in a world so full of technological wonders that this is barely impressive to you?

Spoken like a man who has never savored the heavenly delights of steak a la allume-cigare d'une Buick Skylark de 1973.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The hardware company they partnered with also makes gaming chairs that support up to 400 lbs so KFC clearly did their homework.