Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I haven't played Doom Eternal or TLoZ:BoTW but the incredibly small ammo capacity seems like the low durability on weapons, where they have a specific play style in mind and they over tune the mechanics to force people to play that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

FoolyCharged posted:

I've generally found that whether that story beat sticks the landing with me or not depends very heavily on whether it stops at "the guy that looks like he's good is bad" or if it finishes the thought with "and the guy who looks like he's bad has good inside him" or not.

If heaven is going to war you need Crowly and Aziraphale.

Yeah, it's boring if the two sides are self-righteous evil and evil for the sake of it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

NullBlack posted:

I sincerely doubt that Id was making fun of political correctness.

They might have been making fun of how companies use the language of political correctness without actually caring about it aside from PR. And "mortally challenged" makes more sense to refer to undead like the zombies or revenants. Not that it makes the statements any funnier.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

NullBlack posted:

Venturing a guess: it's not what she says that's meant to be funny, but that she's saying any of this at all. She's trying to do PR for a demonic invasion. The joke is the absurdity of such a thing (and that DoomGuy's continued existence causes her cheeriness to break in some clips).
Honestly, I think I would actually find it a bit jarring if what she said was clever.

Yes. That’s what I meant by funny. Her statements were clearly written by an intern, diegetically and non-diegetically.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Malah posted:

Marauder seemed manageable here, but judging by everyone else's dread it'll get placed in much ruder encounters later on. Hell, just double marauders alone seems like it would be a nightmare.

That was my impression too, it didn't seem that long or difficult to kill, but then Jacob knew how to beat it and you can't just judge a boss by how easy it is to beat once you know what to do, but how difficult it is to figure out what you need to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The story gives me a Verhoeven’s Starship Troopers vibe, but if the story is supposed to be taken satirically I don’t know what message it’s trying to make other than “this kind of story is stupid”.