Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

have you ever had hot mustard out of a squeeze bottle like they have on the bag

cause i ain't. always been in a little dish

now that I think about it, no, I've never had hot mustard out of a squeeze bottle (spicy or deli, sure, but not "hot"), but I have had it often out of one of those, I don't know, syrup dispensers? the ones with a handle on the side and a thumb tab you press down to slide open a little metal tab on the top and pour it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

have you ever had hot mustard out of a squeeze bottle like they have on the bag

cause i ain't. always been in a little dish

This is the only way I've ever had it.

I think you can buy them in glass jars at asian markets, but I rarely make my own asian food and that mustard doesn't usually go well with anything else. UNTIL NOW

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i impulse bought this a week ago bc of this thread and dorito chat.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Smythe posted:

drat lmfao those chips hosed you up

i stashed them in the cabinet for a few days, but i knew they were there, challenging me. armed myself with a big glass of milk and finished what i started.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Oh Don Piano posted:

i stashed them in the cabinet for a few days, but i knew they were there, challenging me. armed myself with a big glass of milk and finished what i started.

the way out is through

----------------

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
When I get Chinese takeout I’ve been working on a proportional sauce. Right now it’s 2 parts hot mustard to 1 part each soy sauce and duck sauce. Makes nice dipping sauce for egg rolls or dumplings.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i do a line each of duck sauce and hot mustard on my egg rolls as a rule. and a third line of shrimp sauce /white sauce/ yum yum sauce where available

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i do a line each of duck sauce and hot mustard on my egg rolls as a rule.

:yeah:

in your average egg roll two-pack i do one up the same way, and another with a perfect hot-dog squiggle of sriracha

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I found some new bbq flavored doritos at the wal mart today. I’ll give them a solid 8/10, they’re a good chip. There’s nothing really phenomenal or mind blowing about them, outside of the novelty of a bbq flavored corn chip, but the bag promised them to be sweet and tangy and they delivered. I would buy them again, and I’ll be happy if they stick around. I’m glad to see doritos branching out into more flavors

I also tried some bbq flavored fritos that I had never seen before. These weren’t the best. Very plain and unremarkable. Nothing offensive about them, but also nothing worth writing home about either. Fritos’ other two flavored offerings, the chili cheese and the honey bbq twists, are both far superior. I was especially disappointed because even plain fritos are one of my favorite chips out there. Would not buy again, but I would still eat them if they were in front of me

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

There was a time in my life where I worked noc shift and one of my regular 3 am snacks was a hot dog bun with peanut butter and fritos on it. It wasn’t very good, but I ate a ton of them because the kitchen would always lock up all the good stuff

E: sometimes if they left it out I would add hot sauce too

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The hell is duck sauce? AM I MISSING OUT?!

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
it's sweet and sour but in little packets like the hot mustard

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Ziv Zulander posted:

I found some new bbq flavored doritos at the wal mart today. I’ll give them a solid 8/10, they’re a good chip. There’s nothing really phenomenal or mind blowing about them, outside of the novelty of a bbq flavored corn chip, but the bag promised them to be sweet and tangy and they delivered. I would buy them again, and I’ll be happy if they stick around. I’m glad to see doritos branching out into more flavors

I also tried some bbq flavored fritos that I had never seen before. These weren’t the best. Very plain and unremarkable. Nothing offensive about them, but also nothing worth writing home about either. Fritos’ other two flavored offerings, the chili cheese and the honey bbq twists, are both far superior. I was especially disappointed because even plain fritos are one of my favorite chips out there. Would not buy again, but I would still eat them if they were in front of me

I just found these at my local Family Dollar. Sweet and tangy bbq flavor. They kick rear end. They remind of those Texas Grill fritos from the 90s with the little grill marks on them. I've been pining for them since the late 90s and this is really drat close. Now if only I could find a surge I could play some ps1 games and relive the flavors of my teenage years.

https://www.mashed.com/1129785/the-discontinued-fritos-that-came-with-printed-on-grill-marks/

----------------

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Thought at first the hot mustard chips were skimping on powder

That sentiment went away as I continued to eat them. Good poo poo, solid #2 behind Tapatio

----------------

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

finally found those fuckin mustard chips. pretty good, though I think they'd be better with a little more heat and a little less tartness but that's life I suppose

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

eating some Lay's Kettle Cooked Original chips and they are extremely meh. One of the least impressive kettle chips i have ever eaten which is sad because i actually like plain regular lays fine

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I eat potato chip and lie.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
I bought some BEER! flavored chip at the Aldi and man they are not good. Just some bitter flavor dust that I guess is supposed to simulate the flavor of hops? At least it’s not too overpowering but man, idk how this passed a focus group

Might end up returning something to Aldi for the first time ever

----------------

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

UKJeff posted:

I bought some BEER! flavored chip at the Aldi and man they are not good. Just some bitter flavor dust that I guess is supposed to simulate the flavor of hops? At least it’s not too overpowering but man, idk how this passed a focus group

Might end up returning something to Aldi for the first time ever

God drat that sounds terrible, what other flavors do they make? Ashtray?

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Might try the bratwurst variety TBH

----------------

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Chiming in to add my approval of the hot mustard Doritos. They seem to have sold pretty well at my local grocery, too. None left in the regular chip aisle, I happened to spot some on an endcap halfway across the store.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

zapp's greatest crime is not having voodoo heat rolled out to every market and ideally a silo of them next to my house with a chute directly into my mouth

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I got some pringles flavors I haven’t seen before. Cheddar sour cream, hot mustard, and Philly cheesesteak. All of them were very disappointing. None of them were really bad, they were just plain and inoffensive. Would not buy again and would not recommend trying. The cheesesteak flavor was probably the best, because it tasted of onions and American cheese. The worst was the hot honey flavor, because it was so mild and disappointing.

e: also I apologize that pringles are in fact potato crisps and not potato chips, and that this is technically an off topic post

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the zapps onion chips suck. sugar and dextrose before onions in the ingredients list and the flavor of sugar really comes through

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I can only ever find these when I go to Newfoundland. They taste like regular lay’s dusted with rosemary and chicken bouillon and that’s just fine with me baby

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Work at an Asian restaurant. Hot mustard comes as a powder and you just mix it vinegar. Find the powder, set for years. Save the cheerleader, save the world.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
found these the other day and had high hopes for them. they don't really taste like much of anything really. i guess i was expecting that strong purple takis flavor-punch. disappointing

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

i guess i was expecting that strong purple takis flavor-punch. disappointing

That's my reaction to every flavor that's not the purple.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Just found a place by me sells rap snacks. What are the good flavors? I got migos sour cream and ranch and it’s very not good

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Stupid Publix had Utz on bogo and bitch-rear end motherfuckers bought up all the dark russet.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

DORITOS® DINAMITA® STICKS Hot Honey Mustard are an easy s tier puffed corn stick snack. Stong, spicy brown mustard flavor with only a little bit of sweetness at the end. Their other offerings aren’t the best but this one hits really good

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
God dammit why do all of the cool new flavors of Doritos (also the vast majority of anything flavored made by Frito-Lays) need to have loving dumpster whey milk products, that sounds like an awesome bag of chips. At least I have Salsa Verde and Sweet Thai Chili but come the gently caress on.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Because people like cheese

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its true, cheese is pretty good

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

don't know if this counts as a potato chip but the pop corners spicy queso is pretty good. not a huge fan of those chip alternatives most of the time but this was a good one

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Yea the corn alternatives are good. Probably just as unhealthy but it’s very light tasting, and fills you up easier.

Potato chips, I can just consume a family bag and feel nothing

----------------

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

that's a good point! I can blow through a bag of chips but I was good on these after a few handfuls

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I can blow through a bag of chips

That’s a weird trick to get through a breathalyzer test

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

due to an incident in 2004 I don't want to get into I am not allowed to drive unless I am Dangerously Cheesy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Please bring back the Hot Mustard Doritos. Those were too good to be a limited time thing.