Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Zero_Grade posted:

Finally this stupid loving season is over.

Put an asterisk next to everything and never bring it up again.

No one's bowl appearance streak should be counted as over. Especially when there was a reasonable chance of 4-5 or worse teams getting bowl games because "who cares, just invite whatever."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He had some recruiting problems at PSU that were beyond the sanctions, mainly related to deficiencies at certain positions. In retrospect, this is obviously because he's not great at roster management. But, he did have a battered team punching above its weight.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

orange is just an ugly color you are overthinking this sorry to offend

Things that should be orange:

Oranges
Cheez-Its
Orange cheeses
Hunting camo
Salmon eggs?
I'm running out of ideas here.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My diploma has the name of a guy actually convicted of Sandusky crimes on it and I didn't set if on fire because I'm pretty sure the replacement would still have Graham Spanier on it?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Seriously, who names a kid Tathan

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah this seems like a no-brainer thing not to charge for and just eat the cost

They also charge you like $50 to email you a pdf of your transcripts, so, you know, colleges.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Look, everyone is entirely too hard on Hack. Anyone would have PTSD after one game behind that line.

Dude probably still wakes up in a cold sweat thinking there was a DE coming around on his blind side.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I regret not buying the box of AAF trading cards I saw at Target the day after the league folded.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

I would assume they're going to try to distance the players from their real life counterpart even more this time around.

I never got why they didn't do that the first time. Every program has tendencies you can rely on for the not real players, so you can get them to play like the real thing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

their weird idea that people want a lovely storyline mode with voice acting and cutscenes.

I did like the Heisman Mode Dorm Room thing they had at one point. Where your girlfriend got hotter the better you got :v:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

soggybagel posted:

GTA: Vice City 2 Loading Screen

If there's anything GTA is missing, it is sports corruption.

GTA: Vice City 2 should definitely have bag man missions. DEFINITELY.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

drunk leprechaun posted:

I know Utah and CMU both have similar agreements in place with the respective tribes they are named after.

I thought CMU did this whole "no no we're named after the river" thing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm surprised they haven't pulled it because every comment everywhere it is posted is making fun of it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DocPsychosis posted:

Pulling the ad is admitting defeat. At this point they should just lean into the joke with increasingly ridiculous graphics over the next 3 days.

They have since made a 50/55 one with the comment of "no magnifying glass needed."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Ah yes. Can’t wait to see this game when I’m in my late 40s and both programs will be completely different.

NCAA scheduling is so loving stupid.

I waited like 15 years for the PSU@VT game, then a global pandemic canceled it and there's no plan to reschedule.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

When does Space Force get a football team?

I'm not sure they have enough people to fill out a roster

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

Most over-rated school in texas is... Alabama. First of all, Alabama pretty much is always rated exactly where they need to be because they've earned the benefit of the doubt. Secondly, Alabama... isn't in texas?

I suppose you could parse it as what school is perceived as overrated by Texans.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He stole our TE coach so I just assumed that Urban is going to systematically weaken all non Ohio State teams

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Did they let him pet the Aflac duck?

I have a lot of duck questions. Is there more than one? Is it even a real duck? Does he get a little duck sized directors chair with his name on it?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

soggybagel posted:

For example, Stanford from 1930 to 1972 was known as the Indians.

I literally did not know that. Also, sort of an odd one for Stanford.

Penn State once changed its colors and no one even acknowledges that it happened. Traditions are more malleable than they seem.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Tee Martin's kid (who appears to be a lefty which is fun) just signed at Miami and I am once again feeling very old.

I just realized that it is entirely possible for grandchildren of my childhood favorite hockey players to start coming on in.

A rookie in 2022 could have been born in 2004 (gently caress), to a player born in, say, 1984 to a guy that was in the NHL in the 1989-1994 "childhood memories" era for me.

off to buy a cemetery plot, i guess.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

cade klubnik

I've never seen that last name outside of my own family tree. Huh.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Just embrace the Virginia Techness and blast ZZ Top at full volume.

I'm honestly surprised more schools aren't blasting Guns N' Roses and AC/DC and such.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Warbird posted:

Big double cheddar style, nuggets, a corn dog, and a cheerwine float.

How did you know my usual order at Cook Out?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

by that logic every school that isn't Bama is the F-35

I'll have you know that Penn State is an F-117. Super-awesome in the 80s and early 90s, completely irrelevant since then.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

But wouldn't you run the risk of everyone else in the Big 12 figuring you out through experience, instead of the Navy modus operandi of "well we're only going to play this team once in the next five years, so they'll never really learn how to deal with the triple option."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm just glad we already determined Scott Paterno was unelectable.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My team neither sucks nor is good. It is a conundrum. A solid C student.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Oh, I'll take a vet over an MD any day. They gotta be able to cure a lizard, a chicken, a pig, a frog - all on the same day.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

How is that even possible? Even my school's garbage basketball has made the final four, once. In the 50s.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure Vegas is the only winner this March.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

Not likely... the Lord is a baller

How many players on the bench? 13. Which is the same number of people as Jesus and his Apostles. Tournament ends right around Easter?

I smell a movie script in here.

Judas misses a critical free throw on purpose, I assume.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I cannot see this pic without laughing myself into a coughing fit.

I love it because no other image has ever represented the pure essence of "welp."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Maybe I'm being an rear end, but "male gynecologist" has always struck me as a fast track to being a mega-weirdo and beyond

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

All I hope is that some mechanism can be found that retains the flavor of college football as it is. If it all just becomes half of the year talking about how much everyone is offering Player X, then, ugh. That's why I pretty much abandoned NFL. The ratio of "talk about the game" to "talk about contract negotiations" is awful.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

drunk leprechaun posted:

If you don't like people talking about contracts don't go to that media.

They talk about that poo poo during the games. It is completely unavoidable.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

At first, I missed that it was apparently referring to a child and just assumed it was a middle aged man with mediocre handwriting.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Which I suppose means it is definitely in Kiffin's own hand.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I like to eat meat. It pretty much just has to be hot.

I did not care for kangaroo, though, which I pretty much only ate so that I can say I ate kangaroo. It felt vaguely immoral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

On one hand, it makes sense to me that Penn State would be in the top 15 for first round picks. Plenty of perfectly good college football players have gone through.

On the other hand, you'd think there wouldn't be so many given that taking a first round Nittany Lion is a fast track to signing a bust or a guy who immediately gets hurt.