Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Democr*t party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

driving to Tesla Smart City 1, NV to buy toilet paper when I'm drone striked for a post calling Joe Biden "basically a Republican"

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Reverse means-tested brand-slurs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

problem is that any decent person who gets buttons either turns into a cop or loses them once they justifiably drop the hammer on some admin's pet dipshit and said dipshit starts whining about it

Dropping sixers on people who poo poo up the thread after they have observably spent a lot of time making GBS threads up the thread seems like a good balance between letting the buttons go to waste and becoming a cop imo

i would not want any more power than this lol

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

"chud" is way worse - it dehumanizes a huge group of people and is indecipherable internet speak to anyone not plugged in to the political podcast circuit. "Democrat" isn't insulting by nature at all.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I keep unconsciously using "chud" to mean "trump supporter" when talking to my college roommates about politics and they think it's hilarious (they are not trump supporters but are not as online as me)

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Shipon posted:

They want to reduce the speed limit to 15 MPH in residential areas? gently caress off

that would be good, actually

i mean making drivers actually comply would be a nightmare because everyone feels entitled to go 50 on a 25 street as it is, but that's a problem with basically every rule of the road in this demon cracker nation

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

the mods will defend those who need defending

by which i mean people with massive institutional power and influence

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Ban the dipshits who keep calling my president a "liberal" and a "handsy old corpse" with "terminal brain disease"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dumbocrap powwow

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Somebody post the transcripts!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

comedyblissoption posted:

im sure theres some *sniff* ideology involved, but the media bifurcating itself into hyperpartisan bubbles is partly explained by them chasing profits

Yeah thats probably true

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1358462525705236484?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can we get some 1400+600=2000 posts from today

I need my fix

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
1200+600+200=2000

The $200 checks should only go to households with greater than 4 members who earned 35k or less.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can we get some 1400+600=2000 posts from today

I need my fix

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1358435857196343297

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

"chud" is way worse - it dehumanizes a huge group of people and is indecipherable internet speak to anyone not plugged in to the political podcast circuit. "Democrat" isn't insulting by nature at all.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's never meant anything beyond "people I don't like", and the definition can change every sentence

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/gina_roemer/status/1358437395872559104

i miss the bernie who would make people named Gina mad by not playing for the team

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Time to go live in a farm upstate

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
600 is apparently supposed to last you 8 weeks until you get another 1400, which will apparently now last you at least another 10 weeks???

America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Cspam mods cannot change anything about how dnd moderates their subforum. Complaining about it here isn't going to get anything accomplished besides making GBS threads up this thread with drama crap. I don't agree with all the dnd mod's decisions, but I also don't agree with using a woman's traumatic experience as a cudgel to shut down your posting enemies.

I'm locking this thread for a while because it needs a fresh start. When I reopen it, the rules will be the same as always, including no interforum drama or whining about dnd. The thread will also get a new name and slow mode will be enabled for a while. It is a thread for making GBS threads on libs, not making GBS threads on other subforums, despite any overlap. There are other places you can do that if you absolutely must, and better ways to bring legitimate moderation concerns to the attention of the admins or Jeffrey.