Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
H67 owns despite it's flaws, the biggest probably being right on the river and cold as hell even by montreal standards.

The ford foundation building is incredible if you ask me

Kevin roche owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He also worked on and completed the John Deere World Headquarters in Moline, IL

These are kinda cool and I've never seen them before

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Another Montreal entry, the Place Bonaventure was at the time of its completion it the second largest commercial building in the world. At first sight from the ground it's pretty typical brutalist fare. We've seen better and we've seen far worse.

Looking a little prettier come night time

But appearances are often deceiving and usually all it takes is a small change in perspective.

The top floors are taken up by a hotel that surrounds a quadrangle with one of the greatest roof gardens I've ever seen, over 2 acres in size

And it's even more impressive close up

And what hotel would be complete without a heated swimming pool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hell yeah post it. I thought about doing the winchester mystery house but I think it'd be better if someone who actually went there did it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

^^^^ thanks it looks good

The American Radiator building is an unmistakable part of the midtown manhattan skyline today, located just south of Bryant park I believe.

Surprisingly difficult to find good pictures of to share, it looks like something old school batman would be perched upon

If anyone wants to follow up with write ups and poo poo be my guest I don't have that sort of attention span anymore

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I have no clue I stole them from wikipedia lol. Sounds about right though. They look totally different from his ordinary output. Check out the interior pics of the john deere world headquarters they're fancy as hell.

I can't remember how I found it*, but Brookfield place has an interesting interior if you ask me.

I'm not entirely sure what I think of Santiago Calatrava but I do know I absolulely adore him compared to frank gehry

*probably a deep wiki dive after looking at the west deadmonton mall to see how it stacked up against other shopping centers of canadian metros

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

sugar mouse posted:

This one is fairly close to where I live. It's called Wollaton Hall and apparently a batman film used the location. There's also a lot of deer that live in the grounds and every year, there's stupid tourists who get too close to the males. Anyway, it's a stunning building.

It's definitely a cool building but that style and that lighting remind me of something....

*I do not know enough to know if that's the right place for the logo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

On to something much holier, the Temppeliaukio Church in Helsinki is pretty neat. Instead of flying buttresses and ornate features you'd associate with more southerly (and -catholic-) churches, this Lutheran number is built into the rock itself and it's definitely interesting to look at. Peter would be proud

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Edmonton in Alberta's best known tourist trap attraction is the West Edmonton Mall, the largest in the world for quite some time and still probably worth checking out I guess if you're into that sort of thing. While younger me loved malls, older me is all about botanical gardens, especially greenhouses and conservatories. The Muttart Conservatory is probably one of the more unique ones.

Each of the pyramids showcases different biomes plus a seasonal one so there's plenty of plants to look at and pretend you're in a biodome on an alien planet when you're out of your mind on shrooms

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I am going to perform CPR on this thread until it can fly on its own and none of yall can stop me

Live out your O neill cylinder* fantasies in the Crystal Bridge in Myriad Botanical Gardens in OKC. Yes I know that o neill cylinders don't work like that

Exterior:

Interior

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Tropical Islands Resort in Germany is the world's fourth largest building by volume and the largest indoor petri dish waterpark in the world! It's housed in a former airship hangar. You've probably noticed a running theme in most of my entries. Anyway, visit and get covid in style! (j/k, they're closed atm I think)

Some exteriors

The green spaces are pretty much the main draw for me

Attractions for normies

Cool off after one of germany's famously hot tropical days

Overview

For scale

Pneub posted:

I think I blew that place up when I was playing Rogue Squadron, whoops.

Edmonton?!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

sticklefifer posted:

When the world is uninhabitable and we're all living in those things, thousands of people will still insist it's not that bad outside and spread conspiracy stories about how their friend's neighbor left the dome the other day and barely melted at all.

Funny that you mention that

I guess pretend that it was enclosed in something

And from downtown...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Those are some lovely rear end domes bro

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It is way harder than you'd think to get good pictures of igloos. I blame pinterest

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Helmsley building in NYC is a handsome building with an interesting function

I'm not a big car guy but I'm huge on "tunnels through buildings" guy

Once more with the whole shebang

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Norway has tons of cool buildings! Do you have any knowledge of the Samfundet in trondheim? It's supposed to have such mazes that it's never been mapped out which seems like a nightmare in case of fire but wow for the rest of the time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Does anyone know of a japanese architect with pretty ornate and kinda old school 8-bit video gamey facades on his skyscrapers? I kinda liked it but damned if I can remember who it was anymore and man there's a lot of japanese architects on wikipedia

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Rooms in St Johns Newfoundland is designed to look like one of the myriad fishing cottages that line the provincial coastline

It's also loving HUGE

Just a nice view inside

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Someone should do an effortpost on the Cathedral of Learning. Namely someone who's been there

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's surprisingly difficult to find decent high res pictures of the Taipei 101 in my usual spots so uh it's just pictures I guess. Anyway it's one of my favorite buildings in the pacific rim and is made to look like a pagoda! Wow!

They love fireworks!

The most interesting thing is the giant dampener to keep the builing safe from earthquakes and typoons. AC/DC wrote a song about it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That square lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This is probably controversial for a lot but I actually do like the lloyds building

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does anyone know of a japanese architect with pretty ornate and kinda old school 8-bit video gamey facades on his skyscrapers? I kinda liked it but damned if I can remember who it was anymore and man there's a lot of japanese architects on wikipedia

This was shin Takamatsu it turns out

Sadly demolished. Kinda cool and weird. love it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Some church in hong kong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Are those painted or coffered

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Iran has some amazing buildings.

The shah cheragh looks pretty typical from the outside but in the inside looks like

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Just leave them on the stairs since they're insurance people

Not a building but a cool rear end subway station in stockholm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Just a pretty rear end train station in philly i think. Idk I stole it from reddit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Way nicer than the bog standard american protestant megachurch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

singapore has a ton of cool looking buildings fyi

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I love brick

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The place is cool and I'm glad it got some attention. There's some giant paintball/ropes/team building bullshit park around the corner I think too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Another church, this one is thorncrown chapel and pretty nice i think

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lol I found an art deco church that's in tulsa that I feel about the same

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

some metro station in Iran apparently

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017