Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

the old one got closed. I'll put some useful/interesting/funny stuff here later but I am going to smoke weed right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
hell yeah post cats, dogs, birds, whatever you got

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
here is a pic of some weed I grew over the summer:

2 Grandaddy Purples, 2 OG Kushes, and 1 Amherst Sour Diesel. Yielded in total around 100g of very decent flower and a bunch of larf (and buds I was too lazy to trim well) that I'm going to turn into bubble hash sometime this winter. If you live in a state where you won't get arrested for doing it outside, I can't recommend enough growing your own weed. It's really not that hard, the investment is pretty minimal, you get a ton of weed at the end of it. I'm a huge dumbass and this was my first time and I somehow managed to grow enough weed to gift a ton to friends and still keep me set for a long time.
However I didn't put enough ventilation in my little green house because my weed came unfortunately (but not disastrously) fluffy and isn't as nice a smoke as it could be. Vapes perfectly well though! Now I know for next year :hellyeah:

Also find attached a picture of the good, good boy that helped me build my greenhouse all grinning like a big ole goofball

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fortaleza posted:

Fantastic stuff. I'm going to be building a greenhouse out back this year, for sure going to have some weed in there. Thinking something like blackberry kush since I'm a sucker for the fruity gimmick strains.

Hell yes, you're going to have a blast. Check in on https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3277879 when the time comes. They were a huge help when I was getting my grow off the ground.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

ah, finally, the cspam background we've been waiting for

What do y'all prefer? I usually smoke from a bong when I'm by myself because it's more efficient but I way prefer blunts, especially in groups. Joints almost feel too small to bother with

I almost exclusively vape nowadays just because the hits are so easy on the lungs.
but man oh man oh man a nice big blunt in a park right around twilight with some friends? nothing better. can't wait for spring and hopefully being able to go meet up with people without having to worry too much.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
thank you mods for correcting my mistake in the thread title

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
spent a few of my trumpbucks to buy one of these guys:

an epic vape e-nano

I like it a lot so far, it looks nice and I can leave it on my desk all day without having it take up as much space (or be as expensive) as one of the bigger vape units. The temperature adjustment is pretty good too.

I also bought some CBD shatter on the advice of a friend and it's not bad! I was (and still am, kind of) really skeptical about most CBD stuff because I've never felt anything from it ever, but this stuff relaxed me without any of the psychotropic effects of weed. Might be good to keep some on hand when I want to smoke but can't really spend the rest of the day on the couch.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I find that even when way too high, 5-10mg of melatonin can pretty reliably send me into a very deep and restful sleep

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I;m smoking on that Weed

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
black coffee and sour diesel this morning :beerpal:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I hope not because I drink this stuff all the time:

which if anyone hasn't tried, check your local asian market, it's very popular in Korea and I think lots of SE asia as well. extremely good juice.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

tmfc posted:

left to right:

lemon bean live budder
rollins live sauce
pineapple express live budder

having a wonderful time

I've got 4 giant jars of weed and I'm still probably going to the dispensary after payday to get some really overpriced live butter because it's just that good

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Chinatown posted:

smoking, drinking (weed lemonade), and vaping tonight

bout to make guava leaf tea and do a little cities-skylines before beddy

this sounds so good

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
spent a few hours earlier in the week sitting in my room smoking and watching the snow fall and it was an incredibly peaceful experience

strongly recommend to anyone

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
it is good to listen to phish while high because...

a) phish is good, actually
b) something about the simple and repetitious but meandering nature of most of their songs is way more pleasing while high
c) it reminds you of when you were smoking weed and listening to phish in high school
d) trick question; phish sucks

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lib and let die posted:

You almost got me, PE.

joke all you want but I smoked too much last night and spent a solid 20-30 minutes staring out my window like don draper and thinking incredibly hard about this very important question

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
got high last night and watched 3+ hours of chart party and I'm going to do it again tonight (& pretty good & dorktown)

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

20 Blunts posted:

weed, good

im thinkin about sous videing some weed. seems like a mason jar w./ butter + thc in a bath would be like perfect science weed

please let me know if this works because I have a bunch of weed that needs buttering and access to a sous vide thing

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
hell yes. HELL yes

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Inspector Hound posted:

"jUsT gRoW aT hOmE" sounds loving terrifying and impossible, I know, but a little bit of money will get you

A small tent
A small light
A small fan
A bag of coco
Two fabric pots
The plant food you'll need

Seeds you can get online, there's a whole grip of sites that will mail them to you, and the Growing Cannabis Made Fun and Easy thread right here on the SA forums will answer any questions you have along the way. It won't get you an eighth tomorrow, but it will get you a couple ounces in a few months, and it's totally doable.

gotta agree with this. for maybe a $300 outlay (most of that being seeds, and enough of them for me to grow my max allowable plants this year and next) I, a huge incompetent dumbass, grew a full pound of extremely decent very smokable bud and more processable trim and popcorn than I cared to weigh. I grew outside though so it'll be more expensive indoors, but not that much more expensive.

At any rate even if your yields are bad you'll save way more than you spent on your gear and seeds after your first grow. also it's a lot of fun.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mayor Dave posted:

i would grow weed but i live in an apartment and i don't have the money to build a whole filtration system

Red Baron posted:

an in-line filter is ~$100-200 and isn’t for everyone’s budget but I can happily report that it works really well and can keep any smells confined to a single very small room.

yeah the carbon line filters are incredible. You'll need a tent because you need to manage pressure but (if you've set it up correctly) once you zip up the door and turn the fan on you won't be able to smell anything. A friend of mine lives in an apartment and now grows his own weed because I couldn't shut the gently caress up about growing weed. He got a tent + light + filter kit and vented it out his window and even near the end of his 3-plant grow the only way I could detect even a hint of any sort of weedy smell was by detaching the exhaust hose and sticking my nose directly into the filter outlet tube. they're really good.

in growing your own weed type of guy stuff I'm getting sick of smoking flower and having these giant jars of weed and am now looking into getting a press setup so I can produce my own rosin. they're expensive though. maybe after joe biden gives me my loving money

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
spent one hundred united states dollars on a tiny little smear of wax. throw illinois right in the trash.

on the other hand, it's LA wedding pop and this stuff kicks rear end

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

tmfc posted:

i definitely have papers but i suck at rolling j's, i always mangle them. i usually just get the pre-formed, pre-tipped Raw cones

:yeah:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
that'll get you high right there I don't care who y'are

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Got to do one of my favorite things yesterday.

Handing out free medical cannabis I grew to my friends who live in the park.

this is insanely loving cool

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Kazinsal posted:

favourite thing about quitting drinking and switching to weed out is that I have fewer “oh god why did I do that” moments in the morning after and more “haha yeah I can see why I did that” moments

your “oh gently caress I’ve gone too far” is followed up with “time to get a big glass of water and a YouTube playlist of How It’s Made episodes” instead of “I am going to want to die from 5 am to 5 pm tomorrow”

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
banned from my local trader joe's after getting stuck in the tub of strawberry haze like winnie the pooh for the third time

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
can’t get more concentrated than 100%. grip n rip babey

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
keif pics got my mouth watering

Virgil Vox posted:

how long can you keep keif in the bottom of your grinder, or rather what’s the best way to store it?

I keep mine in a glass jar with a rubber gasket. I've done this for years with AFAIK no discernable degradation in quality. My guess is it helps to keep it cool & dry

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
guerrilla grows have been a thing forever, and a lot of them weren’t/aren’t too much more complicated than “we threw a bunch of bag seed around in an abandoned lot”

the quality and the yield will suffer a lot, but you’ll get something. For example: I, a huge idiot, grew a shitload of pretty great weed on my first try

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
vape pen & carts definitely

then when you want to step up get a little desktop rig (e-nano) and flower

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

DoombatINC posted:

Unfiltered vapor is dry and hot - especially on portable herbal vapes where you're inhaling 400+ degree aerosols from a literal oven an inch away from your lips - which is why the church of the vapor bong tends to preach so enthusiastically

speaking of, does anyone have any recommendations for something compatible with the e-nano (with the GonG adapter, I assume)?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
ooh nice. I will probably order this after payday. thanks!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
like a cartridge vape? if so they're really brand dependent but feeling that bad makes me think it's getting way too hot. Can you dial it down or is it one of those no option pull-to-activate guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
the last time I really sent myself into outer space I laid on my couch and watched the sunlight hit a fold in the curtains I found it so beautiful I got pretty emotional about it. A wonderful weed memory that I still think about months later.

anyway I didn't grow at all last year and still have 1.5+ lbs of buds plus however much offcuts + shake, but also my friend gave me a packet of jack herer seeds that he can't stop gushing about so I've got a few of those awaiting planting right now. Way late start to the season but spring here has been so hosed up there wasn't really a good time to start until this week. I guess I'll just pray for a warm fall and let them go absolutely as long as I can. If they produce anything at all I think I'm going to get one of those nug smashers and turn the stuff I have now into goo. Of all the problems you can have, having an annoying amount of weed sitting around isn't too bad.