Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

This plot is showing signs of severe Chris Metzen contamination.

E: Alright, light Metzen contamination. (Not that Metzen is the only culprit in those cases.)

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's really amazing the way the plot went from DOOM 2016 where everything makes sense, things are sometimes understated and there's some self awareness in it. And it's basically one of the best cases of video game storytelling since Bulletstorm. You know, not horribly stupid, self aware and competently executed. And then this Chris Metzen thing happened. I'm partly unkind to Chris Metzen and partly unkind to this game. Just link the wiki and call it a day for the lore, it doesn't deserve any respect.

But there are things I really like, the tweety bird noise when you stun an enemy is one I particularly love.