Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I only just recently learned the name of this structure from an urban exploration channel on Youtube: the Petrova Gora monument.

There apparently isn't much to the building in person; it's an empty tower that was originally a monument to Croatia's resistance against the Nazis (?). It just looks cool; like a real life version of a structure you'd build in Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2.

This is an extremely problematic monument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Milo and POTUS posted:

some metro station in Iran apparently

That really reminds me of the DC Metro, but cooler

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If you want some more fun Pittsburgh stuff, look no further than the Westinghouse Atom Smasher, which is just sitting in some grass behind some houses

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bonster posted:

Longwood garden is amazing.

Longwood Gardens is one of America's wonders, it's lovely that it isn't better known. It's incredibly touristy but it could be way worse.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Union station in LA is actually quite nice, oddly enough.

Why is it so tiny?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lol wow I think it is. That's embarrassing. The real thing is just as cool.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DicktheCat posted:

Then what about the incessant heartbeat under my floorboards?

Noise. Cancelling. Headphones.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Every idealized and interesting living space humans have ever built eventually breaks down from the strain of humans living in it and the fact that humans are lazy and don't maintain everything. The best space for people to live in is a nicely built three bedroom ranch style house, one story, that can be cheaply and easily maintained and also cheaply and easily added on to as needed. That's the true organic space.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

They're not especially common in towns built after the widescale adoption of natural gas or electricity because they were more necessary when they had to produce the gas from coal and store it locally. Nowadays you generally put the giant tank of gas somewhere else and pipe it in under pressure.

We've got at least two gasometers in Philadelphia, one from 1856. It's just too much work to demolish or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I bet that's where the characters on Melrose Place get their teeth cleaned