Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PAC vs KINGSTON 22 24.18%
JURASSIC EXPRESS VS FTR 4 4.40%
TAY VS DEEB 30 32.97%
DARBY VS FTW 35 38.46%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1349552306900054017

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 1/13 via FWOnline.com

quote:

Earlier today, Eddie Kingston said he would bust PAC up and send him back home.

PAC (w/ Lucha Bros) defeated Eddie Kingston (w/ Butcher, Blade, & Bunny)

This was a good, hard-hitting match. Kingston's selling was the best part.

PAC exploded out before the bell with a shotgun dropkick before landing a Fosbury flop on the outside. Back in the ring, PAC continued to put the boots to Kingston before hitting a missile dropkick. Kingston countered a corner attack with a second-rope knee drop.

Kingston sent PAC out of the ring, and Bunny dug her nails into PAC's face while Kingston distracted the official. While Fénix complained to the official, Kingston hit an exploder suplex on the floor. While the two teams exchanged words on the floor, Kingston hit a neckbreaker, beginning a targeted attack on PAC's neck.

A series of chops from Kingston allowed him to maintain control. They had a striking battle in the center of the ring as PAC fought back with forearms before making his comeback with a sequence of strikes and a German suplex. PAC laid in mid kicks, but Kingston fired up with strikes and a backdrop suplex for two.

PAC stunned Kingston on the top rope with an enziguiri before following it up with a superplex. He continued the offense until Kingston popped up with a big lariat for two. PAC countered a DDT and hit a running dropkick before landing the Black Arrow for the win.

After the match, PAC locked on the Brutalizer until Butcher and Blade ran in to break it up. As they all squared off, Lance Archer's music hit, and he and Jake Roberts made their way to the ring. Archer chased off Kingston and co. before exchanging words with PAC.

Miro (w/ Kip Sabian & Penelope Ford) defeated Chuck Taylor (w/ Orange Cassidy)

If Miro wins, Taylor has to be his butler until Sabian and Ford's wedding.

Miro posed at the bell, so Taylor attacked with strikes before sending Miro to the floor. Taylor sent Miro into the staging area multiple times before landing a tope con hilo. He continued the attack on the floor, sending Miro into the ring post and landing a diving knee drop. Taylor went to the top rope, but was distracted when Sabian attacked Cassidy. Miro took advantage with a Samoan drop.

It was elementary from there as Miro hit a thrust kick and locked on Game Over, forcing Taylor to tap out in under four minutes.

Matt Hardy and Private Party were interviewed after the tag team signed Hardy as their manager. Hardy had to speak first, but Private Party was still excited about Hardy's management... that is, until Quen complained about Hardy taking a large chunk of their earnings. They called Hardy a "money-grabbing carny." Hardy said that Private Party was nothing before him, and demanded that they listen to him from now on.

Inner Circle's New Year's Resolutions

Jericho said "who wants to start?" Hager simply yelled "championships, yeah!" MJF wanted to strengthen bonds with everyone else in the group, and also get rid of fat people. Ortiz wanted to master a sofrito recipe.

The resolution for Jericho was winning the AEW tag team championships with MJF. Santana took offense to this, as he and Ortiz are the Inner Circle's designated tag team. Guevara said that he understands what's going on here: Jericho is a "tag team slut."

MJF stood up for Jericho as the rest of the group calmed each other down. Jericho said that any one of them could team with another and win the championships. So next week, there will be a three-way match to determine the official tag team of the Inner Circle. The teams will be MJF & Jericho, Santana & Ortiz, and Sammy & Hager (ha, ha). MJF wrapped it up with the group's signature middle fingers.

The Dark Order were interviewed about what's next for the group. Evil Uno said that they will perform in Brodie Lee's name, and they have to be better people. It all starts next week when Hangman Page will team with the Dark Order again. Silver was extremely excited. Reynolds asked when they'd know for sure about Page joining the Dark Order, and Page said he'd make a decision next week.

An excellent video played recapping the background behind Brian Cage challenging Darby Allin.

Kenny Omega, Don Callis, and the Young Bucks arrived for their upcoming match. They agreed to have separate entrances.

After Omega's entrance, Callis took the mic and said "the band is back together" before introducing Omega's "two best friends in the world," the Good Brothers. The Bucks were shown backstage, offended because it appeared that Callis was talking about the Bucks.

Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (w/ Don Callis) defeated Varsity Blondes (Griff Garrison & Brian Pillman Jr.) & Danny Limelight

Omega and co. attacked before the bell, taking control on the floor. Limelight got a hope spot in the ring, but Gallows downed him with a clothesline. Varsity Blondes sent the Good Brothers packing, allowing the match to reset.

The Blondes maintained control on Omega with frequent tags until Limelight tagged in and a Gallows kick allowed Omega to hit the Kotaro Crusher. Omega, Gallows, and Anderson kept up the attack through a commercial break.

Back from break, Limelight landed a springboard hurricanrana and avoided a German before hitting a kick, allowing him to reach Pillman for the hot tag. Pillman ran wild on all three opponents before teaming with Garrison to hit a doomsday blockbuster for two on Anderson.

Omega ran into the ring and his team regained control, hitting a triple neckbreaker, but their opponents broke it up. A big boot from Anderson got another two. The Good Brothers went for the Gun Stun, but Limelight tagged in. Anderson stopped Limelight's attack with a spinebuster, and the Good Brothers hit the Magic Killer for three.

As Omega and the Good Brothers celebrated, Jon Moxley's music played, and he ran in for a fight, but he was outnumbered. The Lucha Bros ran out to even the odds, and some AEW Dark talent ran out to break up the fight. Moxley landed a tope on a big pile before the Young Bucks entered the fray to try and talk Moxley down. The Lucha Bros downed the Young Bucks with superkicks, and a wild free-for-all brawl ensued as Omega and Callis escaped.

The Waiting Room with Dr. Britt Baker

Rebel introduced Baker to start the segment, and then Baker introduced Cody Rhodes as her guest. Baker went through a campy comedy schtick, which was intentionally bad, as Rebel laughed along obnoxiously, before Cody came out.

Baker congratulated Cody on his and Brandi's pregnancy. Cody was about to talk about the year to come, but Baker interrupted him and introduced Jade Cargill as her surprise guest.

Cargill grabbed the mic and said that nobody cares about Brandi's pregnancy. She demanded an opponent and said that if Brandi ever returns, she was going to beat her rear end. Red Velvet entered and she and Cargill slapped each other before getting into a pull-apart brawl.

It cut to a video of Baker's attack on Thunder Rosa from a couple weeks ago. It was followed by a video promo from Rosa, who said that Baker and Rosa would wrestle each other at Beach Break on February 3. Baker complained and said that it wasn't happening, but a graphic for it came up on the screen. Baker closed the segment.

That was one of the worst segments in Dynamite history. Everything was disjointed, they tried to fit way too much into one segment, and the one advertised thing about the segment –– an interview with Cody Rhodes –– didn't even happen, making two straight segments where that occurred.

FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) (w/ Tully Blanchard) defeated Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt)

This was a strong tag match, with Stunt holding his own in there against one of the best tag teams in the world.

They wrestled around for a bit at the start before the two teams faced off against each other in the ring. Harwood shoved Stunt into the corner, but Stunt fired back with a slap, which just made Harwood mad. FTR began an extended beatdown of Stunt with frequent tags and power moves.

A tijeras and dropkick allowed Stunt to escape to Jungle Boy for a hot tag. Jurassic Express hit double up kicks before Stunt used assists from Jungle Boy to dispatch both of FTR. Stunt landed a tope through Jungle Boy's legs before Jungle Boy landed a quebrada.

During the break, FTR took control of the match once again with a double team attack on Stunt. Stunt escaped a Gory Special with a roll-up before avoiding a powerbomb to reach Jungle Boy for his second hot tag. Jungle Boy landed a series of strikes, concluding with a backstabber on Harwood for two.

Jungle Boy and Harwood fought on the top rope before Jungle Boy landed a top-rope hurricanrana, but Wheeler broke up the pin. Harwood rolled up Jungle Boy with a handful of trunks, but he kicked out at two. Stunt tagged in and went for Sliced Bread, but Harwood countered it and leveled Stunt with a lariat.

Harwood beat Stunt down in the corner, but Stunt fought his way out and hit Sliced Bread for two. Stunt rolled to the outside, where Tully rammed him into the ring post. Jungle Boy confronted Tully, but ran into a lariat from Wheeler, who proceeded to send him into the barricade. Back in the ring, FTR hit the Big Rig on Stunt for the win.

NWA Women's World Championship: Serena Deeb (c) defeated Tay Conti (w/ Anna Jay)

Having watched Conti's entire NXT career, I am absolutely floored by how good she's looked in her last two AEW appearances.

They performed chain wrestling at the start as the commentators discussed both women's martial arts chops. Deeb applied a quick cradle for two, but Conti fought back through applying a heel hook. Deeb countered it into a chinlock, but Conti hit a judo throw as the match reset.

Conti went for a triangle sleeper, but Deeb escaped and landed a sliding lariat for two. They exchanged cradles until Conti downed Deeb with a pump kick. Conti maintained control with judo throws during the break.

A full nelson into a stunner got two for Conti. Deeb countered another hold into a stretch muffler, but Conti reached the ropes. Conti countered the Serenity Lock into a cradle, but Deeb, hit a gutbuster for two.

Deeb perched Conti up top and used the ropes as leverage to apply a Gory Special. Conti evaded the follow-up and hit a pump kick. She went for the Tay-KO, but Deeb countered into the Deeb-tox for the win.

Next week's Dynamite card:

Chris Jericho & MJF vs. Santana & Ortiz vs. Sammy Guevara & Jake Hager
Matt Hardy & Private Party vs. Matt Sydal & Top Flight
Brodie "-1" Lee Jr. Birthday Celebration Match: Dark Order (John Silver, Alex Reynolds, & Colt Cabana) & Hangman Page vs. The Hybrid2 & Chaos Project
Nyla Rose vs. Leyla Hirsch
Jon Moxley in action
Miro and Chuck Taylor update

TNT Championship: Darby Allin (c) defeated Brian Cage (w/ Ricky Starks & HOOK)

This match was awesome. These guys worked the David vs. Goliath formula to perfection.

Taz joined commentary before the match, where it was revealed that only two members of Team Taz were allowed at ringside, explaining Powerhouse Hobbs' absence.

Allin immediately kicked out Cage's legs and landed a low tope suicida before driving Cage into the barricade. He went for another tope, but Cage caught him out of midair and suplexed him on the floor.

Back in the ring, Allin landed a defiant slap, but Allin clotheslined him down. Cage then pressed Allin above his head and tossed him through a ringside table onto concrete. That was insane, and Allin was busted open. Cage tossed Allin back in the ring and continued the beatdown.

Cage hit a running uppercut and a gamenguiri followed by a release German suplex. He repeatedly threw Allin into the corner and laid in ground and pound, keeping up the beatdown through a commercial break.

Allin went for a dive, so Cage caught him and hit an F5, but Allin kicked out at one. Cage hit a series of three powerbombs, releasing on the third. A defiant Allin flipped Cage off, so Cage powerbombed Allin onto the ramp. Cage brought Allin back into the ring with a suplex over the ropes, but Allin once again kicked out at one, infuriating Cage.

Cage pulled out the ring steps and set up to F5 Allin onto them, but Allin fought out and bit Cage's hand, sending him onto the steps. Allin then landed a Coffin Drop onto Cage on the steps. Cage barely made it back into the ring at the count of nine.

Allin laid in slaps, but Cage caught a Coffin Drop attempt. He tried to apply a bear hug, but Allin bit his way out and hit a stunner. Allin then tied a belt around Cage's ankles, but Cage fought back anyway. Cage removed the belt, but Allin hit Code Red for a close near fall. Allin dropkicked Cage into the corner and hit a double stomp.

Starks tried to get involved, but lights went out and Sting appeared with a bat, dispatching Starks. Cage went for an avalanche F5, but Allin countered it into crucifix bomb to retain the championship.

Snow fell and Allin and Sting stood tall in the ring to end the show.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1349550895017635840
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1349549311202361345

News
The Acclaimed and Top Flight signed to 5 year deals
Go Big Show destroyed Dynamite in the ratings with ONE MILLION VIEWERS.

Upcoming Schedule

JANUARY 20th
-1's Birthday Party
THE DARK ORDER AND HANGMAN PAGE VS CHAOS PROJECT AND TH2
ROSE VS LEGIT
MOX
HARDY PARTY VS SYDAL AND TOP FLIGHT
INNER CIRCLE TAG INVITATIONAL

BEACH BREAK
THE WEDDING
BRITT BAKER VS THUNDER ROSA

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA

Your Second BTE Champion

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Fourth TNT Champion:

Your Fourth AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1278512415475412992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to go to TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKUOJGyTc0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Deeb/Conti was really good, but even with the slightly weird ending, Darby/Cage was just so much fun I had to pick it as best match of the night. Especially with Taz on commentary.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think tay conti is gonna be my favorite wrestler in AEW in like half a year

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It's been really nice to be able to love American TV wrestling again. This has and continues to be an extraordinary run of good wrestling tv.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dobby should start snowboarding to the ring

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Deeb/Conti was really good, but even with the slightly weird ending, Darby/Cage was just so much fun I had to pick it as best match of the night. Especially with Taz on commentary.

There's something about the way Taz says "I understand" when he is wrong about something that's just so funny.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
isn't Darby now the FTW champion?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Make this entire video the background of PSP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0B0RH6i_To

edit: they weren't even on tonight, I just found this video and wanted to share.

Great dynamite, even though everyone bad won. Women's match was a real banger!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Worst segment in dynamite history is a bit much, recapper

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

isn't Darby now the FTW champion?

He would need to win an FTW title match.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Deeb/Conti was loving great and it’s hard to believe that this is the same Tay from NXT.

Amazing what actually caring about the growth of your talent can do, huh?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the Waiting Room segment was very funny and the F4W recapper is incredibly dumb

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Highlight of the night was Taz making GBS threads on Darby’s birthday.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
To continue a thread someone brought up from the watch along thread:

Darby couldn't even kick his own rear end. He needs to give me $100 for hotel room at this point.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

you could not pay me to give a single gently caress about jade cargill

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

There's something about the way Taz says "I understand" when he is wrong about something that's just so funny.

Taz just immediately responding to,"Darby turned 28 recently" with,"I hope he had a horrible birthday :mad:" was loving amazing.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Highlight of the night was Taz making GBS threads on Darby’s birthday.

:hfive:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

dromal phrenia posted:

Great bop. Lots of nice themes that don't get enough love. Penelope Ford's was in the live thread, and I love Ricky Starks' theme as much as he does

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Eddie/Popeye image should be in the OP.

Voting is close.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cage/Darby was fantastic. Even though I love Kenny/Fenix and thought they did crazier poo poo I was more invested in this match. Cage is the valedictorian of beef boy university.
Deeb and Conti are perfect opponents for each other. Even though I think mat wrestling is boring as hell they put on a great display of it.
We're all going to be very sad when Hangmin turns down the Dark Order next week and they all re-establish themselves as heels by beating the ever-loving poo poo out of him.
The Waiting Room segment wasn't great but it had it's redeeming points; Cody being on TV but not actually doing or saying anything is hilarious to me and Jade's ahead of the curve in heeling 101.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 14, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

dromal phrenia posted:

taz would be ready to join his boys up with sting, until sting insists on black and white instead of black and orange

I think he'll accommodate

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
the pop when this hits will definitely not be nearly big enough but i hope at home i can make up the difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtenH5FRl14

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Catchin up on the first hour, MJF's,"YOU'RE BOOING FOOD!?!" :lol:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Alternatively if Tony want to open up his wallet again I will accept this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbAEkfXSDE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Catchin up on the first hour, MJF's,"YOU'RE BOOING FOOD!?!" :lol:

MJF was on fire for that segment

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hirez posted:

I think he'll accommodate

lmao did you just remember this coat off-hand or what? Big folder of sting outfit pics? :xd:

But fair point! Perhaps an alliance could be forged after all...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

dromal phrenia posted:

edit: they weren't even on tonight, I just found this video and wanted to share.

Great dynamite, even though everyone bad won. Women's match was a real banger!

Thank you for posting this video. It is great. Just like tonight's Dynamite!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

the pop when this hits will definitely not be nearly big enough but i hope at home i can make up the difference

It’s been so long I forgot what it sounded like, but yeah I love this one and can’t wait for Stat to come back.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ChrisBTY posted:

We're all going to be very sad when Hangmin turns down the Dark Order next week and they all re-establish themselves as heels by beating the ever-loving poo poo out of him.

why must you hurt me from the future i believe in hungman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my loving God Sammy outting Jericho as a tag-team slut :xd:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Lid posted:

I'm gonna have to listen to this more often so I recognize the music immediately, because I miss Statlander so much and she deserves much more than just me cheering in my living room

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Alaois posted:

the Waiting Room segment was very funny and the F4W recapper is incredibly dumb

It was a good segment aside from the really hosed up editing and the fact that Shaq didn't break through the walls and chokeslam Cody

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Alaois posted:

MJF was on fire for that segment

yeah it's too bad "You're Booing food?" is going to make everyone forget "Yes, I know what that is"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1349354284446605315?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
don't forget to vote for Minoru Suzuki for best technical wrestler 2020 because gently caress the reign of terror that is ZSJ

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I've been thinking/typing that Tay has gotten more brutal lately, but while this owns, it's also terrifying

Tay Conti has only BEGUN to beat rear end. Soon she'll be coming out and just wrecking the wrestlers at ringside, bashing a camera man. It's going to get dark.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1349549750069186560

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Lid posted:

I can’t say I remember hearing that before, but it’s real good.

Obv, the best male intros are Ricky Starks and Eddie Kingston.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hunnert car pileup posted:

you could not pay me to give a single gently caress about jade cargill

she should beat cody clean

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
THIS IS THE CUTEST loving THING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-wI4Tjye4M&t=960s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

dromal phrenia posted:

lmao did you just remember this coat off-hand or what? Big folder of sting outfit pics? :xd:

But fair point! Perhaps an alliance could be forged after all...

honestly i just googled sting wrestler orange was hoping to make a fine California sting faction that uses orange, but that showed up so I had to shift gears on the fly

e: he also wears orange pants like 90% of the time as california sting (or some how google can pickup that im looking for sting wrestler orange and can find pictures of sting wrestler with the most orange)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 14, 2021