Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Riatsala posted:

I saw the elderly woman who works the deli counter at Whole Foods out in the back without her mask on, don't worry I've already notified the authorities and reached out to @wholefoods.

excuse me but you shouldn't have left your house, we're still in a fweaking pandemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
How have you not spent $500 to see Hamilton? How??

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Boba Pearl posted:

How have you not spent $500 to see Hamilton? How??

https://twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/1350472974915280898

This is good to me. I enjoy hip-hop.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Love 2 brunch

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/Tt5VTUX.mp4

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Run DNC

:vince:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:47 on Mar 23, 2021

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't you follow an ideology that basically replaces one religion with another? How's that Lenin corpse going, commie?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
My child interrupted a work meeting on zoom today came to me and asked who Biden is married to. I said he is married to the first lady. My 4 year old looked at me and said, "actually that's Dr Jill Biden, and she is a trailblazer, and so is vp kamala harris", and gave me a huge high five

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Someone should call the police on the homeless people outside the cafe. They're putting me off brunch.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will support any woman that claims sexual assault. But believing them all the time, every time?

A big problem with "believe all women" is that it presents the idea that women cannot manipulate or lie to their advantage. There is a very common problem where white women accuse black men of rape - falsely, I might add. These two positions are directly opposed. You cannot say Black Lives Matter and Believe All Women. The same woman that accused Emmitt Till and other numerous black men? That's a contradiction. So no, I will not believe all women. They'll have my empathy, but the idea that all women should naturally be believed makes them into damsels incapable of evil. An infantilization of women, if you will.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My little girl walked up and asked if Trump was still president. I said no. She looked up and me and said, "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.” I couldn't stop crying, I was so proud.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I hope you’ll enjoy this tweet I found, it got quite a chuckle out of me.

https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/1352110896051470344?s=20

(Parody.)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I have, independently of the material forces around me, focused my ideology so hard as to completely excise the liberal from my soul and become the new communist man in a liberal society. This lines up well with theory.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Being a politician is a lot like being a pro athlete. It's a skill that must be worked at and honed over many years, and only the very best make it to the top.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

avacado toasssssssssst queeeeenzzzz

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

*Refuses to acknowledge something I posted just moments ago*

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because unlike you I'm not naive enough to think any person capable of getting to the highest office in the land didn't manage to do so without climbing on top of the skulls of others. To become president or leader of a nation one must have tremendous drive and pursuit of power that in terms of sheer odds, the likelihood of them being actually good people is slim to none. This world is rarely that just. Historically and in reality, in order to become what is widely considered to be a "great leader" you must be willing to kill. Kill many, in fact. This is true no matter the regime and no matter the political structure from Greeks to the Chinese to now. With that in mind, if you are unable to see why someone is happy Trump, who is arguably the most dangerous person in the world, will no longer be president, after gaslighting and lighting an entire nation on fire with racist, xenophobic rhetoric then we will never understand each other. They built crosses, gallows, and planned on executing people like AOC and Ilmar.

Furthermore, I'm not even fully sold on the accusations themselves and do not default to believing all women.

"Why are you happy Biden is President elect?", they said, in a thread about a terrorist attack incited by the nation's current sitting President in an attempt to overthrow the nation's Capitol. In a time when his actions have helped over 300k Americans die and politicized basic common duty. What tone deaf drivel. The fact you have me (someone that identifies as an left independent) of all people defending Biden in this manner is the ultimate cherry on top.

They keep saying repeatedly to "stop the infighting" in this thread but we are not allies. We do not see eye to eye. For me, this is survival. For you, it's a moral soapbox.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finding the reactions here cute. I never said women should never be believed. In the case of Lowtax for example, there was ample evidence against him. We shouldn't "believe all women" just like we shouldn't "believe all men". We should trust evidence and testimony. I haven't seen anything pointing in the direction that confirms Biden is a rapist besides the accusations. I do believe he's very creepy in the way he handles women. The kisses, the hugging. But rape? The accusations have a right to be heard but in this case I don't believe them. The accusations have been inconsistent.

I'm sorry if any of this is controversial to you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never called her a lying whore. I not once characterized her in this manner.

This is why I do not like leftists. I abhor your political philosophy. I abhor your moral soapboax pundetry.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my God did you see Biden's Ralph Lauren suit? loving 🔥🔥🔥

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"You did though. You didn't directly say that, but you alluded to it and we all know what you really mean."

This is precisely why I don't identify as a feminist despite being pro-choice;etc.

The sheer amount of "you're with us or you're with them", cult-like behavior. In the meantime, it claims to empower women. But I'm a woman with my own opinions, but that's bad because you disagree with them.

It's also interesting how the contradictions flare up. You say to empower women and support feminist causes. But right now you're guilt tripping me for supporting Biden on the accusation he was a rapist. But Biden's opposition, Trump, as short as a few months ago planted a conservative majority on the Supreme Court in a battle to overturn Roe v Wade which gives women reproductive rights as we know it in America. Yet the question aimed at me, a non-feminist, is,"how could you support Biden, a rapist?" So which is it? Make a choice.

My only conclusion is that whatever political philosophy you all have is only half baked and do not consider stakes because they do not affect you. Yet you're more than willing to point fingers if people walk slightly outside the lines of your cult-like ideology.

Conclusion: modern American leftism is a sickness. All rage and nothing more. Oh, there's memes and ironic posting too, but nothing besides that. Thank gently caress for progressives with actual policy and an attempt to work within the system. Also, third wave feminism is trash and loving sucks.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://twitter.com/AaronMRosenberg/status/1352091283737751553

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Hey all just slept for like 36 hours since America is good again, LOL. Was the inauguration recorded anywhere? I'm a bit cheesed off at myself for missing such an important event.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dolphin posted:

Oh my God did you see Biden's Ralph Lauren suit? loving 🔥🔥🔥

Really.

The first woman vice president gets inaugurated so of course all of a sudden you have all this praise for what a man wears.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Hey all just slept for like 36 hours since America is good again, LOL. Was the inauguration recorded anywhere? I'm a bit cheesed off at myself for missing such an important event.
The word "cheesed" is ableist, not everyone can have cheese and that's okay and shouldn't be made fun of

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I was forced to call the police on a homeless man in the CVS parking lot, he was being VERY problematic

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

"You did though. You didn't directly say that, but you alluded to it and we all know what you really mean."

This is precisely why I don't identify as a feminist despite being pro-choice;etc.

The sheer amount of "you're with us or you're with them", cult-like behavior. In the meantime, it claims to empower women. But I'm a woman with my own opinions, but that's bad because you disagree with them.

It's also interesting how the contradictions flare up. You say to empower women and support feminist causes. But right now you're guilt tripping me for supporting Biden on the accusation he was a rapist. But Biden's opposition, Trump, as short as a few months ago planted a conservative majority on the Supreme Court in a battle to overturn Roe v Wade which gives women reproductive rights as we know it in America. Yet the question aimed at me, a non-feminist, is,"how could you support Biden, a rapist?" So which is it? Make a choice.

My only conclusion is that whatever political philosophy you all have is only half baked and do not consider stakes because they do not affect you. Yet you're more than willing to point fingers if people walk slightly outside the lines of your cult-like ideology.

Conclusion: modern American leftism is a sickness. All rage and nothing more. Oh, there's memes and ironic posting too, but nothing besides that. Thank gently caress for progressives with actual policy and an attempt to work within the system. Also, third wave feminism is trash and loving sucks.

Today made a great case against leftism.

The leftists (actual leftists) acting like people can't be happy Trump is gone have gone a long way in proving the leftism as a failed ideology. When your politics disable.you from celebrating a dictator/fascist losing, you lost. Call me a liberal or succdem all you want. I'd rather be either than a nihilistic commie that likely has every need taken care of and preaches from a privileged ivory tower. Seems to me all commies do is loving bitch. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Pretty pathetic ideology. And doing it at the same time while fascist enablers cry their fascist in chief lost. I'm a black trans Muslim which, as per leftist ideology, puts me as a key target but after today I've been permanently turned off by the entire thing left of Sanders. I hated Democrats most of my adult political life and figured the left was a better alternative but when you go full bore and can't celebrate with others the day a fascist leaves office, you're no ally of mine. Today proved horse shoe theory correct, leftists. Hours after Trump executed orders to discriminate against lgbtq people, even giving the ability to legally discriminate against lgbtq homeless youth, you've got some white privileged commie fucks bitching on social media about "liberals being happy Trump is gone". I and many of my lgbtq friends no longer see a difference between communists and fascists.

Go Biden, and gently caress leftism.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Loveshaft posted:

The leftists (actual leftists) acting like people can't be happy Trump is gone have gone a long way in proving the leftism as a failed ideology. When your politics disable.you from celebrating a dictator/fascist losing, you lost. Call me a liberal or succdem all you want. I'd rather be either than a nihilistic commie that likely has every need taken care of and preaches from a privileged ivory tower. Seems to me all commies do is loving bitch. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Pretty pathetic ideology. And doing it at the same time while fascist enablers cry their fascist in chief lost. I'm a black trans Muslim which, as per leftist ideology, puts me as a key target but after today I've been permanently turned off by the entire thing left of Sanders. I hated Democrats most of my adult political life and figured the left was a better alternative but when you go full bore and can't celebrate with others the day a fascist leaves office, you're no ally of mine. Today proved horse shoe theory correct, leftists. Hours after Trump executed orders to discriminate against lgbtq people, even giving the ability to legally discriminate against lgbtq homeless youth, you've got some white privileged commie fucks bitching on social media about "liberals being happy Trump is gone". I and many of my lgbtq friends no longer see a difference between communists and fascists.

(this, this is the post that broke my brain enough to unfavorite this thread, it's too real/there are too many quotes in this thread, I thought I was strong enough but alas)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Nice try boris, but We Americans use contractions. Reported/blocked.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
actually i think you'll find that they were posthumously classified as enemy combatants

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's the Democratic Party, not the Democrat party. You are allowed and encouraged to say it on sites like thedonald.win and breitbart. Wonder why that would be.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
wishing bad things on mitch mcconnell is bad and ableist because he had polio as a child

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/SilentAmuse/status/1352282304723357699?s=20

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wrote-in Kamala Harris because I wanted my protest vote to make clear how appallingly low my standards are when the alternative is Trump. I could not bring myself to vote for a rapist, or for someone who is suffering cognitive decline. A write-in vote of Bernie seemed utterly pointless to me. I live in Massachusetts and if I lived in a swing state I very may well have voted for Biden. But my life would probably be really different if that were the case, so I can't really say for sure.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Loveshaft posted:

yikes!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

heh, another taint ran

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i realised that if i do double speed on the treadmill i only pay like half in gym membership fees. also i have to taken on less water which means i don't retain around the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Nobody cares