Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This is a very good thread idea, op.

Part of the reason I love this dumb sport is the insanely bad decisions made by virtually everyone involved so a partial list off the top of my head:
  • Santiago Cañizares dropping a bottle of aftershave on his foot, severing a tendon and forcing him to miss the Spanish WC squad
  • Joe Cole getting caught shagging someone’s gf and having to jump out a window without his trainers and probably most of his clothes
  • Joe Cole being referred to by Steven Gerrard as “technically as good as Messi”
  • Ashley Cole writing in his biography about shouting on the phone to his agent about the wages Arsenal had proposed in a contract renewal
  • Jermaine Pennant being quite thick and leaving a Porsche 911 forever at a Spanish airport
  • Mes Que Un Club fans throwing a pig’s head at Figo taking a corner upon his return to the Nou Camp
  • Stephen Ireland’s dead gran
  • Stephen Ireland’s Range Rover wheels
  • AdL going on an epic rant then hopping on the back of a scooter https://youtu.be/SuUKUDBxZtc
  • John Terry slipping in CL final penalty shootout, crying in the rain
  • John Terry, unable to play in CL title but wore his kit underneath his clothes, which he wore in photos when they won it
  • John Terry and his transvestite”doppelgänger”
  • John Terry getting knocked the gently caress out trying to head a low bouncing ball like a salmon swimming upstream then getting kicked very hard
  • Jozy Altitore playing in England
  • Everything about Brazil losing to Germany at the WC in their country, but especially the over-the-top tribute to Neymar who hadn’t actually died (unfortunately) but missed out due to a back injury
  • de Gea missing out on a transfer to Madrid due to fax machine problems
  • purple dildo in the ear on transfer day
  • Arsene Wenger’s battles with his mortal enemy, his jacket zipper
  • Newcastle fan punching a police horse
  • Mascherano and Tevez transfer to West Ham, bought by Icelandic bankers, which collapsed miserably during Financial Crisis
  • Tevez living in England for 10+ years and never learned English
  • Pochettino as Southampton manager pretending he didn’t speak English so he wouldn’t have to deal with the press as much
  • A smiling Glen Johnson popping out through a banner and Luis Suarez t-shirts the whole Liverpool team wore
  • Good Lad Peter Crouch when asked in an interview what he would be if he wasn’t a footballer, responding “a virgin”
  • Peter Crouch tweets about spending time with family and responding to a guy wanking to his wife https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/876846713163718656?s=21
  • Ed Woodward, Transfer Genius
  • Arjen Robben doing the same loving move for 20+ years and everyone knew what it was yet no defender was ever able to really stop it
  • Robinho thinking he had transferred to Chelsea when he was in fact at City
  • Drip Doctors
  • Adebayor sliding across the pitch vs Arsenal, crowd loses their mind
  • Andy Carroll’s transfer to Liverpool
  • Andy Carroll’s MySpace page
  • Andy Carroll injuring himself yet again by falling off a barstool
  • Arsene Wenger’s Suarez bid

I’m sure I can recall loads more since my brain exclusively holds useless info like this instead of my children’s birthdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
There's a whole genre of food-related ones:
- Crouchie having his nachos
- Giroud Twix in the bum
- Pizzagate in the tunnel
- Dodgy food for Spurs's team before last game of the season
- Rooney's diet in general, plus a pack of fags
- Fat Sam and his pint of wine

e: drat you, vyelkin

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

I can't remember when or where it happened (Anfield?) but there was a time when some player went flying over the ad hoarding into the front row, and an old man sitting there just has a pleasant chuckle and pulls out his camera to snap some photos of the player lying there. That always makes me lol.

Found it!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Thank you, that's what I immediately thought of but I couldn't find it to save my life

Class.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/EOgTCbz-XmU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Wenger finally caving to the demand for more signings by signing a 32 year old Kim kallstrom with a broken spine

Almost as funny as this was when he bought a 28-year old Squillacci who was incredibly poo poo.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Is this also the proper thread to talk about or post football poo poo you suddenly remember that makes you kind of horny? Because I often think about that presenter on that Chelsea fan channel or whatever it is, I don't even know.

Also, this kind of covers both topics but the TRP WC hot shots thread that were prohibited due to excessive perceived sexism and horniness is still funny to me.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Joe Kinnear: Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror football writer]?

Simon Bird: Me.

Joe Kinnear: You’re a oval office.

Simon Bird: Thank you.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

JollyBoyJohn posted:

When Rodney Sneijder brother of Wesley moved to Dundee United, had one game and realised Dundee wasn't as pretty as the Netherlands before booking it back home

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
e: ffs gifs not working on Awful App

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
There could probably be a whole subcategory dedicated to him, but “Gazza and the Two Fish”:
https://youtu.be/u5JC-Evp4bc

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

That reminds me:

Also lol at that being the house Klopp stayed in when he first moved there and the picture was still there.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This forever and ever

https://i.imgur.com/uvqLDtu.gifv

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This legend

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
David Moyes’ tenure at Manchester United had loads of funny poo poo it’s so hard to choose, but I think my vote would be paying more than Fellaini’s release clause (that Moyes himself might have had put in) after it expired. This is kind of a twofer since I’m pretty sure Woodward was involved as well.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The time a guy submitted his CV based upon FM wins to an managerial opening at Middlesborough and got an official response back from the club chairman:

an absolute legend posted:

Dear Mr Gibson

I am writing with regard to the current managerial vacancy at Middlesbrough Football Club. I would be extremely grateful if you could consider my CV in your search for the new manager. I really feel that this is an ideal job for me given my enthusiasm for football along with my related experience and qualifications.

I have both the technical and practical experience of managing a football club. The tactical side of football has always been very important to me, which is demonstrated through my success on the game Football Manager 2005. I have managed clubs including Nuneaton Borough, Chievo Verona, Kalmar FF, Doncaster and even Chelsea. Although my experience at Chievo was not a particularly positive one and led to my sacking (I’m sure you saw the headlines), I feel that I have brought success to all of the other clubs I have managed (including taking Nuneaton Borough to the Championship North in eight seasons and winning the Swedish League with Kalmar FF). My Football Manager 2005 experience has included league, cup and European experience and has allowed me to become an expert in work permits, scouting, tactics and man management.

As you can see from my attached CV, I’ve taken the opportunity to gain extra qualifications away from football including gaining a degree in geography and archaeology which I’m sure will provide many transferable skills that will assist me in running a football club. I hear Mark Viduka has a significant and considerable interest in 12th century Egyptian pottery which would be an excellent bonding point for the two of us if I were to be successful.

Away from Football Manager 2005 I have hands-on managerial experience with the Nuneaton and Bedworth St. Paul’s Under-11s football team. Under my guidance we beat off competition from 15 other clubs to win the 1999 Nuneaton and Bedworth Summer Playscheme cup (we won the final 5-4 on penalties against the host team, Nuneaton College Site. I’m sure you’ve seen this game repeated many times on Sky. Andy Grey has called this game a ‘classic’ on more than one occasion.

Relocation for the role is not a problem. I work with a guy from Middlesbrough and he says nothing but good things about the people and the place, so I’m sure my girlfriend and I would be able to settle down nicely in the area.

The real benefit for you in appointing me to this role would be my salary expectations. I’d be willing to start for around £80,000 per year which, let’s face it, is very reasonable considering some of the salaries in the world of football.

Career Highlights

Signing Thierry Henry, Raul and Fernando Torres as the three main strikers at Doncaster.

Taking Rushden and Diamonds to the Champions League final (unfortunately we lost to Ajax in extra time). The Rushden and Diamonds team that day included Zinidine Zidane and Ronaldinho, who are two players I’m sure the small Northamptonshire club never expected to see running out for them.

Taking charge of Nuneaton Borough (my home town club) and taking them from the Conference North to the Championship in eight years.

The official response:

Middlesborough Chairman Steve Gibson posted:

Dear John

Many thanks for your recent application for the Managerial position at Middlesbrough Football Club.

You were of course the outstanding candidate but after careful consideration we decided against your appointment. Quite frankly we were of the opinion that your tenure with us would have been short lived, as your undoubted talent would result in one of the big European Clubs seeking your services.

We consider it a sign of our progress that someone of your status could consider us.

http://www.commonside.eclipse.co.uk/job/managers%20job.htm

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

that time Memphis Depay tried to head a football

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Colin Wanker

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Peter Crouch is a good lad

https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/876846713163718656?s=21

Also his answer when someone asked if what
he would be if he wasn’t a professional footballer was: “probably a virgin.”

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Any and every time England have been in a penalty shootout.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Andy Carroll's transfer fee to Liverpool was £35,000,012

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Paul Pogba practicing his trademarked celebrations during warmup before a game.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Eric Cantonese posted:

This happened?

Can't find the video but yeah

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mes que un PR Release

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Sex ghost mentioning Wigan in another thread made me think of Amir Zaki banging em in for fun that one season on loan there, then he refused to come back after international duty and Steve Bruce said he was “the most unprofessional player” he’s ever dealt with.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
(@)Y(@)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I don’t remember what tournament or game this was from but makes me lol every time

:nws:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Just remembered Malky Mackay's text saying of a club secretary that he'd love 'a bounce on her falsies'

His various slurs towards multiple races and creeds was also a highlight.

Not actually Malky but he does eerily resemble him - this photo of Paul Jewell was in my "WTF Football Images" folder along with the England-fan-bhole-pub-celebration picture

Slightly :nws:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Definitely think about this tweet every now and then and do a lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Was just reminiscing with GD about this one, you picked the wrong version though

https://youtu.be/1Qknteb8Klo

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
More like The Grave :dadjoke:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I still think about this every now and then and do a lol.

"Spot Ronaldo"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

blue footed boobie posted:

Speaking of funny World Cup things, France going on strike in 2010 by getting into their bus and refusing to come out.

French national team drama is best drama. This has been foretold based upon astrological signs read by Raymond Domenech.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Couldn't sleep last night and for some reason, the Rio Ferdinand drugs test incident popped into my head and made me chuckle

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Completely unrelated but also Portsmouth winning the FA Cup while getting relegated in the same season, leading to the only time a lower division England side were in the Europa league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
itt post funny football poo poo you misremember apparently