Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I never figured out how Blitz worked in FFVI and got completed walled by Vargas because I kept trying to input the move during the animation startup and was just convinced I was loving up the timing or the inputs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, it basically means you have to use the skills you DIDN'T choose for your character to level correctly, which frequently involves things like going into the sewer and letting a rat hit your shield 1000 times. i forget what mod i used, i think it was AF leveling or something.

The thing is it's a carry over from Morrowind where it more or less worked because that game only had a very limited level scaling and a lot of player power came from finding hand placed loot in the game world you could find at any level, when they tied every element of the combat experience to a strict level scaling system not keeping up with the combat stats really became falling behind.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

whats your favorite morrowind town?

i'm a hla oad man. i like how it has no transport links so you have to just walk there yourself, i also like how it's just some huts in a swamp

I really love the fishing villages of a whole because they're such a cool diegetic way to do fast travel

My actual favourite is Balmora, maybe a basic answer but it always feels like I've come home when I get there in a playthrough

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

Sadrith Mora and the whole Telvanni Mushroom Kingdom blew my mind when I encountered it first. Plus I love archipelagos. Aside from that, Ald'ruhn has really cool architecture, the ash storms and bleak landscape make for a really cool town. The whole of Vvardenfell just feels so different and unconventional. Finding new places and unexpected biomes was incredible.

Wandering around trying to find the entrance to the daedric ruin outside Sadrith Mora, giving up and going into the nearby ancestral tomb, finding a broken wall that leads into the foundation of the original ruins and finding an ancient dwemer artifact suspended in middair I needed to come back with a levitation potion to reach was a completely mindblowing experience as a teen, until BOTW I don't think any game commited so much mechanically to really being a believeable fantasy world

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

extremebuff posted:

there was a power rangers game on the genesis that my older brother insisted I should put in a bunch of cheat codes at the start menu to make it playable. typical stuff like < ^ > v abab etc. to unlock new moves and characters

I commited them to memory and did them religiously everytime I started the game, one day one of my brothers friends came over and we showed him the game. I started putting in one of the cheats and my brother goes "Oh I made those up retard. Just press start" and the game was unchanged

haha